Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7/22/23 show: 3/12/93. Loved creepy Michael, nice Jill, Dru/Neil wedding. Kay was odd

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/22/23 show: 3/12/93. Loved creepy Michael, nice Jill, Dru/Neil wedding. Kay was odd

Dru and Neil's wedding was great!!! At first I thought Katherine was acting strange and that she was really Marge. Really unlike Jill to be all sweet, nice, and happy! ROFL! She is pregnant right? WOW MICHAEL!!! Very creepy with the roller coaster screaming in his head, but he looked so HAWT with the beard, messy long hair, all sweaty chest, and open shirt.. I just want to jump him!! So 3 and a half hours to go to the plane to go to the honeymoon? Shouldn't they be going to the airport early? Hahahaha!
    Last edited by ncposton; July 23, 2020, 11:38 AM.

Loved loved loved creepy Michael LOL! First time I've seen that episode...I started mostly watching when he first came out of jail and was still baddish but on the way to being reformed.

Comment

They didn't need to worry about getting to flights hours early in the 90s. Just get there before takeoff time and you're all set. You could even buy tickets for flights the same day as the flight. That would never happen now. Can't even have someone walk you to the gate now- I think the last time I was walked to the gate at an airport was a few weeks before 9/11.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeIsDaMan View Post
        Loved loved loved creepy Michael LOL!
        Hahahahaha. Yeah he was so determined to get to Cricket! Then he was so happy when he finally got through to the wall!!!

I started mostly watching when he first came out of jail and was still baddish but on the way to being reformed.
        Cool! I bet you were so confused and wondering back then why he was in jail!
        Last edited by sonyab1974; July 22, 2020, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• LukeIsDaMan
          LukeIsDaMan commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL! Yup...read a lot of recaps/history haha! I've always read about Michael breaking through the wall...pretty cool to see the actual episode.

Originally posted by soapgirl9 View Post
        They didn't need to worry about getting to flights hours early in the 90s. Just get there before takeoff time and you're all set.
        Really!?!?!!? Why the change?

I think the last time I was walked to the gate at an airport was a few weeks before 9/11.
        Yikes!!

Comment

• thecourt99
          thecourt99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea...9/11 changed a lot about the traveling experience. I remember so many movies were made about running through the airport to greet the one you love at the gate, or sitting at the gate and watching the plane leave. Now they are dropped off at the door.

• soapgirl9
          soapgirl9 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was just thinking about the movie Home Alone. They barely made it on their flight on time because of their power going out and over-sleeping. Now with all the security, there's no way they would've been able to make that plane.

• DallasGal
          DallasGal commented
          Editing a comment
          A person can get a special pass from the airline to be allowed in the gate area. A couple of years ago, my parents flew non-stop to Dallas when they were in their 80’s so we requested to be at the gate for their arrival and departure. My sister put them on the plane and I picked them up —- no issues with American Airlines they were very accommodating. If you have a valid reason then you can get to the gate area.

I got mostly interrupted by my governor during today's show, but I did see the end. It was so odd watching Michael lose it on the walls. What a strange thing to know he had done in the past. Plus the filming was so dark I could barely see him. A lot of these older shows are so dark, even the people are darker!

Comment

• xoregonian
          xoregonian commented
          Editing a comment
          You're right. The Grand Phoenix looks ridiculous with that hideous pink billiard table right in the lobby.

• DallasGal
          DallasGal commented
          Editing a comment
          The shows weren’t filmed in Hi Def in those days so maybe that is why it looked darker compared to today’s sets.

• RestlessFan
          RestlessFan commented
          Editing a comment
          I still have a regular TV (not at all high definition, but still a Sony TV from around 2005) with a X-finity cable hookup. I pay for middle of the grade cable subscription without hi definition channels. I do have flat screen TV's also. I do have 2 flat screens TV's, too, in different rooms. One of the flat screen has way better resolution than the other (guess this one needs subscription to hi definition in order to work at its best, in fact my regular TV (not flat screen, aforementioned) has better reception, it seems. Cable subscription cost is already very high and if high definition channels were added, who knows how much more it will be, guessing another $20-30 added monthly. So, high definition is not available even in this day and age and you can still enjoy shows, movies, etc. in darker tones. As a matter of fact, movie makers even make movies in dark tones even after high definition TV's were invented.

