Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Victor and Nikki approve any of Victoria or Nick's marriages?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Victor and Nikki approve any of Victoria or Nick's marriages?

Looking back, watching these older episodes made me to think that Victor and Nikki never really approved any of Victoria or Nicholas' relationships, did they? Am I forgetting anyone that they approved?

This is a good question and one that I hadn't thought about, so I might be posting/thinking out loud

Ryan - First love, older and an employee of NE. Victor didn't like him.
    Cole - Slept with Nikki first and for a second he thought that Victor was his father but I don't recall Victor hating him. If he did, he had ample reason for Nikki alone.
    Brad - He had mixed feelings there. Sometimes they liked Brad, sometimes they didn't
    JT - JT began as an affair so I can understand hesitation from her parents.
    Billy - Trainwreck

I know that there are others, but I would say that Vicki hasn't made the best choices. My personal favorite was Ryan because I loved how their story was written, but I can understand why overprotective parents wouldn't like their young daughter with an older man.

I know this doesn't include Nick's relationships, but I have to think about that one some more. I think that outside of Sharon, he made some bad choices too. The only one that hated Sharon was Nikki.

Comment

• littleliz
      littleliz commented
      Editing a comment
      OMG Cole and Nikki? I would have paid to see that episode. Didn't know that one.

• BrAk5742
      BrAk5742 commented
      Editing a comment
      At one point Nikki had a relationship with Brad, too.

• WalnutGirl
      WalnutGirl commented
      Editing a comment
      I think one of her best marriages was with Cole, but both messed up. She was only 15 when she eloped with Ryan, way too young. What parent would be thrilled about that? Nick was young as well, but at least he and Sharon were in college.

I was sad when Ryan was killed, I was rooting for him and Vicki to have a second chance since she was older and wiser. Considering Brad was her stepdad once, he and Vicki's marriage was a little iffy to me.
      Last edited by WalnutGirl; August 4, 2020, 07:12 PM.

As far as I can remember, no, they have never approved of any of them. Like thecourt99 stated with Victoria, they had reason not to approve of any of hers, but I can't remember them approving of any of Nick's either. Classic soap trope. I liked Ryan for Victoria and Sharon for Nick. Haven't really cared for the rest.

Comment

Didn’t they like Sage & Avery?

Comment

• Smithey
        Smithey commented
        Editing a comment
        Wasn't watching. I like Avery, but Nick and Avery became stale fast. I stopped watching and didn't come back until Mal Young.

• fracabell
        fracabell commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe they liked Sage and Avery cause this was after Nicks' great love story with Sharon and after the ill fated married to Phyllis, so Nictor were ELATED to see Nick with someone other than those 2 women. Nick had just been with Sharon when Sage was there, so Nictor were SO HAPPY Nick didn't go back with Sharon and Sage was the one. Wasn't Avery Victor's lawyer too?

Now Chelsea not sure they ever liked her probably cause she was tied to Billy Boy. and Adam.

• ncposton
        ncposton commented
        Editing a comment
        I think Sage was just "there." No disrespect to the actress, but the character, IMO, was pretty bland so Victor and Nikki didn't think much about her one way or another.

Victoria - Billy and JT were hated the most by Victor.

Nick - Sharon was appreciated by Victor, until the Ranch burn and Newman Enterprises takeover. Nikki wanted Amy instead of Sharon for Nick.

Nikki hated Phyllis 'cause she stood her ground where she was concerned and she never let her talk down to her - she fought back. With Sharon, she always knew how to push her buttons and she'd always come back to throw the stripper insult in her face.

Sharon should've hit her where it hurts - serial killing lush. That would've been gold on the writers' part. She brought up Nikki giving Dylan up and almost got hit with a vase.

If she can dish it out to Sharon for over 20 years, then she should be able to take it when it's thrown right back in her face.

She tolerated Avery, Sage didn't get the Evil Mother-in-Law treatment, and neither did Chelsea, until she came back to town, suddenly married, yet they invited her to their epic family dinners. Bet if Sharon were with Nick, everyone would be putting on their fake faces, just to please him.

He already knows how his family feels about her, and 25 years later, he hasn't caved, no matter how many times her sins are thrown in his face. He's been pissed at her, treated her like crap and she vice versa. And they're still civil after all of it.

Nikki also has plenty of reasons to hate Billy. The big one being that his gambling almost got Victoria killed. For Victor it's the constant infidelities and screwups, yet he arranged for Chelsea to come in-between her marriage.

I still hate the way he was treated at the hospital. There was no affair between he and Amanda, that's what the viewers know, but for Victor staging an affair would get Billy out of his daughter's orbit.

