Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring back history to the present please

I miss so many people & so many things

Is anyone else watching the classics & wishing the show was like that now? There have been so many missed opportunities with characters and storylines.

Brad was a HUGE part of the show until he wasn’t. Now he barely gets a mention & Abby acts like Victor has always been her father. Where’s the angst?

Victoria & Nikki are besties now? Regardless of who is playing Victoria the writing was so much better when Victoria was ruthless & sticking her nose where it didn’t belong especially in her mother’s life

We need the Winters now more than ever. Especially now that Kristoff has passed. Having Devon & Lily make the occasional reference isn’t enough. Give me Dru & Olivia ASAP I wanna see them give Amanda hell.

Paul & Cricket. I miss them period. Find something for them to do. Where’s Heather? Is Ricky really dead? Can Nina come back too.

John Abbott should still be here I’d love to see Gloria vs Mamie

Sharon’s father the one avenue that was never explored. Maybe Doris could come back to support her girl through cancer & that could open up a new story

Just a few thoughts...

A couple of my thoughts...

I don’t want any character back that has died. I loved John but the ship has sailed. Ricky is really dead.

Amanda has done nothing to Dru or Olivia so why would they need to return to make Amanda miserable. If Dru is needed then she should be suspicious of Elani latching onto Devon so quickly. Olivia can butt into Nathan’s life. Amanda does not need grief from OTT Dru.

Paul and Chris should be on screen but I think Paul was sacrificed for Rey. Sharon needed a love interest and YR is not a show that needs multiple police officers. Exit Paul and enter Rey. Unfortunately Rey is not a very dynamic character and he pretty much fades into the background during his scenes.

Heather was a good addition but too many recasts sunk the character for me and each time she left it was no big deal. However, I think Phyllis’ son and granddaughter should be on the show. So Daniel can bring back Heather with him.

Victoria used to have a bit of a bite to her but the writers have tied her too much Victor and the constant need for his approval.

Brad -,Colleen is barely mentioned so I am good with Brad being an after thought. And I think the writers have already overdone the comments ; Abby the step sister to Nick and Vikki.

JT is as wrapped up too quickly to fix (IMHO) the ridiculous abuse story. I would like to see JT back and his head injury / personality issue closed.
    Last edited by DallasGal; July 30, 2020, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Don Diamont won't be coming back to Y&R. They should
      mention Brad, but there is no angst currently. Victoria has her father's ruthless steak, so they got that right. No to Sharon's
      mother coming back. Kill her off and have her write a letter apologizing for how she treated Sharon after Cassie's death, and maybe tell Sharon who her father is.

i agree the winters need a shot in the arm with Kristoff gone. Maybe they should try another recast of Malcolm. I do agree that i have grown to like Dru, but Victoria Rowell set those bridges on fire and watched them fall. They brought her on as a tribute to Kristoff and that was big of them to do that.

Comment

No back from the dead characters, so that leaves John Abbott off the list. Brad, too. Now Drucilla is another situation because, as with Adam's "death" in the cabin explosion, her body was never found. The "no body" deaths can be more plausibly reversed on a soap.

And these classic episodes sure showed us how much YR needs more members of the Winters-Barber family back in Genoa City. But, like DallasGal said, I don't see why Dru (or Olivia) would have any serious issues with Amanda. Amanda is definitely NOT Hilary and is very little like her.

Hilary was the one that Dru would have ripped a wide strip off - and rightly so!!!! One of the things I didn't like about Hilary was how she took a wrecking ball to the Winters family. But that potential story died on Hilary's hospital bed (another death that shouldn't be reversed).

Maybe - just maybe - I could see Dru questioning - for a minute - how Elena became such an important part of Devon's life.

However, I don't see that sticking either because Elena has shown how devoted she is to Devon, including her willingness to stand by him without his fortune and through all of his emotional downs (and he had a lot of those in 2019!) As for Olivia, I expect Olivia would LOVE Elena - the dedicated young doctor who is focused on helping others. In fact, I could see Olivia volunteering for shifts in the New Hope Clinic!!

After watching these classic episodes, the rarely-used vet I want to see more often is Michael Baldwin - just to watch the talented Christian LeBlanc featured more on the YR screen. I'd also like to see Phyllis's son on YR. It would be interesting to see her with a :child who is in Lily and Devon's age group.

Now there's a thought - Danny and Lily could be free to renew their teenage love story - creating another viable Winters family story.

Comment

Originally posted by caitie View Post
          After watching these classic episodes, the rarely-used vet I want to see more often is Michael Baldwin - just to watch the talented Christian LeBlanc featured more on the YR screen. I'd also like to see Phyllis's son on YR. It would be interesting to see her with a :child who is in Lily and Devon's age group.

Now there's a thought - Danny and Lily could be free to renew their teenage love story - creating another viable Winters family story.
          I could be wrong but it feels like the show loses some characters because the writers are so enamored with the actor. Daniel is one of those characters that I feel fits that description. Please don't get me wrong, I think MG was / is fantastic in the role of Daniel but it is quite obvious now that his career is not in daytime. And, while he might (only speculating for the argument) be open to return for a show or two, making a commitment doesn't seem in the cards. Daniel was shipped off because MG wanted to move on (I don't blame him) but Daniel could be used on the show. It would be nice to see Summer have a brother that she can confide in. And, as you mentioned there is Lily. Daniel and Lily tried to rekindle their relationship when she was on the outs with Cane (or maybe that was when he was thought to be dead, I don't recall) but I think that was just to springboard Cane and Lily back together.

I would like to know why Scott Granger never took off either and was gone before the audience had a real chance to get to know him.