Was hoping to see Michael Baldwin's crazy moment breaking through the wall. Hard to reconcile the original dark Michael Baldwin with today's character. But the evolution of the character took place over years. Of course no one with Michael's past could become DA, but this is a soap.

Comment

• thecourt99
          thecourt99 commented
          Editing a comment
          This is exactly why Michael is one of my favorite characters. The writing took great pains (and some scheduling luck) to ensure that his character was rehabbed. He went to jail. He lost his license. A good amount of time passed where he wasn't on screen (the actor had left the show for a while). When CLB returned to the show and Michael returned on screen, he was actually shown to have grown and changed. We saw him work to regain trust. We saw him work to regain his license. It occurred over years and was so compelling that I was cheering once he was welcomed back into society. The depth of stories that came from that craziness will never be repeated again. The writers don't have the range, the viewers don't have the patience, and I doubt the actors could take a 6 mo to a year break from the show while the character is in jail.

• stillrestless
          stillrestless commented
          Editing a comment
          Michael was always so interesting and watching his character develop & reform through the years has kept me tuned in. Bill Bell usually had definite plans for how his characters would develop. He would gradually give clues to their family history & their past so you could understand their motivations & what "made them tick". Many writers nowadays just decide the character is going to go in a different direction & they completely change them, not over years like previously done, but practically overnight. It gives us viewers whiplash when a character is changed that fast!

Originally posted by Forever Fan View Post
        But the evolution of the character took place over years.
        I love that!!!! That it took years and not days.

Of course no one with Michael's past could become DA, but this is a soap.
        True!!

Comment

I love this episode and most of these classic episodes! After seeing Michael like this, I wish now that they had left Michael as a grey character. Much more interesting.

Comment

I am kind of loyally married to the current version of Michael Baldwin, to even enjoy the scenes of sweaty and ruthless pervert trying to
            dig like a coal miner into Christine's domain. It was more farce than thrill.

Comment

Haha! Sharon gets the best of stuffy old fashioned Jack and Phyllis gets shocked by the designer guy calling Sharon's tip on Katy Perry's dress as
              " genius" !

Comment

• Nancy T
                Nancy T commented
                Editing a comment
                That must have drove Phyllis up the wall.

• Rubythroat1
                Rubythroat1 commented
                Editing a comment
                I just realized this should have been posted on Wardrobes etc! Oh well......

Phyllis wasn’t irritated that Sharon’s idea was accepted by the KO manager. She was frustrated with Jack.

Comment

That had to be the oddest thing about today's repeat: Sharon, Phyllis, Jack and Nick all working together at that magazine. How bizarre that they would be civil with each other after all that had gone on between them all (and had yet to happen between them).

Comment

• tigerfan1303
                  tigerfan1303 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree, I was thinking the same thing. I forgot that Sharon and Jack were an item

• thecourt99
                  thecourt99 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Based on the conversations on the boards while this storyline was airing, many of us felt the same then. Restless Style wasn't the best storyline, nor did it make much sense.

Originally posted by LukeIsDaMan View Post
                Loved loved loved creepy Michael LOL! First time I've seen that episode...
                Many of these episodes have been long before my time. But I have enjoyed them. I knew Michael was supposed to be really bad at one point but I don’t know any of the details. I know there’s somewhere you can read the rest of the story (like this bad Michael story) anybody know where that is?

Comment

Originally posted by stopthefall View Post

Many of these episodes have been long before my time. But I have enjoyed them. I knew Michael was supposed to be really bad at one point but I don’t know any of the details. I know there’s somewhere you can read the rest of the story (like this bad Michael story) anybody know where that is?
                  Well, there is Michael's who's who.

https://www.soapcentral.com/yr/whoswho/michael.php

LukeIsDaMan commented LOL! Yup...

read a lot of recaps/history haha! I've always read about Michael breaking through the wall...pretty cool to see the actual episode.
                  Yeah so have I! reading it is one thing, but actually seeing it, yeah wow!!!
                  Last edited by sonyab1974; July 24, 2020, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• stopthefall
                    stopthefall commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks sonyab1974!

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X