• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bronxgal
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Jun 2005

Sally’s Lack of Self Awareness

I nearly spit out my water today. Her question to Kyle vat the end of today’s show reveals a total lack of self awareness.

She first asked Theo to find out who was in line for the job at JVC so she could take them down. She is the one who involved Tara in her vendetta. She just lied to Jack.

Yet it’s everyone else’s fault that people don’t trust her?

The sad thing is she is apparently talented and good at what she does, but thinks she can only get ahead by scheming.

I don’t care if she grew up working class poor. So did Amanda and she doesn’t result to scheming and lying to get her way.
    Last edited by bronxgal; July 30, 2021, 01:57 PM.
  • TooFree4You
    Contract Poster
    • Jan 2019

Unfortunately this is Sally. Instead of just being honest about what she’s done she’s just digging herself in deeper. .

Comment

• DallasGal
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jun 2008

bronxgal — Me too! All the things happening to Sally; especially with Jack are due to her own lies. And her co-conspirator keeps throwing her under the bus to Jack and Kyle. Tara tries to tag Phyllis but it always comes back to Sally’s drama with Phyllis being the source of her current problems.

Comment

• zenmaster5
        Soap Addict
        • May 2017

Very good post. Sally definitely is her own worse enemy. She brings all her troubles on herself. I agree that Sally is good at what she does and doesn't need to scheme, lie and manipulate to get ahead, but she does just that which ends up screwing her over in the end. When will Sally learn from her mistakes

Comment

• Rubythroat1
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jan 2014

I have a theory. Sally is very self aware. She just believes no one else is as smart as she is. Darn-foiled again! That is how she views the people around her.
          Men are just like new puppies in a basket. Give them food, treats and a new toy, and off you go! They have unconditional love for you. As long as they get a walk
          and a pat on the head, (Oh, and good sex) You are made!

Comment

• kentucky
            Senior Board Member
            • Mar 2004

During her conversations with Phyllis, she did act as if she had been targeted without provocation and just could not understand what Phyllis' problem is concerning her. She is either lacking in self awareness or she's a slick con. She ran to Tara and has done whatever else she needs to do to cover herself. Rubythroat may have a good point that it's simply that she thinks she's smarter than everyone else. There's an arrogance about her.

Comment

• aryastark
              Senior Board Member
              • Jan 2021

Originally posted by DallasGal View Post
              bronxgal — Me too! All the things happening to Sally; especially with Jack are due to her own lies. And her co-conspirator keeps throwing her under the bus to Jack and Kyle. Tara tries to tag Phyllis but it always comes back to Sally’s drama with Phyllis being the source of her current problems.
              Phyllis gave Sally a get of out trouble card free twice, not once but twice. Sally was to vindictive and too stupid to take it.
              Last edited by aryastark; July 31, 2021, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• DallasGal
                DallasGal commented
                Editing a comment
                Right! Sally is too stupid to know when to just give it up. She keeps doubling down on the lies. Plus, I am sick of her whining that Phyllis is trying to ruin her life. Sally is ruining her own life. Just as the same comments that Summer chose to leave Sally has chosen to lie. Her choice.
            • Restless soap
              Board Regular
              • Nov 2014

She actually believes she's a victim regardless of everything she's done and is still doing. She believes are actions against others are justified as long she gets what she wants but no one should fight back. Her self entitlement knows no boundaries.

Comment

I want to like her, but the way she's pulling this "don't you see I'm a victim?? everyone mistrusts me and I've done NOTHING WRONG!!!!" knowing that she's guilty just makes her seem irredeemable. Nothing she can say once she's caught will make any difference, she's played the victim and gaslit people too many times, how am I ever supposed to take her apologies seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by aryastark View Post

Phyllis gave Sally at get out trouble card free twice, not once but twice. Sally was to vindictive and too stupid to take it.
                  I personally believe that she meant it, too. If Sally had turned on Tara, Phyllis would have teamed up with her no questions asked. She still wouldn't like her, but that was a good faith gesture.

Comment

• KendallSam
                    KendallSam commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I saw that too and really really wanted Sally to come clean.

That was the road to redemption (Phyllis would have went to bat for her after that).

Even if Sally would have told Jack the entire truth… but she lied, again.

I bet Tara “confesses” that big bully Sally “MADE” her do things she didn’t want to. (When busted of course).
                • bronxgal
                  I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                  • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Rubythroat1 View Post
                  I have a theory. Sally is very self aware. She just believes no one else is as smart as she is. Darn-foiled again! That is how she views the people around her.
                  Men are just like new puppies in a basket. Give them food, treats and a new toy, and off you go! They have unconditional love for you. As long as they get a walk
                  and a pat on the head, (Oh, and good sex) You are made!
                  This is a good theory. Young and arrogant she thinks she can maneuver everyone.

Comment

• henyvo02
                    henyvo02 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes i think you are right she is young and arrogant and thinks she is smarter then anyone else just like a lot of people that age nowadays
                • guichard
                  Contract Poster
                  • Oct 2015

There was no reason to lie to Jack , the text didn't reveal anything. She could easily have said , she doesn't know what it is about

Comment

• Mariko
                    Mariko commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That is what she said originally, She didn't know what it was about, because it didn't come from her.

• DallasGal
                    DallasGal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mariko

Jack asked her what the text said.
                    Sally told Jack she never saw the text.
                    Jack pulled out the video of Sally clearly looking at the text. She tried to recover by saying she saw it quickly but didn’t read the words.
                • Retiredmom
                  Board Regular
                  • May 2021

Lack of self-awareness can you say Phyllis???? Her judging of Sally and Tara and her KID, guess only Phyllis’ children’s welfare has always trumped every other child. Just as Cricket or Sharon I’m anyone that has gotten in Phyllis’ way to succeed and have power remember how excited she was to be the “power couple” of Genoa city. The most hypocritical character I FF the self righteous conniver

Comment

• henyvo02
                    henyvo02 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So what ever Phyllis is or has done gives Sally free rein to do what ever she wants

• bronxgal
                    bronxgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would say Phyllis now is very self aware. She knows how she is perceived and knows her actions push the boundaries. Look at her scenes with Jack, she owns every part of herself especially the messy parts.
                • couplingchick
                  Soap Addict
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by aryastark View Post

Phyllis gave Sally a get of out trouble card free twice, not once but twice. Sally was to vindictive and too stupid to take it.
                  Yeah Sally sure was too dumb or vindictive to take the tiny olive branch Phyllis was offering her I mean she honestly thinks she’s going to get away with all this .... it’s so funny it’s almost sad and pathetic at this point to see Sally continue to be her own worst enemy. Sally is setting herself up for an even bigger fall in the end with ONLY herself to blame!

Comment

• MalixM
                    Lurking in the Shadows
                    • Aug 2021

Sally is unlikeable ! At least Adam admits he does wrong things Sally always blames others for her lies and manipulations! If she truly loved jack she would never connive against his family or son! Sally needs to be humbled alone and work back from the bottom and stop her lied

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X