Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treacherous Jack Abbott prevents Gloria from attending her husband's funeral

It was a shameful thing Jack did, telling Gloria the wrong time of the funeral service so that she would miss it. Jack got one thing right: he and his father share the same name, but that's it. John Abbott possessed more class in his little finger than his namesake has in his entire body. He would have been ashamed at the appalling way his son treated his wife. What a creep!

I hated Gloria and her whole awful family. I watched it when it first aired and thought Good job, Jack. The worst thing that ever happened to John was when Gloria hit GC

Comment

I was team Jack and I happen to like Gloria. Why do they have to put up with Johns late in life wife that capitulated his going to prison?

Comment

John married Gloria. John chose Gloria. He was a grown man and his wishes should have been carried out as they were. Jack didn't have to like or embrace her, but the least he could have done was follow through with what John wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Chatty Cakes View Post
          I was team Jack and I happen to like Gloria. Why do they have to put up with Johns late in life wife that capitulated his going to prison?
          John was a wonderful man, but he and he alone is responsible for his going to prison, and he would admit that himself. He chose to take his gun and kill Tom Fisher. As for putting up with Gloria, she was John's wife. He loved her and he married her. it is the least they could have done out of respect to their father if they loved him as much as they say they did. Keeping her out of the funeral was an unspeakably cruel thing for Jack to do.

Comment

Team Jack back then and team Jack today :-) Glo was a real pip back than . I was glad that they mellowed her for i do like her a lot the actress is fantastic! Keven is the one who needed to take a seat somewhere after trying to burn an Abbott to death!

Comment

Team Jack - I like Gloria now but at the time of that show Jack was very justified. Gloria’s tampered with Ashley’s face cream which killed a woman. She could have singlehanded sent Jabot into bankruptcy due to law suits. She brought Terrible Tom into the Abbott orbit. John called the guy and died in prison. Gloria is not innocent and she deserved all the things that were done and said to her today. Michael, Lauren and Kevin were Gloria’s enablers.

Comment

Was today's show before or after Jack put all of Gloria's things in a trash bag and slammed the door in her face?

Comment

• fep007
                  fep007 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't remember, but I do know it was within that same storyline. That scene had me laughing for days. I always liked Jack, but when he put Gloria's stuff out of the Abbott mansion and slammed the door in her face, he was my boy from then on.

Loved every second of it!!! I shouted "Go Jack" back then and I shouted the same thing today!! Gloria and both of her criminal sons (and Michael's wife who viciously bullied John Abbott's daughter for years) showing up too late for the funeral made me giggle. The only thing better was the time Jack put Gloria's stuff in a garbage bag and threw her butt out. She was trouble through and through!

Comment

I am team Jack all the way. If Jack did not do it. I could see Ash doing that. Also John Abbott had terrible choices for women. All of them betrayed him one way or another.

Comment

No widow deserved this type of treatment. It was beneath Jack and he needed to take the higher road. Laughable since we know that Jack started sleeping with Gloria. Sometimes Jack makes me want to hurl.

Comment

I don't think Jack ever got exposed for how he kept Gloria from what her father wanted he tried have, in his will 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by KendallSam View Post
                        I don't think Jack ever got exposed for how he kept Gloria from what her father wanted he tried have, in his will 🤔
                        He did get exposed, publicly in court, which led to his resigning from his State Senate seat in disgrace.

Comment

I remember thinking that I wished Jack would be a bit more classy toward Gloria, but I didn’t really blame him. Gloria brought a lot of chaos and loss to the Abbotts. Even though some of that wasn’t her fault, she just wasn’t a nice person back then, and gave as good as she got. It took years for me to warm up to her and her sons; they just weren’t the quirky, redeemed family we ( barely) see today.
                          That scene after the funeral did remind us that Jack had his faults too, pride, arrogance and self-righteousness. I do think the Jack we have today would have been far more gracious.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X