Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phyllis running down Paul/Chris, do you think she’s changed for the better?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phyllis running down Paul/Chris, do you think she’s changed for the better?

IMO, what Phyllis did was horrible, running down two innocent people because of jealousy, is there anybody out there that believe she’s changed and became a better person? I don’t! However, there were times that I thought she had grown but she always maintained her selfish ways, which is a horrible trait to have.

I do think that Phyllis has changed a lot since them. She has matured most of all. She goes after what she wants. She is a little selfish but then so is half the people on the show. But She has changed way more for the better since then.

Comment

Phyllis has t changed at all. She’s never shown any remorse for terrorizing Chris simply because she was always jealous. She never took responsibility for jumping in the sack with grieving Sharons husband. She also was constantly combative toward Sharon. She didn’t hold her daughter responsible for all the terrible things she has done. She slept with her brother in law. Now she’s got it in for Abby. She’s always jealous, petty and despicable.
      She has second place syndrome. Her parents liked her sister better, Danny wanted Christine, Nick may sleep with her but Sharon is his number one, Billy slept with her daughter....etc She’s a garbage person.

Comment

• Betsey
        Betsey commented
        Editing a comment
        PREACH!!!!!

• TunerEyes
        TunerEyes commented
        Editing a comment
        chatty Cakes, that is exactly how I see her. Very early on from what I understand but wasn't watching back then, she left someone to burn to death in their apartment too. She knew the person was smoking and saw the smoke coming out from under the door but left and never called 911. Sure wish they would show THAT episode during Classics!! I've heard it mentioned so many times on the forum over the years but would love to see it for myself.

If you mean changed as in her not trying to murder people anymore, then yeah I guess so. I think the writers when trying to redeem her did a horrible job. They just tried to swipe it all under the rug and pretend it never happened. They never had her show any remourse or regrets for her actions and never tried to make amends with any of her victims. She still blames Christine to this day.

Comment

I think she has changed in some ways. In others she's the same.

One consistent thread in her character is that she always pits herself against someone else and that person is deemed her enemy simply because they have what she may want. Christine was the first, then Sharon, and now it seems that Abby is in her sights. I will say that from what I recall, Abby did actually do something to Phyllis regarding the hotel, so that's a change.

Another change is that killing someone isn't her first instinct. She still loves "revenge", but not murder.

Comment

• TunerEyes
          TunerEyes commented
          Editing a comment
          She even has seemed to lost her friendship with Lauren over her mock JVC or whatever knock off collection that cut into Lauren's business with Jabot. What gets me is I think she takes pride in luring away other women's men one way or another and then likes to rub it in their face. As we saw with Danny today, she's not beyond rubbing it in a guy's face either. She's kind of like the female version of Victor or devious Jack.
          Last edited by TunerEyes; July 2, 2020, 06:35 PM.

• thecourt99
          thecourt99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Phyllis sets her sights on a man and goes after him, whether he's married or not. The men didn't want her, and her pregnancies kept them around. In Danny's case, she faked a paternity test and outright lied. In Nick's case he was intrigued by her, but was going back to Sharon before he knew about Summer. After a while, Nick did fall in love with Phyllis, but it took him a while. Phyllis put in her work. LOL.

She’s toned down a bit over the years. She used to be Sheila 2.0 back in the day. Today Phyllis is still very petty and insecure, but seems to keep herself in check a bit more. She has nonetheless committed numerous crimes she has yet to pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanlady View Post
          IMO, what Phyllis did was horrible, running down two innocent people because of jealousy, is there anybody out there that believe she’s changed and became a better person? I don’t! However, there were times that I thought she had grown but she always maintained her selfish ways, which is a horrible trait to have.
          In a word "NOPE"

Put her behind the wheel now and her target would be Abby, that's the only difference.

Comment

And in 2012, I can't believe the jury let Phyllis for what she did to Paul and Christine. Statue of limitations does not run out attempted murder right?

Comment

• KendallSam
              KendallSam commented
              Editing a comment
              The charge was Hit and Run!

Phyllis definitely changed IMO. I went from hating the character to loving her.

Phyllis returned to town to work for GloByJabot a changed woman who had a career focus. She lost custody of her son and it had a profound affect on her.

Phyllis has explained why she takes care of herself (rather than waiting around for someone else to do). Phyllis does it because people see her as so strong that they forget that she can hurt. Phyllis doesn't come off as a damsel so at times men don't always think to protect her.