Comment

• caitie
            caitie commented
            Editing a comment
            Good point about MG. However, a good recast for Daniel could certainly add story for several characters.

I agree about Scott Granger - I liked him and I also liked having Lauren's son on the canvas - Lauren & Michael's stories would be enriched by having one or both of their sons on the canvas. One of my pet YR peeves is that, currently, there are only two viable families - the Newmans and the Abbotts - with the Newmans everywhere all the time!!!

• Forever Fan
            Forever Fan commented
            Editing a comment
            I enjoyed the Newmans more during the 1990-2005 era when they were among several core families being featured. As we saw with the classics, even when the Newmans had lead stories, there were always interesting secondary plots involving the Abbotts, Winters, Chancellors, Williams and Baldwin families.

I agree that it's crazy how there's virtually no trace of Brad or that he ever existed on the show considering how big of a character he was. Killing off Colleen and having Abby go full Newman made sure of that. If Abby has a son (with Chance or whoever), she should name him Bradley or Carlton in his honour..

Comment

• WalnutGirl
            WalnutGirl commented
            Editing a comment
            True, Brad and Abby were very close when she was a child. That would be sweet if she named her son after him in some way.

Elena/Tessa/Chance/Rey/Lola/Nate are basically playing the GF/BF of thier screen partner. They are not major players. YR needs to write for all characters.

Comment

Doug Davidson had huge parts! He must be brought back! More Michael too!

Comment

I wouldn't mind Daniel, Heather or Fen returning for good. Or Olivia popping in every once in a while to check in on her son. But YR needs to focus on the cast it has.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterio View Post
                Elena/Tessa/Chance/Rey/Lola/Nate are basically playing the GF/BF of thier screen partner. They are not major players. YR needs to write for all characters.
                Yes, there are definitely characters already on the YR canvas who have unrealized potential and really need to be written for before. This can be done - and we might even be able to enjoy a few good returns - IF there is less focus on writing so much repetitive material for some characters - and so little material for others. Balanced writing is a key that sometimes appears to have been lost.
                Last edited by caitie; August 2, 2020, 08:22 AM.

Comment

KSJ has been dead for over a year.
                  As great as his playing Neil, it’s time
                  to move forward. I’m sorry if that
                  offends viewers, but I believe he
                  would want Y&R to move on. If Devon
                  cant handle being the Winters head
                  of family, then write a new story arc.

The great thing about soaps is that the
                  show must go on, regardless of actors
                  dying, leaving for another show, or
                  getting fired.

Comment

• xoregonian
                    xoregonian commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The scent could be called "A Fresh Winter's Day". lol

• tigerfan1303
                    tigerfan1303 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I like it!! Great story ideas

• Forever Fan
                    Forever Fan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A Fresh Winter's Day - I like that. And thank you TigerFan.

Forever Fan Totally agree. And I’m sorry but after almost 30 years of KSJ as Neil on our screens just forgetting about him seems cruel. He’s been the only constant of the Winters family & I don’t wanna forget him. Same goes for Jeanie Cooper

Comment

• Forever Fan
                    Forever Fan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No one will, or should, forget Neil and Katherine. And both were beloved by the cast and fans.

Originally posted by mikeylaurenfan View Post
                  I miss so many people & so many things

Is anyone else watching the classics & wishing the show was like that now? There have been so many missed opportunities with characters and storylines.

Brad was a HUGE part of the show until he wasn’t. Now he barely gets a mention & Abby acts like Victor has always been her father. Where’s the angst?

Victoria & Nikki are besties now? Regardless of who is playing Victoria the writing was so much better when Victoria was ruthless & sticking her nose where it didn’t belong especially in her mother’s life

We need the Winters now more than ever. Especially now that Kristoff has passed. Having Devon & Lily make the occasional reference isn’t enough. Give me Dru & Olivia ASAP I wanna see them give Amanda hell.

Paul & Cricket. I miss them period. Find something for them to do. Where’s Heather? Is Ricky really dead? Can Nina come back too.

John Abbott should still be here I’d love to see Gloria vs Mamie

Sharon’s father the one avenue that was never explored. Maybe Doris could come back to support her girl through cancer & that could open up a new story

Just a few thoughts...
                  Yes! I wish it were that way again with the veteran actors. The show just doesn't feel like the show anymore without the history.

Comment

I never said TPTB should
                    forget about Neil. I jusr
                    said that continuing to
                    rely on dead actors for
                    storylines isn’t going to
                    hold young viewers attention.

Now Katharine is totalky
                    different because her legacy
                    and descendants are a huge
                    part of GC.

Comment

• bronxgal
                      bronxgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I disagree regarding Neil. Neil is a character that the younger generation of viewers is more invested in. The Winters popularity started when the show hit number one and is a huge reason why it grew in audience. Neil also has descendants on screen including Devon who is related to both Katherine and Neil.

Katherine doesn’t have any other descendants on screen. Her legacy is mainly Jill who is not on screen and the company that carries her name. That company is now partially run by an Abbott and a Winters.

bronxgal

what about Chance?
                    What about Devon?
                    What about the Park?

Lets see where the new
                    episodes take us. Hopefully,
                    these four months will
                    provide some fresh story
                    arcs and wind up some
                    blank ones.

Comment

• bronxgal
                      bronxgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Chance is Jill’s grandson, and pretty much connected to Katherine by name only.

Devon is her only blood relative on canvas. Brock never had kids to my knowledge.

And yes, the park is a nice memorial to her.

• Benny Maths
                      Benny Maths commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Brock found out in 1999 that he had a daughter: Mackenzie Browning.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X