Billy's the male version of Sharon. Immediate hatred for him as soon as he came in contact with his daughter. Victoria defending him to him and him forbidding her to have any contact with him and in return she rebeled against him.

Just like when Nick first laid eyes on Sharon back in '94.
      Last edited by YoungandBold91; July 27, 2020, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Nancy T
        Nancy T commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the real reason why victor hated Billy is because he is jacks brother.

Originally posted by thecourt99 View Post
      This is a good question and one that I hadn't thought about, so I might be posting/thinking out loud

Ryan - First love, older and an employee of NE. Victor didn't like him.
      Cole - Slept with Nikki first and for a second he thought that Victor was his father but I don't recall Victor hating him. If he did, he had ample reason for Nikki alone.
      Brad - He had mixed feelings there. Sometimes they liked Brad, sometimes they didn't
      JT - JT began as an affair so I can understand hesitation from her parents.
      Billy - Trainwreck
      Watching videos of her with the guys, and reading up on Victoria, I hate Ryan, Cole, Brad, Michael, and JT for Victoria. The only guys I liked her with is Billy and Ben.
      Last edited by sonyab1974; July 27, 2020, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• thecourt99
        thecourt99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I can understand hating Ryan. I'm a sucker for a true young love story. Ryan and Victoria were so cute before Nina lured him with sex because Victoria wasn't ready. Ryan was horrible for allowing himself to be lured. I just recall the early days and it was so cute...plus I had a crush on the actor that played Ryan. It's one of the reasons why I am still a Shick fan. The memories of how their story unfolded will never go away. There was a purity within their youth. Same with Mac and JT.

• fracabell
        fracabell commented
        Editing a comment
        thecourt99 I so had a crush on Ryan Mcneil too, seeing him the other day, I mean he is hot. I LOVE the episodes after he and Vicki were married and Vicki became more experienced. They would flirt. The pool episode, oh they were hot. when Vicki was sleeping and Cole came home and all she kept thinking of was ryan seeing her in the pool. Cole asking her how she got back to the house with no suit on too. I HATED Ryan with Tricia. always wish Ryan and Vicki got to be together longer.

The only ones I know that Niktor both liked, approved and had at family gatherings were Avery for Nick & Travis for Victoria. I think they approved of Neil when he was with Victoria. Their next pairings I'd like to see the change and Niktor accept them.

I want Victoria with an actual MAN enough of the boy toys who cannot handle her being a strong female. I want her with a strong, secure guy but who has an edge to him. Make him a guy from another corporation and their foreplay is in the boardroom.

Nick I think needs to remain sole for a little way. Let's see him get back in the politics and truly make a path for himself with the for the city and charities. Even though I do think it was a mistake to break up Shick and not have the cancer storyline for the coupling to see their family brought together and fight.

Comment

• ncposton
        ncposton commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with you 100% about Victoria finding a man who can handle her being a strong female. I love Victoria as powerful woman who doesn't suffer fools gladly, and she deserves a man who accepts her for who she is.

• YoungandBold91
        YoungandBold91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Victoria chose Daddy over two of the men she was with. What man would be able to handle that? Especially since once he screws her over he'll be run out of town with either a big paycheck or empty threats from him. IMO that doesn't make her a strong woman.

Anybody better not dare mess with Victor Newman, or they'll be forever engraved on his chit list.

It seems from the episode the other day they liked Cole. at least it seemed. did they like JT (pre when he abused Vicki)? I always loved Victor's friendship with Brad back in the day, Victor was Brad's best man when he married Tracy. I know they never liked Ryan cause he and Vicki were so young when they married. And ryan was a playboy.

I don't know, didn't they like Sage? I think they were happy about Sage cause Nick wasn't with Sharon. Didn't they like Avery too? I feel they liked the women Nick was with when it wasn't Phyllis or Sharon. although it did seem there were a lot of good days with the Newmans and Sharon when Shick were married. They may not have wanted Sharon for Nick in the beginning, well at least Nikki, but when Cassie came along, she really brought the family together and even Nikki was nice to Sharon.

Comment

"thecourt99 commented I can understand hating Ryan."

Oh I don't hate Ryan. I just didn't like him with Victoria.

"I'm a sucker for a true young love story."

Me too!

"Ryan and Victoria were so cute before Nina lured him with sex"

ROFL! Nina had that kind of power eh? Hmmm I guess she would have since Victoria had sex problems.

Comment

• thecourt99
          thecourt99 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not sure if you watch B&B, but it was sort of like how the Hope/Liam/Steffy triangle began. Victoria was uncomfortable with sex and Nina knew that, so she used the thing that she knew Ryan wanted and wasn't getting. Also, can't forget that Ryan was an older guy and Victoria was still trying to find herself. Nina put herself on a plate and Ryan went in her direction.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
      Working...
      X