Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y&R wins 8 Emmy Awards!

At the 47th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards, Y&R won a total of 8 Emmys (the most wins of any program)!

- Outstanding Drama Series
    - Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series (Jason Thompson)
    - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series (Bryton James)
    - Outstanding Guest Performer in a Drama Series (Eva LaRue)
    - Outstanding Art Direction/Set Decoration/Scenic Design for a Drama or Digital Drama Series
    - Outstanding Hairstyling for a Drama Series
    - Outstanding Live and Direct to Tape Sound Mixing for a Drama Series
    - Outstanding Makeup for a Drama Series

Congratulations to Y&R!

I am excited and happy for them! Made me tear up when they won but so wanted to see them altogether!

Comment

I'm happy for the YR team. According to Michelle Stafford the cast watched together on zoom. I'm sorry we didn't get to see their reactions to the wins, but its nice that they were together (virtually).

Comment

• caitie
        caitie commented
        Editing a comment
        Instagram was my friend last night! I was able to see Bryton and Brytni react to his win when one of their friends who was watching with them posted an Instagram story of their reactions. Lots of sweet excitement!!

• guichard
        guichard commented
        Editing a comment
        Brytni also posted a video https://www.instagram.com/p/CB6z9WrFtvg/

Awesome! Thank you for posting Bayside87

Comment

Congratulations for all those win, it’s well deserved, I am happy for Jason, Eva and Bryton.👏

Comment

Congratulations to the Y&R cast and crew. Big kudos to BJ, JT, and ELaR!
          Well deserved wins.
          Bryton had crushed his scenes. He had me near tears.

Comment

Congratulations Jason and Bryton! And beautiful Eva!
            Last edited by Chatty Cakes; June 27, 2020, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Happy for Jason. He makes an awesome job with a horrible writing.
              But YR winning for outstanding drama series is a big joke. At least, after that, we know they'll make nothing to change things. Horrible stories will continue...

Comment

• Smithey
                Smithey commented
                Editing a comment
                CBS renewing the show for four years pretty much told everyone that they are okay with mediocrity. Any show can submit a few episodes and make the whole of the show look good. As you stated, Lauren1, horrible stories will continue.

• Lauren1
                Lauren1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, more they used the death of Kristoff St John to get this Emmy. Some find that great, sorry but I find that pathetic...

Originally posted by Lauren1 View Post
              Happy for Jason. He makes an awesome job with a horrible writing.
              But YR winning for outstanding drama series is a big joke. At least, after that, we know they'll make nothing to change things. Horrible stories will continue...
              I agree, I find that level of story, Y&R intrigues was the worst, she did not deserve to win, but I imagine that as it is the most watched and known soap, they gave her the price, as a habit.

Comment

• GwenSharonteam
                GwenSharonteam commented
                Editing a comment
                They chose the right episode to submit with Neil funeral and death, it was good episodes so I guess they give us a lot of chance of win just rough emotions of the all castings, and when I saw the submitted scene , Peter Bergman was stellar,... so sure they couldn’t lose with the choice they gave. I start to feel Emmy would never really reflect the quality of soap, writing, acting or others from the moment is just a portion of a reel that count,... it’d not really who got the best work all year but mostly the one who sell best with a good scene.

• kahinamah
                kahinamah commented
                Editing a comment
                You are reason, all the actors are great as Peter Bergam, I don't question that.

But yes I forgot how it all what is happening, I am to agree, it would be more logical to name the winners over the whole year and not only on a few scenes.

• WorldTurner
                WorldTurner commented
                Editing a comment
                They can't do it based on the whole year because the people voting are not going to watch every episode of every soap.

Originally posted by Bayside87 View Post
              At the 47th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards, Y&R won a total of 8 Emmys (the most wins of any program)!

- Outstanding Drama Series
              - Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series (Jason Thompson)
              - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series (Bryton James)
              - Outstanding Guest Performer in a Drama Series (Eva LaRue)
              - Outstanding Art Direction/Set Decoration/Scenic Design for a Drama or Digital Drama Series
              - Outstanding Hairstyling for a Drama Series
              - Outstanding Live and Direct to Tape Sound Mixing for a Drama Series
              - Outstanding Makeup for a Drama Series

Congratulations to Y&R!
              Congratulations to Jason Thompson, he deserves it, even in General hospital this actor was great.

Comment

I enjoyed Eva LaRue when she was on. Kudos.

Comment

Congratulations to you Y&R on your wins. Knew you would do it. KSJ is smiling from up above

Comment

Congrats!!! Y&R you deserve your win. I have been enjoying the show and the storylines lately. Hope you continue with it. The show has been good to me.

Comment

Let's not overlook Best Hairstyling.

Comment

I was so happy that CBS decided to broadcast the show this year - even if it had to be virtual. I've missed seeing the show on network television the last few years.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X