Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Should Y&R bring Jack's grandchild in town?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DOOLWill
    Board Regular
    • Jul 2013

Should Y&R bring Jack's grandchild in town?

I think it is about JG will write a compelling story for Jack. Bring his grandchild in town. Keemo must have at least one child by now if not more. Why not bring one of those grandchildren in town? I think that will give plenty of room for new stories for Jack and also bring new blood to Abbotts. They have to build the new generation of Abbotts somehow.

Thoughts?
  • bronxgal
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Jun 2005

There is Kyle, Abby, Katie and Johnny are all Abbotts. Theo is related to the Abbotts although not an Abbott. And Billy while older is the generation after Jack.

How many more Abbotts are needed?

Plus I wouldn’t hold out hope for anything Keemo related, if it hasn’t happened by now I doubt it is happening.

Comment

• Soapfan54
      Contract Poster
      • Aug 2016

Why? Jack, like Paul, isn't so hot in the parenting department. JMO

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
        Executive Poster
        • May 2014

Originally posted by DOOLWill View Post
        I think it is about JG will write a compelling story for Jack. Bring his grandchild in town. Keemo must have at least one child by now if not more. Why not bring one of those grandchildren in town? I think that will give plenty of room for new stories for Jack and also bring new blood to Abbotts. They have to build the new generation of Abbotts somehow.

Thoughts?
        I think it could be an interesting thing, especially if something happened to Keemo.
        It's like he doesn't exist, so if he met his demise off screen, where else would his child/children go?

He/she or they would be looking for family answers from their grandfather.

Comment

• YoungBold
          Board Regular
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Soapfan54 View Post
          Why? Jack, like Paul, isn't so hot in the parenting department. JMO
          This is true but also great story line potential. Imagine Keemo returning and he is around the same age as Nicholas. He has been in Hong Kong working at Jabot's regional offices as a high level executive and while he is the boss's son and he still has a great level of love for his father, it has been tested for years. He has a wife, three children in high end European boarding schools(so they're off screen) and with the recent upheavals in Hong Kong he has requested to come to Genoa City. His wife resents this and looks down on it as her family is also wealthy and in Asia(Korean maybe?) and Genoa City is quaint compared to where she would rather be.

This opens the door for Keemo to try and build his relationship with his father, secure his place in the Genoa City business world(first at Jabot, elsewhere as time moves on and Jack fails him) and gives Jack plenty of story as he balances Keemo and Billy's aspirations and needs for attention.

Comment

• GuidingLite
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Sep 2004

I think at this point the thing to hope for is Kyle having children......but not with Summer..(or Lola)......the Abbott/Newman families are so intertwined now it just makes it tough for dating because they are related to nearly everyone in town.

If Kyle were to meet a new woman...and have children with her...that would be great....the next generation of Abbotts.....but PLEASE let it be with someone who has ZERO relations in the Newman clan.....bring Eden back - Michael's half-sister....they were paired before, briefly...the history is already there....and have them marry.....send Summer packing....I have NO interest in her whatsoever.

Comment

• DallasGal
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jun 2008

No thanks to Jack’s grandson/ granddaughter arriving in GC because (based on the history of soap writing) the character would be a total pain in the backside and start stirring up trouble. I hate the way young characters are introduced.

I don’t want it to happen yet but I like the idea of Jack sharing a grandchild with Phyllis via Kyle and Summers. The child would have to be a baby before SORAD into a bratty teenager.

Comment

• kitty711
                I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                • Apr 2010

I think the writers want us to forget about keemo so I don't see it happening.

Comment

• Forever Fan
                  Forever Fan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agree. The writers have no interest in resurrecting Keemo, let alone his son or daughter.
              • Mr.Sami_Brady
                Soap Addict
                • Sep 2006

As much as I would love Keemo and his children to show up, I doubt it will happen.

That said, having a long-lost child for Jack would be great (Via Lindsay Wells) or when Emily didn't know she was pregnant when she and Jack ended their relationship in '09 (The child would be 11 without SORASing by now). The reason why Emily kept it quiet is that she was afraid and escaped Patty would abduct said child (And given that Patty is out on the loose, this isn't a stretch).

Comment

• ncposton
                  ncposton commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The Emily idea is outstanding, especially if Jack had a daughter.

• Mr.Sami_Brady
                  Mr.Sami_Brady commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you! I have been saying this for years! Minor note: I'd like to think that she had a son named Kieran (Following the unintentional "K" initial theme for Jack's sons). I WOULD have picked Kevin but... that is out of the question.

If Lindsay Wells came back, she would usher in a daughter (Named Madison, as she had the baby in Madison Wisconson). She would be a female Jack (early years) with a twist. She's a lesbian and a love interest for Mariah.
              • Cassie1965
                Day Player
                • Dec 2019

It should have happened a long time ago. But Keemo, his mother and Jack’s time in Vietnam is one of those stories that the show pretends never happened. Which is a shame as I always thought there was so many storyline possibilities.

Comment

• tosh
                  Senior Board Member
                  • Jul 2009

Yea but Keemo is asian and more diversity what's needed.
                  Would love to see asians on Y&R

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X