Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Lynne and Mary

Paul's mother and Secretary. I don't remember how they left.

I don't think they were written out, just kind of disappeared like other supporting characters over the years. One day Paul casually mentioned "the late Mary Williams." Don't know about Lynn.

Comment

Lynne left in August or September 2004. She was supposed to visit family members in Kansas. She never came back.
      Mary was last seen on episode 7878 aired on May 10, 2004. In 2010, Paul told Chris that Mary was devastated by Patty's situation. On March 12, 2014, while talking to Nikki, Paul mentionned the "late great Mary Williams". The actress who played Mary was Carolyn Conwell. She passed away on October 22, 2012. 24 years on Y&R, and not even a "In loving memory of Carolyn Conwell" at the end of an episode. That unfortunately tells us how classless this show has become. Last week, in episode 5 of "The Stories behind the Stories", Doug Davidson paid a very nice tribute to the woman who was playing his onscreen mother. It's on Doug Davidson's instagram.

Comment

Lynne was out of a job when Paul closed his practice & went to work as an investigator at Baldwin & Blair law firm.
        In 2004, Lynne left town to visit her mother & has never been seen since.
        Last edited by Holly99; July 10, 2020, 05:06 PM. Reason: Corrected the date (year) Lynne left to visit her mother.

Comment

• Benny Maths
          Benny Maths commented
          Editing a comment
          It was in 2004, actually. Episode 7960 aired on September 2, 2004
          Nikki: "Guess I'll be seeing you at the new office"
          Lynne: "Eventually"
          Nikki leaves
          Paul: "Eventually?"
          Then Lynne explained she would be visiting family in Kansas after she had helped Paul to move into his new office.

Lynne called Paul on September 22, 2004 (episode 7972). We just saw and heard Paul talking on the phone. Then we've never heard from Lynne again.

• Holly99
          Holly99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the correction, Benny Maths .. I'll amend my post.

I wish they would bring Lynn back. I always liked her.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info. I liked Lynne too .

Comment

I always thought that Lynne deserved juicier storylines than what she was given! Murder & mayhem always surrounded her, but the writers mainly had her just bringing Paul coffee & answering the phone!

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Maths View Post
              Lynne left in August or September 2004. She was supposed to visit family members in Kansas. She never came back.
              Mary was last seen on episode 7878 aired on May 10, 2004. In 2010, Paul told Chris that Mary was devastated by Patty's situation. On March 12, 2014, while talking to Nikki, Paul mentionned the "late great Mary Williams". The actress who played Mary was Carolyn Conwell. She passed away on October 22, 2012. 24 years on Y&R, and not even a "In loving memory of Carolyn Conwell" at the end of an episode. That unfortunately tells us how classless this show has become. Last week, in episode 5 of "The Stories behind the Stories", Doug Davidson paid a very nice tribute to the woman who was playing his onscreen mother. It's on Doug Davidson's instagram.
              They really should have acknowleged her, what a shame! I remember her playing The Boston Strangler's wife in that movie with Tony Curtis, if I am recalling correctly. Its Tony Curtis as star of the month on TCM this month, maybe they will show it.

Comment

Hmmm. Food for thought, have Lynne come back to tell Paul he has a son/daughter, the result of a drunken one night stand that he barely remembers. She left town when she found out she was pregnant. Paul needs a story and a family, Y&R needs some new young folks and this could be very interesting. Lynne could say that she knew Paul didn't love her and didn't want him to feel like he had to marry her. Whitewash for everyone involved and a new Williams.

Comment

• MayaCanada
                  MayaCanada commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He already has a daughter and a son. Let them come back before adding others...

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X