Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

When is Jack ever going to find his true love????

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • janesBydiction
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Dec 2011

Phyllis simply isn't into Jack like that. I'm not trying to be shady, but if I like Jack, the last thing I'd want is Phyllis. Why? The past 10+ years. The minute she met Nick, it was basically game over. I'm talking about the past 15-16 years. Phyllis is Jack's soulmate, but I'm afraid Jack isn't Phyllis'.

She loves and cares for Jack, but I really don't think she will be passionately into him like that. He is her fallback option if nothing else works out. Phyllis needs passion from any man she's with, not a man who presents himself like a glorified charity case.

Honestly, if they ever wanted to do Phack again, seriously, they need to smarten Jack up. Phyllis does not respect men who are desperate and are pushovers. At all. That is what Jack is.

I'd argue Phick forever derailed Shick as well. Every single time they put Shick together, somehow, someway, Phyllis completely torpedos that. Some like to use MS as a scapegoat for that, but this happened a couple of times while she was gone. Read into that what you will.

With that said, I think Sally genuinely cares for Jack. I think she's sincere in wanting to make that relationship work. They need to have her stop lying about nonsense though.

Jack doesn't need a soulmate, he needs dignity and purpose. His life shouldn't feel so hollow onscreen because he's not in a realtionship. He can fill his life with other hobbies and ventures. That will make him more attractive to women.

Comment

• DallasGal
      DallasGal commented
      Editing a comment
      We make some good points but I would counter a couple of things for discussion’s sake.

1. If Phyllis needs a man who is not a push over then that guy is not Nick. Phyllis is still concerned that working with Victor is a bad idea because she knows Nick typically caves when he gets close to Victor. I wouldn’t say that Nick is desperate; however, has this guy ever gone without a woman? Just recent history, Sage is barely cold and Nick is with Chelsea.

2. Phyllis may be torn between two men but Jack has really only been passionate about Phyllis. I agree that Nick and Phyllis are compatible in the bedroom. And Phyllis felt that way about Jack at one time. Jack’s decision to let Victor off the hook for Marco hurt Phyllis. So he has done his share of hurting too.

3. Phyllis isn’t alone on that submarine when the torpedos were launched! ?. Nick is the one who screws up his relationship with Sharon. Recent history, Nick went to Phyllis when Sharon took off the ring or they had a fight.

• Theresa_Fan
      Theresa_Fan commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree. I also think if he has ran into Chelsea that night, he probably would have slept with her too. He was distraught with Sharon taking off her ring after an argument. She invited him over to play videogames and she joined him at the bar. He did not seek anyone out.
  • janesBydiction
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by aryastark View Post

Someone should tell several different teams of writers/producers at Y&R over the past 15+ years this, clearly they didn't get the memo.
    This. Through several writing regimes. I doubt anyone thought Phick would last beyond 2006 in 2005, and here we are in 2021.

This place's couple/storyline predictions are consistently off, something I've noticed over the years. Remember when Summer was supposed to have been Jack's and Phyllis changed the results? Remember how that all backfired?

Comment

• DallasGal
      DallasGal commented
      Editing a comment
      I should have added the rest of the story.

Nick is the one who lied in the beginning about the DNA test result that Summer was his. He never looked at the test. Phyllis believed him. It wasn’t until it looked like Kyle and Summer were going to be together that Nick took another test. It was that test that Sharon changed.

• Theresa_Fan
      Theresa_Fan commented
      Editing a comment
      To be fair, a lot of people thought she was Jack's because Joshua Morrow made a comment about betting his house that Summer was Jack's.

• henyvo02
      henyvo02 commented
      Editing a comment
      Phyllis never changed the results Sharon did ?
  • KendallSam
    • Jun 2007

Patty Williams!

Jack is no saint but he has had chances with love and messed it up.

I liked Sharon and Jack.

Gen V and Jack were nice, until they weren’t.

Nikki and Jack reuniting was nice… until she left him right after for Victor. Waited all them years to get back together and she dipped out so fast.

Emily and Jack were fine.

Phyllis and Jack were amazing when they first got together 1.0

Diane is now gone so… no reunion there.

Jack and Gloria! They made sense and had some fun together.

Comment

• aryastark
      Senior Board Member
      • Jan 2021

Originally posted by janesBydiction View Post

This. Through several writing regimes. I doubt anyone thought Phick would last beyond 2006 in 2005, and here we are in 2021.

This place's couple/storyline predictions are consistently off, something I've noticed over the years. Remember when Summer was supposed to have been Jack's and Phyllis changed the results? Remember how that all backfired?

Re: Summer's paternity. For years it was Summer is Jack's, regardless of what the paternity test results showed. Did that ever backfire! Throwing Sharon under the bus.

