Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will We See Episodes from the 70s and Early 80s?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will We See Episodes from the 70s and Early 80s?

They could dedicate a week to that period or the families that started it all. Or would that be too far in the past for viewers to even recognise the show?

Sounds good to me! I wouldn’t mind it! That would be cool!

Comment

I've noticed for some reason it seems like they'll only go as far back as 1991 for the classic episodes.. I wonder why they don't show more eps from the 70's and 80's??

I really would love for them to start from the very FIRST episode of Y&R and just go from there for a couple of weeks. I always wanted to see the beginning stages of this soap.

Comment

They did air an episode from 1981.

Comment

• islezeus
          islezeus commented
          Editing a comment
          When? I seemed to have missed it

• soapgirl9
          soapgirl9 commented
          Editing a comment
          It was aired back on May 4th. Original airdate was October 31, 1981. They also reaired Nikki and Victor's first wedding from 1984.

Many, probably most viewers, wouldn't recognize the characters from the 70s and early 80s. That doesn't mean they wouldn't tune in out of curiosity to see how the show began. I would love to see young Jill, Phillip Chancellor, Snapper, Liz Foster, Billy's namesake William Foster. They could find episodes that also feature young Nikki and Paul. I'd also like to see how the Abbotts were introduced, because I wasn't watching in the early 80s.

If the early shows were preserved on tape, I say go for it.

Comment

I would much rather watch a show from the 70s/80s than watch a "classic" show from a few months back.

Comment

• snuebee
            snuebee commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree. I want to see the backstories from way back.

I don't think they will , ir seems way too far

Comment

I'd love to see them air the first 10 episodes....back to back....whereas the show started as a half-hour soap in the 1970's....show viewers 'how it all began'....that's a full week of fill.....

Comment

I would love to see how it all began with the actors who were on then, like Kris and Snapper, Kristen's rapist was played by actor Tony Geary... A young Jill and Phillip Chancellor Sr.. the Brooks sisters, the Williams family including Stephen and Patty.. I think Deidra Hall also played a nurse in the earliest days... There were memories attached to those sl's. John McCook was so handsome! Yes, bring em on!

Comment

• ncposton
                ncposton commented
                Editing a comment
                Wait ... they guy who raped Chris was played by Tony Geary?! I was in elementary school back then. I remember Chris and Snapper having problems, and then Peggy was raped.

I would love to see some episodes from the 70's with the Brooks family and also would love to see some from the 80"s.

Comment

They probably don't go too far back, because almost nobody there is currently on YR present day. It would be like watching a completely different show, honestly.

Comment

• Carjack4ever
                  Carjack4ever commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I honestly didn't start watching Y&R until 1994 with my grandmother back in the day. However i'm still intrigued to see episodes before my time. I probably wouldn't be familiar with ANY of the characters within the 1st episode but for some strange reason I still want to see this..

Originally posted by janesBydiction View Post
                They probably don't go too far back, because almost nobody there is currently on YR present day. It would be like watching a completely different show, honestly.
                This exactly my feeling. It is too far back

Comment

I have seen the 1973 original episode posted online. I didn't recognize anyone from that show because it was a few years later when I started watching..

Comment

They're showing an episode from 1986 on Monday.

Comment

• guichard
                      guichard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes but with current cast members

I would like to see some older episodes especially with Terry Lester as Jack. I caught some of his work on YT where John and Jill (Brenda Dickinson) are divorcing.

John found out Jack slept with Jill and disowned him after ordering him out of the house and Jabot

Terry's Jack had to play a variety of emotions in these scenes and was really good

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X