• Show
Clear All

• Rubythroat1
    commented on 's reply
    No watch zone, for me.

• pink
    replied
    Originally posted by DepecheMode_Fan View Post
    These theme weeks have been mainly episodes from the show's classic era (1980s-mid 2000s). There have been exceptions (like the one with JT and Victoria's wedding), but they've stuck with airing classics for the most part. As popular as Adam is, he didn't begin to feature as an adult until 2008, so he wasn't there during those classic years, and I'd rather they limit the number of episodes past 2006. Maybe they could have shown the episode of his birth, but there are only 5 days in the week, and the episodes chosen better showcase the Newman family.
    Adam got featured with Hope in the Emmy themed week for Eric's win. Which actually was not the right episode he won for. And he's been shown in some other episodes too. Newman week like you said is really showcasing the original foursome that truly created the family. A family that had been on almost 30 years BEFORE Adam and Abby became featured players on canvas.

Leave a comment:

• DepecheMode_Fan
    replied
    These theme weeks have been mainly episodes from the show's classic era (1980s-mid 2000s). There have been exceptions (like the one with JT and Victoria's wedding), but they've stuck with airing classics for the most part. As popular as Adam is, he didn't begin to feature as an adult until 2008, so he wasn't there during those classic years, and I'd rather they limit the number of episodes past 2006. Maybe they could have shown the episode of his birth, but there are only 5 days in the week, and the episodes chosen better showcase the Newman family.

Leave a comment:

• TwoOfEach
    replied
    Excluding Adam from the Newman family week is wrong; he is still a Newman. They could have shown Adam's birth or him finding out Victor was his dad.

It doesn't really matter though. I have a feeling that the classic episodes are done after next Friday, and that there will be plenty of Adam to make up for getting only 2 adult Adam and one baby Adam episodes all summer. I am ready for new stories.

Leave a comment:

• pink
    replied
    The Newman week is on the original Newman four. Just saw the promo and it's Victor, Nikki, Victoria and Nick. Abby is not really focused other than just one/two scenes of when she tells Victor she over heard Ashley on the Tuesday episode, while the rest of it is focused on Niktor and the fall out.

Leave a comment:

• fracabell
    replied
    Originally posted by mariem202 View Post
    How do you have a Newman week without any Adam? He definitely has a lot more fans than Abby, who is featured there. Love him or hate him, Adam is one of the most buzzed about characters on this show. Yet, he was only featured three times during those classic episodes. Really weird for a character with a long history on the show, a character whose had three actors nominated for Emmys.
    yeah while I am not always an adam fan, he is a Newman. they could have played when Adam took the bullet for dear ol dad, that was a good episode. I feel they went to far with Adam having him kill delia. that didn't need to happen. Adam is the bad seed of the Newman's we already know that but did he have to run over a child????

Leave a comment:

• stopthefall
    replied
    Originally posted by Dylans_Girl View Post
    Why are they showing Victoria marrying J.T. when he beat her? I don't want to see that again!
    Well because that whole he’s a wife beater is a new development they added on for story I guess.Not the JT I ever saw so I didn’t really like or believe that story needless to say.

Leave a comment:

• guichard
    replied
    Originally posted by mariem202 View Post
    How do you have a Newman week without any Adam? He definitely has a lot more fans than Abby, who is featured there. Love him or hate him, Adam is one of the most buzzed about characters on this show. Yet, he was only featured three times during those classic episodes. Really weird for a character with a long history on the show, a character whose had three actors nominated for Emmys.
    You can't say their choices have always made sense (e.g Thursday episode as fan favorite). At the same time, we have seen a lot of Adam during the classic

Leave a comment:

• thecourt99
    commented on 's reply
    I am not sure how one can determine who has the most fans, but the reality is that they are showing classic episodes, and this particular week seems to show a theme of the family unity and love. Adam has been shown in other classics as a child, but for the most part, he didn't spend those years on the show. They've even showed Hope in the classic episodes. When Adam returned as an adult, there weren't many scenes or storylines about family togetherness there...and then they are more recent. With all of these classic episodes, there have only been a handful that were more recent. That said, the storyline about Victor finding out that Abby was his daughter was a great storyline that actually played out on screen. I also love that they are showing HT's Victoria storylines because I was a fan of the Victoria/Cole and Victoria/Ryan years myself. So really, it's about the classics, and Adam wasn't really on the show in those years.

• WorldTurner
    commented on 's reply
    Not really weird due to the actor changes. They avoided showing Billy Miller too. The bigger episode for Victoria would be with Billy but they are skipping that and they had a ton of fans. I doubt they would want to show anyone but MG in the role and then they would get complaints it was not a classic episode.

• fracabell
    replied
    Well I am tickled pink some of the Newman episodes will also have the Shick family!!! will be prepared to ball my eyes out when Cassie dies. So sad. But happy I get a few episodes of the shick happy family.

Leave a comment:

• mariem202
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RestlessFan
    commented on 's reply
    I saw an episode with Cole and Victoria (H.T.) trying to mend their relationship by going out to eat in public and some man recognizes Victoria from the cover of the magazine and his remark makes Cole very angry at the man and he reacts and makes a scene. Cole and Victoria gets home and he is so mad at Victoria for posing for a mens' magazine and Victoria regrets it and tries to make Cole forgive her, but he leaves to cool off by himself in the stables. Eddie Peck (Cole Howard) and H.T.'s Victoria was one of my favorite couple during the 1990's (and still is, my favorite, to this day so I am enjoying all the 1990's eps.).

• Holly99
    replied
    Originally posted by guichard View Post
    Friday 07/31/2020 -
    Repeat #7764--- originally aired Friday , November 21, 2003

https://www.soapcentral.com/yr/recap...031117.php#fri

Global TV
    Victor taking Nick to meet his grandfather .. Albert Miller .. was .. IMO .. a really good eppy.

Leave a comment:

• sparkk2chane
    replied
    Ah, Victoria's infamous centerfold. I don't remember the exact details, but I believe Victor ended up buying all the copies to save Victoria's reputation.

So this is when Nick started to learn that using your fists in a conflict is the way to go. I do remember him being such a baby when he first came to town and how he dressed like such a 90's boyband member.

Olivia suspecting that Dru is pregnant with Lily was the beginning of a storyline that would take 20 years to conclude (with Malcolm being the bio father). Ah... the Bill Bell era!

Leave a comment:

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X