Comment

• DallasGal
        DallasGal commented
        Editing a comment
        No one throw Sharon under the bus. Sharon tampered with test. She wanted to take a child from her father.
    • Theresa_Fan
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by janesBydiction View Post
      Phyllis simply isn't into Jack like that. I'm not trying to be shady, but if I like Jack, the last thing I'd want is Phyllis. Why? The past 10+ years. The minute she met Nick, it was basically game over. I'm talking about the past 15-16 years. Phyllis is Jack's soulmate, but I'm afraid Jack isn't Phyllis'.

She loves and cares for Jack, but I really don't think she will be passionately into him like that. He is her fallback option if nothing else works out. Phyllis needs passion from any man she's with, not a man who presents himself like a glorified charity case.

Honestly, if they ever wanted to do Phack again, seriously, they need to smarten Jack up. Phyllis does not respect men who are desperate and are pushovers. At all. That is what Jack is.

I'd argue Phick forever derailed Shick as well. Every single time they put Shick together, somehow, someway, Phyllis completely torpedos that. Some like to use MS as a scapegoat for that, but this happened a couple of times while she was gone. Read into that what you will.

With that said, I think Sally genuinely cares for Jack. I think she's sincere in wanting to make that relationship work. They need to have her stop lying about nonsense though.

Jack doesn't need a soulmate, he needs dignity and purpose. His life shouldn't feel so hollow onscreen because he's not in a realtionship. He can fill his life with other hobbies and ventures. That will make him more attractive to women.
      One could argue an actor may prefer a pairing, but it should not matter. The HW has complete control to tell a narrative.

I personally can't ignore that Nick told Phyllis that Sharon was the love of his life to her face.

Joshua has said countless times (Even having to apologize) that Nick and Sharon will end up together. So as a Shick fan this tells me, no matter how many times Phyllis gets with Nick that Nick will go back to Sharon and he said he will root for Shick's "HEA" or Happily ever after.

I think Phyllis true love is Jack. MS has said it is Nick but eek, I don't think Phyllis is the greatest love of Nick's life and JM doesn't think Phyllis is. He has said Nick loves Phyllis but it's always going to be Sharon in the end. This is the first real relationship for Nick and Phyllis since what 2012? Nick cheated on Phyllis with Sharon and then she cheated on him with Ronan. Then he slept with her sister and he only blinked at her because Sharon took off her ring. Then they got into a faux relationship a few years back while he was begging Sharon to get into his bed.

I feel they are together right now due to a lack of options. I think Josh is slowly steering the ship back to Phack and then may down the road do Shick vs Shadam.

I think the debate of Jack vs Nick for Phyllis heart is an interesting one. Phyllis may lust Nick but I truly think she was in love with Jack. She said recently something stopped her from getting what she always wanted. I think her lust and hot sex with Nick clouds her judgement. I don't think she is deeply in love with Nick, I just think she finds him hot but when she was with Jack she was deeply invested in being his wife and being in love with him.

Comment

• campari1809
        Recurring Poster
        • Jul 2010

Jack and a deep true love meaningful relationship - Yawn. Someone should be signing Jack up for Silver Singles. Jack on a dating app and his charm at work. Could be so fun to watch!

Comment

• Theresa_Fan
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by campari1809 View Post
          Jack and a deep true love meaningful relationship - Yawn. Someone should be signing Jack up for Silver Singles. Jack on a dating app and his charm at work. Could be so fun to watch!
          They should do a dating app storyline. That would be hilarious.

Comment

• sexychocolate
            Day Player
            • Sep 2007

With who? There are not enough female characters on the show for him to be involved with. I thought they were going to pair him & Tara but obviously not.

Comment

• bluejazz
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Aug 2008

He's not going to find true love dating women young enough to be his grandchildren. Acting like a naive, gullible chump is only going to bring him trouble and pain.

Jack needs to smarten up.

Comment

• DallasGal
                DallasGal commented
                Editing a comment
                I was happy to see Jack didn’t cave today but no doubt that Sally will continue to beg. She has no friends so all she has is Jack.

• Pa.Grannie
                Pa.Grannie commented
                Editing a comment
                Bring Gloria or Jill back. At least they were a challenge. And his age range. Which gives them something in common.

• bluejazz
                bluejazz commented
                Editing a comment
                Jess Walton's (Jill) husband is ill, iirc.
            • Pa.Grannie
              Day Player
              • Mar 2021

She's a thirsty nag, isn't she? Doesn't know when to let it go. Some men like a woman who is a little standoffish

Comment

• Pa.Grannie
                Day Player
                • Mar 2021

Sorry about Jess's husband. Prayers.

Comment

• Russellgm
                  Contract Poster
                  • Apr 2018

Are you kidding me, Phylllis is never going to allow that as long as she draw breathe. But Oh she can move on with anyone she pleases.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X