Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cassie dying, so sad, such raw emotion, I cried like a baby....

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cassie dying, so sad, such raw emotion, I cried like a baby....

Wednesday US episode of Cassie dying, it broke my Shick loving heart. There was so much emotion, and even when it looked like Sharon knew and maybe accepted Cassie was going to die, she still looked in horror and surprise, and shock when Cassie flatlined. And Nick singing, oh my, so sad, I cried crocodile tears. When Nikki said you are my shining star, oh I lost it. And when they played the clips of cassie of her hugging Nikki and Victor, of her giving the picture to Shick, of her growing up, and then the theme song, all I have to say is that was powerful stuff.

Really one of the most realistic things they do on soaps, show the breakdown of a marriage when their is a loss of a child. I am not saying it was right what Nick did, but even a strong marriage, even a 10 year marriage, even a marriage that had a lot of ups and downs and so much love, it sometimes cannot make it thru that. This was such a beautiful time on Y&R.

Then they really went and ruined it with all the stuff after. Its like there is Y&R pre Cassie dying, Shick pre cassie dying, then there's now and if Cassie was alive or came back, she would be in utter horror and shock. I wish TPTB could have watched some of these classics and watch Cassie die and rethink Sharon's storyline and see Shick should be brought back for real this time.

I'd never watched it before because I knew it was so sad. When Cassie died my daughter was around four years old; too scary for me. Soooo ... I tortured myself and watched it last night. Big mistake. Of course, my daughter is leaving for college tomorrow. All I could think of was what if she gets in accident. I don't know why I do this to myself.

That was easily the saddest thing I've ever seen on soaps.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
      Rubythroat1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. Could never watch that again.

Another one that is equally as sad and emotional is Deliah's death. Personally, I think Deedee death is more raw emotion then Cassie's. Awesome acting for all

Comment

• fracabell
      fracabell commented
      Editing a comment
      yes this was great acting all around, BM is so good, he is hot, and sexy, and can still do raw, emotional, anger, sad scenes I wish he would come back to Y&R although I do love Jason Thompson. EH is a PHENOMINAL actress too, she plays funny, witty, silly, mad, anger, and sadness so good. I was not always a fan of Chloe, but EH is just a joy to watch. Little deedee dying just destroyed Billy.

I was anxious to see if Cassie’s death affected me in the same way 15 years later. It absolutely did. Delia’s death was sad but it didn’t affect me in the same way probably because I didn’t “ know” Delia like I knew Cassie with the adoption story and all. And Camryn is a much stronger and convincing actress than Sophie. I mean Camryn had an Emmy at age 10!
    And also probably most of all, because Nick and Sharon mean more to me than Billy and Chloe.

It it also reminded me how soap writing in general has gone downhill over the last 15 years. Just my opinion...
    Last edited by carolinakid; July 30, 2020, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• jett626
      jett626 commented
      Editing a comment
      1st time I have seen Cassie's death. WOW Very Powerful Scene, knew it would be sad but it broke my heart. Then Friday they had Victor seeing his dad. Another WOW so much pain for Victor. The acting has been Outstanding and So Moving. Lot of crying this week. Y&R Rocked It Back Then. Wish Present Day Was Half as Good as it was back then. The writers have wrecked and done away with so many good characters. Bill Bell Knew How To Tell a Story.
      You really appreciate his talent when you see these old stories

• carolinakid
      carolinakid commented
      Editing a comment
      Jett, I absolutely love your post!👍

Originally posted by carolinakid View Post
    I was anxious to see if Cassie’s death affected me in the same way 15 years later. It absolutely did. Delia’s death was sad but it didn’t affect me in the same way probably because I didn’t “ know” Delia like I knew Cassie with the adoption story and all. And Camryn is a much stronger and convincing actress than Sophie. I mean Camryn had an Emmy before age 10!
    And also probably most of all, because Nick and Sharon mean more to me than Billy and Chloe.

It it also reminded me how soap writing in general has gone downhill over the last 15 years. Just my opinion...
    you are so right about the writing going downhill. Bill Bell would be ashamed of this show.

Comment

I hated when Cassie was killed of but man Sharon ' Josh and Grimes all should all have had grammy's in that scene!

