X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, 7/20/20 LT

Hope you had a good weekend.

A young well-dressed man is a hitchhiker in semi with a nosy driver, who's asking him all sorts of questions. The man was in a car accidnt and hears a disembodied female voice, who is upset, and there is a mention of abortion. (I can't imagine how that went over back in 1973!!). We see GC (as I've always imagined it, NOT full of high rises and glitzy mansions). He's getting out at GC.

Sally and her boyfriend discuss how tough it can be to live in GC. She talks about jobs, etc. She works at Pierre's? Hooray. It's been so long since I've been there!

I don't know how much I can post for the 1:00/second half hour. I'm expecting someone to arrive around then.
    Last edited by TeamLuRe; July 20, 2020, 11:59 AM.

Comment

So I am guessing Sally’s boyfriend is Snapper - she called him that, Jill’s brother and Billy’s uncle?

The sound isn't the greatest.

Comment

• TeamLuRe
        TeamLuRe commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought it was me. I kept cranking up the sound because I couldn't quite hear what they were saying.....

Freekin Florida is having the Governor on ! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Comment

Yikes, the inner voice telling a woman to get an abortion. In 1973?

Comment

Fun fact, the very first music heard on episode one was created by legend Ennio Morricone

Not so fun fact : they changed the music, creating this remix from the original music.
          i also think they changed the restaurant music, sound more like 90’s gina’s restaurant background music

Comment

• Pamcho
            Pamcho commented
            Editing a comment
            It could be that they couldn't get or didn't want to pay for the music rights.

'Nice intro to the Brooks sister. / A mention of Jill! And Snapper is Chris' love interest!!

We are at Pierre's with Snapper and some other guy (I think it's Mr. Brooks).
          Last edited by TeamLuRe; July 20, 2020, 12:00 PM. Reason: Corrections

Comment

• bronxgal
            bronxgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry, it is the Brooks sisters, and Snapper is with Chris in this episode. I don't know if he eventually gets together with Lauri or not.

• soapgirl9
            soapgirl9 commented
            Editing a comment
            Snapper meeting Stuart Brooks for lunch, according to my closed captioning.

• TeamLuRe
            TeamLuRe commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Bronxgal. I meant Foster, and my mind is completely working on something else that's coming up (in IRL).

I have the CC on to get the character's names. When Sally said "I feel so restless" I was expecting her to be like "I feel so young and restless".

Comment

Mr. Brooks and Snapper discuss Snaper's being in med school. Snapper notices the hitchhiker, who is also eating at Pierre's. They wonder who he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubythroat1 View Post
              Yikes, the inner voice telling a woman to get an abortion. In 1973?
              Roe v Wade. 1973 passed Supreme Court

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                Rubythroat1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow. Good year for women.

Nice piano, by that plainly dressed girl at the house.

Comment

• soapgirl9
                soapgirl9 commented
                Editing a comment
                Leslie Brooks with her sister Chris(tine).

Oh the film quality is suffering a bit now foo. I think that and the sound may be why they are not using the older episodes for the classics.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                Rubythroat1 commented
                Editing a comment
                One camera technique and analogue.

I tuned in late, is this the 1st episode?

Comment

• soapgirl9
                soapgirl9 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes. March 26, 1973. : )

Who was original Snapper? He looks really familiar to me.

Comment

• Bayside87
                Bayside87 commented
                Editing a comment
                William Gray Espy - He played the role from 1973-1975 and briefly in 2003. You may know him for his other daytime role as Mitch Blake on "Another World" where he played from 1979-1982 and again from 1986-1990.

Snapper, before Knight Rider took over the role

Comment

• Bayside87
                Bayside87 commented
                Editing a comment
                That's right, David Hasselhoff played the role longer than the original actor did (from 1975-1982 and appeared in 2010)!

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X