• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Theresa_Fan
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2007

Nate should honestly give Imani a chance

He only seem to get reinvested in Elena because she saved his life. It wasn't too long ago she was thinking of Devon after having sex with Nate.
  • Lightdeb
    Board Regular
    • Sep 2013

Imani is not taking no for an answer. I'm enjoying the flirting, she's being a little thirsty, but I get it, Nate is a hottie.

Comment

• Teaday13
      Contract Poster
      • May 2019

imo Imani is too hungry. wish Nate would make a move so everyone knows where he stands cause he is allowing it to continue. Of course Elena is jealous so the back and forth continues.

Comment

• Pa.Grannie
        Day Player
        • Mar 2021

Why? Nate is seeing Elana. Imani is just a thirsty man hungry flirt. I hope Nate tells her to back off.

Comment

• Rusti
          Senior Board Member
          • Jun 2013

Nate needs to step up and let Imani know that he isn't interested. But like most men he's flattered that he has two women vying for his attention. If it's really Elena that he wants, he needs to show her some respect and not allow Imani to act like she does in front of the woman that he is seeing. There's nothing appealing about a woman who acts like Imani.
          Last edited by Rusti; July 23, 2021, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• littleliz
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            • Nov 2016

I think so too. Nate is so handsome but he isn't the most romantic type. He needs to work on his style.
            Be a little more huggee and cuddly to women. I would like to see him with Imani.

Comment

• KTitus
              Executive Poster
              • Aug 2005

Nate never should have held Elena back if he wasn't sure. He has given Amanda, Elena and Imani mixed signals from the very beginning. Perhaps he's messed up from losing the lady to whom he was engaged.

Comment

• Jerze
                Executive Poster
                • Jun 2006

Nate needs to make it clear to Imani that he is “taken” - he’s allowing her to disrespect his girlfriend. That being said Elena needs to meet Miss Thing in the ladies room and tell her in no uncertain terms to stop pushing up on her man. Bet she wouldn’t try that with Amanda.

Comment

• zenmaster5
                  • May 2017

No way should Nate give Imani a chance especially because he is dating Elena now. I really think Nate is enjoying the flirting from Imani especially when it's done in front of Elena. Nate probably wants Elena to see that someone else is interested in him and that she should be lucky that he's with her. Nate isn't oblivious to Imani's flirting, he is enjoying it which to me is disrespectful to Elena. Nate really needs to set Imani straight before we have another round of cheating with a new player on board, Imani and I am not interested in seeing that.

Comment

• Angeldar
                    Soap Addict
                    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Jerze View Post
                    Nate needs to make it clear to Imani that he is “taken” - he’s allowing her to disrespect his girlfriend. That being said Elena needs to meet Miss Thing in the ladies room and tell her in no uncertain terms to stop pushing up on her man. Bet she wouldn’t try that with Amanda.
                    Disrespect is right, in fact, Nate is disrespecting her at the same time. Elena knows exactly what's going on , it's all over her face, but Nate is a dope and just looks at her with a disgusted face and asks what her problem is. In one sense, it looks good on her but Nate never really a firm commitment to her so he can take off whenever he likes. It was her choice to give up a job for him with only a whimsical idea of getting back together. Amanda warned Imani to back off because he is taken but she didn't care. I think Amanda is looking out for herself because if Nate goes, Elena will be back sniffing around Devon. I think she is in for problems so Devon better be prepared to offer a shoulder.

Comment

• caitie
                      caitie commented
                      Editing a comment
                      As I noted in a longer post, I think Elena and Nate's whole history - two years worth - played into Elena's decision to stay. From the content of his words when he asked Elena to stay, I'm pretty sure that he was thinking of ALL their history together - and I'm pretty sure that Elena's positive response was based on that long, serious history and was not a rushed decision based in the moment. Something to think about.
                  • caitie
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Mar 2010

Why should Nate “give Imani a chance”? It’s not as if he and she have spent any real time getting to know each other. First steps first.

Comment

• alicez
                      Under-Five
                      • Jan 2021

Imani is a beautiful, strong woman so why not flirt? Someone should tell Elena to take her elbows off the table while eating, classy...

Comment

• caitie
                        Aspiring soap scribe
                        • Mar 2010

And now for the long version.

So, about Nate’s feelings for Elena and the nature of his relationship with her, maybe a review is in order. Looking back to the clinic cheating incident early last fall, I was reminded of how Nate described at that time the strong feelings he had for Elena – and had had FOR A LONG TIME.

‘I’ve never been more certain about anything in my life. But I could never admit how I felt … how much I wanted you for a long, long time.”

Elena was still in love with Devon, so wasn’t ready to hear Nate’s pleas; but there is NO DOUBT that Nate loved Elena. We saw on screen how he tried for months to win her love, eventually stepping away when he worried she would never get over Devon. BUT, as Nate said to both Elena and Lola, those feelings NEVER went away.

So, yes, the realization that Elena was over Devon and wanted to be with him instead happened quickly because of the life-threatening allergic reaction. But isn’t the important point the fact that this new realization was built on a long history of serious, real, sustained feelings Nate had and has for Elena??? For me, this makes the idea of Nate simply shifting his feelings and “giving Imani a chance” lack any semblance of substance or real development.

Because YR writers have shown how quickly they will write an individual out-of-character to force a desired plot point, I can see them changing Nate’s character and feelings to create new drama. So we’ll see what happens.
                        Last edited by caitie; July 23, 2021, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• kirkelash
                          kirkelash commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank you for this reply. You said it better than I could and I agree with every word.
                      • 1CorgiMom
                        Day Player
                        • Jan 2019

Imani is a spoiled brat! I would not give her the time of day cuz she's just all about seeing who & what she can conquer!
                        Last edited by 1CorgiMom; July 23, 2021, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• bronxgal
                          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Theresa_Fan View Post
                          He only seem to get reinvested in Elena because she saved his life. It wasn't too long ago she was thinking of Devon after having sex with Nate.
                          He was softening towards her before she saved his life though. The issue for him was making sure Devon moved on for good. He never stopped caring for her.

But it was the idea of her moving away that pushed him to follow his feelings.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X