Comment

you are so right about how even the strongest marriages can't survive the death of a child. The story played out so well. I think that Summer ruined the storyline. It would have been so much better without the addition of Summer. I remember when Cassie first died and before Daniel went on the run. The Shick scenes were so sad, awkward, uncomfortable. They fought. Nick felt guilty because he wanted her to go to this party. Sharon blamed Nick because she didn't want Cassie to go in the first place. I believe that one of the reasons why Nick went so hard to go after Daniel was because he was making up for what he felt was his failure as a father. Those scenes were heart wrenching. Then just as it seems that they were putting the pieces back together, Daniel runs off and Nick follows. Sharon is left to mourn by herself. Nick is mourning by himself. Ugh. Wonderful storytelling.

Comment

I was unspoiled when I watched the "Cassie Dying" episode in 2005. As others posted before me, I think I was most affected by Cassie dying because I watched tiny little girl, Cassie when she first appeared on screen, and her whole s/l with her neglectful adoptive mother and her grandmother, Millie and how this tiny little girl was at the end reunited with her biological mother, Sharon, and was legally adopted by Nick and so Cassie became a Newman and how she just won over everyone's heart and thus when she died, broke everyones, hearts. I think Cassie practically grew up from the tiny little girl to a teen on screen also and that basically felt like a family member dying when they wrote Cassie dying. Gosh....that was 2005, 15 years ago. My how time flies. I guess time does heal even in TV Land also because I managed to rewatch it and since this time I was spoiled 15 years ago...ha...ha....I managed to see it again, but this time, I saw it again while still sad, but enjoyed it for the other aspects, the loving Newman family with Victor at the helm and how he protected and gave his support to everyone. I really enjoyed seeing the whole episode again and I especially enjoyed Nikki talking to Cassie, about the star, as Cassie is passing. At the end, Nick and Sharon's embracing Cassie was something else, as the screen was closing. Looking forward to more reruns from, the further in the past, the better.

Comment

I love that storyline and it was great storyline for Sharon and Nick, to be honest I am sure I didn’t manage either to watch the episode on his first run, I couldn’t believe it... I was expecting so much they would keep her alive ...very rare they killed child on soap ... so yeah , it touched me deeply and I can understand the reason this scene impacted so many viewers ...

Comment

ow many that watched yesterday thought, maybe it doesn't happen? Maybe she doesn't die? I mean we know she does, but when I sat down with my tissues to watch, I even said outloud, "this wont happen, she wont die

Comment

Nobody gets to me more than Josh Morrow when he cries he is so gripping and raw and I'm not a crier when it comes to shows but when he's doing his scenes he gets me going Josh and Eric Braden both are so good and grab my heart strings when they cry especially when they do scenes together omg.

Comment

I've seen the scene where she dies, but still putting off watching the whole episode. I know I'm going to cry so much. OP I agree, I've seen a lot of 48 Hours, Dateline NBC, 20/20 shows and a lot of times when a child dies, the parents don't stay together. Very sad, but also realistic. I had read a few weeks ago in a thread that Cassie died young and was still innocent/hadn't done anything bad in her life. I agree with that poster's assessment. Unfortunately, I feel like if Cassie hadn't had that crush on Daniel, she wouldn't have tried to drive to impress him.
                  Last edited by soapgirl9; July 30, 2020, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Yes it was emotional. The only thing that annoyed me was the score that played over Nick singing to Cassie. It was much more effective with his voice being the only thing that was heard. I had the episode on tape & watched it repeatedly when it first aired so I was caught off guard knowing that part was changed

Comment

Just watched it. After Nick sang "Lullaby and Goonight" he said "good night, Cassie". His voice breaking as he sang was so touching. Also sad with Sharon looking shocked at the monitor and laying over Cassie's body. Pretty sure Cassie was trying to say the accident wasn't Daniel's fault. There is a clip on YT where Camryn talks about this being her last scene and everyone on set was crying. She was even crying and said if you look close, you can see under her eyes that they were wet from crying.
                      Last edited by soapgirl9; July 30, 2020, 09:03 PM.

Comment

I remember back then I didn't really follow spoilers so when Cassie was in the hospital I was just thinking that she'll recover. I was in so much shock when she flatlined I actually cried. I'm glad we at least got Camryn back on the show as Mariah. I kinda wish they just put Cassie in a coma and had her shipped off somewhere only to return years later.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X