Phyllis has her flaws, as do ALL characters. It's what balances a character and gives them depth.

Phyllis is her own worse enemy IMO. Phyllis doesn't and just can't wait to see how things will turn out. Phyllis takes action and at times it is to her own determent.

I love the moments when Phyllis is vulnerable and trusting with someone or just alone in a room.

The Phyllis that was introduced was a Villian. I didn't even like Christine but I saw Phyllis for what she was. I do think things began to change a little bit when the writers had Danny actually fall in love and remarry Phyllis.

I would change a thing about Phyllis, not even.her past. It's what makes her special IMO.

Comment

• TunerEyes
              TunerEyes commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't think people in GC see her as a strong person. She's very insecure and I think everyone recognizes that. She strikes out at everyone as a result. I think some people in GC pity her, others have no pity for her. She may be strongwilled but in this case it's not the same thing as being a strong person. If she was she would admit to what she's intentionally done to people, apologized and asked for their forgiveness for some of the really horrible things. But she doesn't want to own any consequences for her actions. That makes her a weak person. Quite a pathetic character IMO. But we all need soap villans to make it interesting. The proverbial Good vs. Evil thing.

• KendallSam
              KendallSam commented
              Editing a comment
              Agree to disagree

I'm not sure that Phyllis has changed. He has never apologized to Paul and Chris for what she did to them.

Comment

• KendallSam
              KendallSam commented
              Editing a comment
              Phyllis eventually said "sorry" to Paul. Paul wanted Christine to drop it and didn't want revenge on Phyllis.

Phyllis couldn't apologize when Christine lied to get the Staute of limitations thrown out because it would have been an admission of guilt and hurt her legal defense.

Christine got her revenge in the end so IMO Phyllis and Christine were even and both broke the law.

I know some won't agree, I am ok with that. JMO!
              Last edited by KendallSam; July 4, 2020, 12:04 AM.

• TunerEyes
              TunerEyes commented
              Editing a comment
              Got that you will disagree. Somehow I don’t see any courtroom drama, especially for Christine who didn’t get the conviction and Phyllis sent to prison as a result, as being making them even particularly in light of the physical harm that both Christine and Paul suffered. Phyllis was aiming to kill her the way she barrelled at her. The fact she intentionally rented a vehicle to do it in goes to show it was premeditated.

• Benny Maths
              Benny Maths commented
              Editing a comment
              KendallSam, what do you mean by "Phyllis are eventually say sorry we Paul" ?

The case has been over for almost 8 years now. Everyone knows what Phyllis has done, since a proof was found in Ricky's belongings (Ricky was "investigating" Phyllis). I have all the episodes Paul's been on since 2005. Phyllis has never apologized to him.

Paul and Chris are both able to forgive; just look at their current relationship with Michael. It's Phyllis's fault if Chris still sees her as an ennemy.

Her kind of pathology never changes it just gets smarter. She nearly got caught too many times.

The best I will give her is she has mellowed a bit.

Comment

• TunerEyes
              TunerEyes commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe she's just getting old and slipping in her game playing a bit. Everything seems to be a game to her, business, relationships with others. She always feels the need to get one over on the other person. That's what motivates her.

She may have legally been charged with hit and run only - often the more time that passes the harder it is to prosecute serious violent crimes - but everyone knows it was attempted murder. Phyllis has no conscience about her crimes, which makes her different than most of the other people in town.

Comment

• marciat
              marciat commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly, and I don't think it would fly in real life. It's still a serious crime whether it's over 20 years since it happened or 50 years.

• TunerEyes
              TunerEyes commented
              Editing a comment
              I seem to recall Summer saw the receipt for the car rental or repair and knew what Chris and Paul said were true. As I remember Summer was quite upset to learn this about her own mom to her credit but it didn't seem to matter to either one of them in the long run to do the right thing.

don't think Phyllis has changed, she is ready to do evil at any moment whenever it would suit to her advantage imo. she seems to get a pass every time

Comment

Phyllis has gotten older, but she hasn't really matured or grown-up really. but then again, It depends on the writers on how they want to portray her. Sometimes the writers want us to sympathize with her, other times to vilify her.

At her core, she is still the same person and she hasn't really evolved. Because (again the writers), when he has matured or evolved, the next writer negates and regresses her. That said, that is the same for most if not all the characters.

Comment

These older episodes reminded why I hate Phyllis so much. She is like a huge wrecking ball ruining lives wherever she goes. She will never change.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X