What's with all these references to old storylines and characters?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xoregonian
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2014

What's with all these references to old storylines and characters?

So they bring back Ben. Then Sharon mentions Dylan. Today Tess brought up Ian Ward. They then rehash the old story of Tess' sister and her having to prostitute herself, back when Tess had to go and save her.

Yet they can't bring back Paul?

WTH are they doing this for? Can't we get on with current storylines and get some of this stuff resolved? It's not like they will be able to tie all of this stuff together.

• DebJN
    Board Regular
    • Oct 2019

I know, it’s strange how former characters’ names are being mentioned all of a sudden. It’s not like they’re all coming back unless it’s starting with Ben, lol.
    Maybe they don’t know where the current storylines are headed so they’re going with nostalgia.

Comment

• WorldTurner
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jan 2006

I loved all the references to history. I thought it was terrific.

Comment

• xoregonian
        xoregonian commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't mind the references to old characters. There was no need to bring up Tess' sister and that horrible storyline imo.
    • TooFree4You
      Contract Poster
      • Jan 2019

I don’t have a problem with it. Seems these specific names are being used purposely. We don’t know what happened to Mariah so we’ve got the Ian Ward angle, Stitch etc. to perhaps make the audience guess who’s involved.

It does seem obvious there’s an issue with the Chance character returning. There’s no reason the character couldn’t have been recast by now unless they just don’t have any intention of bringing him back ….

We've gotten Ashland and his wife and little kid. We’ve gotten Amanda’s sister, mother, and grandfather . Nina is back and ugh to that .
      Now Stitch, so money can’t be the problem.

Comment

• kyzer sosay
        Contract Poster
        • Nov 2008

Perhaps contract negotiations are underway with Steve Burton for Dylan, and a recast Chance... but first, the subject of Hunter King’s contract must be resolved,

Comment

• MsMalin
          MsMalin commented
          Editing a comment
          I highly doubt that Steve Burton has any plans of returning. They wrote an awful storyline for him and he is now back in GH with a good lead role.
      • cat_woman
        Senior Board Member
        • Feb 2015

I'd love to have Dylan return if SB was willing and able to come back. I was sorry he left.

Comment

• MsMalin
          MsMalin commented
          Editing a comment
          No way is he returning.

• xoregonian
          xoregonian commented
          Editing a comment
          At this point I agree that there's no way SB is coming back as Dylan any time soon. He's completely entrenched again at GH. But with a soap I will never say "never" again. lol
      • DallasGal
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jun 2008

It really bugs me is when Rey makes a reference to Paul. I really dislike the writers using that crutch because it’s obvious the show doesn’t want to send Paul off into retirement but they don’t want to write for character either.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
          Rubythroat1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, that bugs me too. Like when they used " Hand " before Adam was recast.
          They don't have to pay royalties to a hand. Or a mention.
      • emilydaze
        Senior Board Member
        • May 2018

I think it's good to be reminded now and then of what happened in the past. I've forgotten half the things Mariah and Tessa both have done and been forgiven for.

It kind of makes sense that Stitch would bring up Dylan, who was an army buddy who was married to Sharon. It gives him a reason to hang around Crimson Lights.

Also, they may be bringing up old (criminal type) characters to take (viewer) suspicion off Stitch regarding Mariah's disappearance. Stitch wanted to remind Abby and Tessa that there could be bad people in their past who might have a grudge against them. Someone that may want to target Mariah as payback. So he's sort of directing their attention away from himself, and making them think of other possibilities.

I have to admit before Stitch started acting weird that I thought it might have been someone connected to Chance's "dangerous" undercover assignment that took Mariah, someone who wanted to target his child.

We really haven't seen any concrete proof yet that Stitch has Mariah. But he was one of the last people to see her. And it just seems odd that he's still hanging around, being overly helpful, visiting Mariah's friends and family, and always turning up at Abby's door. It's as if he doesn't have a life to go home to. Lots of red flags there.

Comment

• Theresa_Fan
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jul 2007

I think the names are being thrown out as red herrings. Not that any of them are returning.

Originally posted by cat_woman View Post
          I'd love to have Dylan return if SB was willing and able to come back. I was sorry he left.
          No way he returns unless GH is cancelled. We were lucky to have him for 2 years! I miss him on Y&R but I am also a fan of Steve as Jason.

Comment

• DallasGal
            DallasGal commented
            Editing a comment
            I don’t see any reason why the show can’t recast. Burton may have originated the role but he wasn’t in it long enough, in my opinion, to make it an iconic role. Recasting Dylan should be easy if there is a story to be told.
        • Shoelover
          Contract Poster
          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by xoregonian View Post
          So they bring back Ben. Then Sharon mentions Dylan. Today Tess brought up Ian Ward. They then rehash the old story of Tess' sister and her having to prostitute herself, back when Tess had to go and save her.

Yet they can't bring back Paul?

WTH are they doing this for? Can't we get on with current storylines and get some of this stuff resolved? It's not like they will be able to tie all of this stuff together.
          This is now a great time for someone to say “Let’s call Paul”. Especially since Rey is out of town.

Comment

• xoregonian
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by emilydaze View Post
            Also, they may be bringing up old (criminal type) characters to take (viewer) suspicion off Stitch regarding Mariah's disappearance. Stitch wanted to remind Abby and Tessa that there could be bad people in their past who might have a grudge against them. Someone that may want to target Mariah as payback. So he's sort of directing their attention away from himself, and making them think of other possibilities.

I have to admit before Stitch started acting weird that I thought it might have been someone connected to Chance's "dangerous" undercover assignment that took Mariah, someone who wanted to target his child.

It's as if he doesn't have a life to go home to. Lots of red flags there.
            It's funny because a number of people could be targeting anyone involved with the making of this baby. Technically, the baby isn't even Chance's at all, biologically speaking. Mariah's carrying it, Abby's egg was used, Devon's sperm, Mariah's girlfriend is a musical superstar, Newmans are rich, etc.

I mean Devon is a billionaire. What if someone took Mariah and is holding her for ransom on this baby that is biologically a billionaire's flesh and blood?

Or like Tess said, she's a huge music star (choke) so she could have all kinds of stalkers plotting to take her pregnant girlfriend.

I'm sure none of that is what's happening, so I guess they really are just throwing out a bunch of red herrings to make us speculate 'til this mess is over.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X