Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curious on the status of Courtney Hopes aka Sallys contract?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious on the status of Courtney Hopes aka Sallys contract?

I could have swore she only signed a 1 year contract when she joined Y&R last year plus she will basically have no storyline when she gets exposed by Phyllis.

I don’t think the character can survive after that and she will get exposed!

Comment

Tara will be written off the show and good riddance. But I think Sally will survive. Jack will dump her but she can move on with someone else. Adam would be a good choice.

Comment

Sally can go work at Newman Media since Adam has some sort of fashion division. I still don’t get what the business reason or what exactly Chloe is doing.

Comment

• Anotherwoman
          Anotherwoman commented
          Editing a comment
          That is an excellent idea. Why would they hire her to simply prop up a boring Phyllis and sad Jack. A Waste of talent.

I like Sally. I hope this isn't the end for her. I like her with Jack, but I don't think that's possible once her dirty deeds are discovered. Tara is a useless character and I won't miss her one bit

Comment

• TunerEyes
          TunerEyes commented
          Editing a comment
          Sally doesn’t push to make the effort to explain the situation and why things happened as they did. She didn’t really do it with Lauren or with Jack. Kind of don’t understand if both relationships are important to her. Instead she’s letting Phyllis get the better of her. Why bring her on or Tara on for fairly short term drama. I want characters that give us a continuing storyline and make watching every day for years worth the time put in.

I think Courtney will remain on. She signed back in October 2020, so it will be one year in October 2021.

I think Tara will exit.

They need to give Sally a new arc. She can be redeemed and her bad flaws are not not as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa_Fan View Post
          I think Courtney will remain on. She signed back in October 2020, so it will be one year in October 2021.

I think Tara will exit.

They need to give Sally a new arc. She can be redeemed and her bad flaws are not not as bad.
          I agree that Sally can be redeemed and no doubt as much as Sally gets under my skin that’s a testament to the actress playing her and the great job she’s doing but in order for Sally to have any redemption at all she needs to own up to what she’s done and suffer the consequences... and stop blaming Summer , Phyllis or Tara as the reason and just own up to the stupid and selfish things she’s done already. Sally needs to grow up .. be honest for once in her life and stop with the excuses and accept whatever comes from that and until her character does that I just don’t find her root worthy at all... she’s become one note and boring with the same schemes over and over again... I just don’t find her appealing or authentic at this point.

Comment

• Texin
            Texin commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think they plan any kind of redemption arc for Sally Spectra. She's been the same type of troublemaker and schemer on two soap platforms now for a good while. If Sally stays, I think it's about a 50/50 bet Lauren will retain her. She told Jack that Sally's doing a great job for JVC and unless the contract situation with HK is resolved, it looks as if Summer will stay in Milan with Marchetti, because you know that Kyle will end up going to her for a reunion. At any rate, it doesn't looks as if the two of them will be returning soon to Genoa City unless they recast the roles, which at this point doesn't look plausible.

Originally posted by couplingchick View Post

I agree that Sally can be redeemed and no doubt as much as Sally gets under my skin that’s a testament to the actress playing her and the great job she’s doing but in order for Sally to have any redemption at all she needs to own up to what she’s done and suffer the consequences... and stop blaming Summer , Phyllis or Tara as the reason and just own up to the stupid and selfish things she’s done already. Sally needs to grow up .. be honest for once in her life and stop with the excuses and accept whatever comes from that and until her character does that I just don’t find her root worthy at all... she’s become one note and boring with the same schemes over and over again... I just don’t find her appealing or authentic at this point.
          Sally indeed gets under my skin too and I agree it's a testament to the actress playing her and the great job she is doing in her portrayal of Sally. She does need to own up to all those despicable things she has done since arriving in Genoa City if she expects any redemption at all. The blame lies with Sally and not anyone else. I so agree that until Sally grows up and takes responsibility for her actions, I cannot root for her at all.

Comment

If we are lucky Sally will stay, the show is short on young people anyway. Is it because she is a new character that many posters are so hard on her? She absolutely has flaws but there are posters that actually like Summer.
            Tara might go, I think her sl got amended with HK's (Summer's) departure. Now we only know her as a bad person so it is harder to keep her around.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa_Fan View Post

I think Tara will exit.

This is what I'm hoping for. Absolutely all of the characters, except maybe Traci, have done bad things. Some really bad, like attempted murder. So I don't see why Sally can't be redeemed. However I think she and Jack are done. Maybe pair her up with Nick.

Comment

• fierce54
                fierce54 commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with you. Just about everyone on this show has been guilty of foolishness at one point in time. I really wish she and Jack could have made it though. Older men with younger women are one dynamic that I love about soaps. I really love Jack and want to see him live a little. She definitely would keep it interesting for him. However, I am here for her being with Nick just to see Phyllis blow her top OR working with Adam/Chloe at Newman (not sure of the new name for the separate company) in order to keep her somewhat connected to Lauren. Maybe the Baldwins will get some more screen time along with Gloria. Just a thought.

How would anyone really know how long these actor's contracts are for? This whole thread is just speculation and opinions of what people WANT to happen.

Is there really a site where we can read what's in an actor's contract?

Comment

I think Tara will be out but expect Sally will stick around. The challenge will be what they do with her. I agree she could go work at NM. While I think she needs to own up to what she did,, I don't think she should be totally redeemed into a "good girl". The show needs trouble makers and not everyone has to love them. So far all she has done is scheme and they need to give her more layers so that is not all she is. She needs to interact more with the younger set.

Comment

I don't like Sally at all. I would be fine if she left, the sooner the better. She drives me nuts with her weird mannerisms.

Comment

I love Sally she fought on B&B, now fighting here on Y&R . All she wants is a slice of the pie.
                    They gave her nothing to work with and i mean nothing.Destroying her SL with Jack was foolish.
                    She's a survivor.Reminds me of this guy on AMC told Adam Chandler he wanted to be just like him.
                    When he saw how ruthless Adam was in business he change his mind.Adam told him in this world
                    you have to step on people if they rise again then you squash them. Sally want her foot in the door

Comment

Originally posted by xoregonian View Post
                      How would anyone really know how long these actor's contracts are for? This whole thread is just speculation and opinions of what people WANT to happen.

Is there really a site where we can read what's in an actor's contract?
                      nope, mostly online speculation but sometime the info get out that the actor is renegotiating

Comment

• xoregonian
                        xoregonian commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Unless I see an actual tweet from an actual actor stating their contract info, nothing can be confirmed and is all merely speculation. That's how all the erroneous rumors get spread around and around. Can't believe any of it.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X