Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of diversity would you like to see?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of diversity would you like to see?

An Asian family would be a nice addition to the cast.

While an Asian or even South Asian family would be nice. And no I don’t think Kemo is ever coming back

They don’t use the diverse characters they have now. Elena still has no back story. We never see Rey in cop mode, Amanda and Lily are currently defined by Billy. Nate is in doctor mode 90% of the time. Mariah and Tessa have not had a meaty story in a of time until the breakup/makeup.

I like all of these characters they need to be fleshed out more. Keep Nate and Amanda together and let the audience get to know them as a couple alone. Bring a family member in for Elena. Let’s see Rey at his job and Lola expand her empire and deal with Theo. Let Mariah and Tessa move into a bigger place and expand their family. Let’s see Lily as a business woman and woman on her own before throwing her into a relationship with Billy.

I like JG’s style of writing I just need him to spread the love.

Comment

• Shalaydra75
      Shalaydra75 commented
      Editing a comment
      ITA with most of this comment, I do not want to see Lily in a relationship with Billy.

Look....bringing Kemo and his family is an easy fit. Just saying

Comment

We already have diversity

Comment

• caitie
        caitie commented
        Editing a comment
        Sometimes only token diversity. Needs better development!!!

I gave up on this when they busted up the Winters' family...

Comment

The show's recent record introducing a more diverse cast leaves a bit to be desired. The Rosales family was over exposed, which alienated many viewers, and now half are gone. Nate and Elena continue to be under developed. Remember Kerry Johnson? I know, most have probably forgotten about her by now. Ana and her father Jett -- gone. Amanda's getting attention because she's played by the popular Mishael Morgan.

I welcome more diverse characters, but want them to be developed. However, I don't know about adding a whole new family to the canvass. IMO, new characters should be introduced one-by-one, and families built over time.

Comment

I would like to see more umbrellla storylines and more interactions with different characters on the show. Everyone seems too closed off and divided into groups... The show was better at handling this back in the day as seen in the classic episodes. For example have Lily become friends with Sharon get involved with other characters besides Devon,Cane the usual people that she interact with. Have a romance develop between Lily and Nick and make Phyllis jealous etc. Use more of the vets for more interesting storylines... Have Paul and Lauren have an affair behind Micheal's back. Anything to make the show more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by bronxgal View Post
            While an Asian or even South Asian family would be nice. And no I don’t think Kemo is ever coming back

They don’t use the diverse characters they have now. Elena still has no back story. We never see Rey in cop mode, Amanda and Lily are currently defined by Billy. Nate is in doctor mode 90% of the time. Mariah and Tessa have not had a meaty story in a of time until the breakup/makeup.

I like all of these characters they need to be fleshed out more. Keep Nate and Amanda together and let the audience get to know them as a couple alone. Bring a family member in for Elena. Let’s see Rey at his job and Lola expand her empire and deal with Theo. Let Mariah and Tessa move into a bigger place and expand their family. Let’s see Lily as a business woman and woman on her own before throwing her into a relationship with Billy.

I like JG’s style of writing I just need him to spread the love.
            YES! I'd be very happy to see an Asian or South Asian family.

However, my first choice is for JG to give better development to those characters already on the YR canvas. The specific suggestions you make work very well for me, too.

At times, I've been lukewarm on JG's writing primarily for the same reasons I've been lukewarm on some other soap writers - excess repetition and failure to balance development and use of a talented and potentially more interesting cast. He could ease both of these reservations by doing what you have suggested - and increase diversity representation at the same time.

Comment

I'd like to see someone with a congenital heart defect. I have a CHD and never seen a character on a TV show have one before.

Comment

Good point about them not developing the characters they have. I liked Ravi, they could have kept him on.

Comment

I like Diversity on the show but they already failed when it came to diversity when they brought on the Rosales they are the worst family to be brought on. The only one I have liked so far from that family was Mia and I do like Rey but other than that the rest was a failer. I do want to see more of the Winters and just more of the cast they already have and stop bringing on new characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Carjack4ever View Post
                    .. Have Paul and Lauren have an affair behind Micheal's back. Anything to make the show more interesting.
                    I loved it when Lauren had the affair with Carmine! I say bring on more Italians. Or more Irish, they are terribly under-utilized.

Who was that Italian girl/woman singer whose Dad was a mobster? I think she kept Kevin on an island or something? I liked that family too.

Comment

• Chatty Cakes
                      Chatty Cakes commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Angelina! Her dad was some kind of mob guy.

To be honest , I would love not to hear anymore the word diversity and minority ..., we are in 2020,... and I want great actors whatever the horizon... and certainly not judged, harshly criticised or loved because what they should represent or not .... those words really doesn’t have sense, as any good scientist would say race doesn’t have no sense ..because there’s just human race and pigmentation doesn’t make us another race ... social study should demonstrate how the use of the word diversity and minority is just used to separate the mass, and classified economically people .. it’s nothing against the OP, and I respect Chatty Cake a lot ... but we have to go beyond that even the news shows nothing has changed much ... but I prefer me not put it, because it’s an excuse after for production to give bad use of what people expectation are and not treated their crew and actors equally in representation when just talent needs to be accountable ...
                    Last edited by GwenSharonteam; May 29, 2020, 04:21 AM.

Comment

It’s the reason I like the character of Ravi,.. he was the tech , he wasn’t introduced with a classification of background or minority, and they give him origin of his roots respectfully ..., there is zero problem with the Rosales family, but people needed just to stick the etiquette Latino or Hispanic, and things start getting ugly ... if I don’t have to put an etiquette of race or national origin on the Abbott, Newman or Paul family, why should I need to put on others,... why there can be blended without knowing of thy are Irish descendants, English, Russian, or whatever place of Europe their ancestor can com from, but their is this constant focus on rooting other , and if it doesn’t work ...I am enjoying the fact they’re celebrating the Cuban culture with Lola and Rey, but I loved them for the great in their characters not because of their representation ... The Rosales as much Winters, and Baldwin one of the last family to be roots in Genoa those last decade ... are good not because they represent a new minority family, but a new family ... and YR needed new blood ..., and I wish we will never see again the ugly things writing down during the all Rosales family was there ... which didn’t have my justification to be ... perhaps I am naive but I would like to see the word minority banned forever ever and ever ...

Comment

• GwenSharonteam
                        GwenSharonteam commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I know well Soapfan54 ..., and I am as you are, I am not from United States, and I know how it’s sensitive there then in Europe for image representation,... , it would be a lie to say it’s totally different in the rest of the world , here the word would be more migrant, immigrants but at least sometimes is equal with any population of this country whatever the colour of your skin .., I try to give the same pride I have to be an African descendant for the young generation in my family , .. and certainly let anybody to put them in a box ..., you have a great interview of Denzel Washington and how he was seeing the character he had to play... he needed to be bold , bad, good, strong or weak but never he wanted to be see as the expectation what am Afro American needed to be ..., just meet the actor, just meet the man in equal foot ,... , it’s the reason if we start to change ourselves the way of seeing it, evolution would come from it and the next generation ..., and let your talent shine...

• Soapfan54
                        Soapfan54 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oh! What an off-topic conversation we could have, lol! GwenSharonteam But I'll summarize by: 1) Agreeing about Denzel The Great! He's his authentic self and it comes through in his performances. I saw an interview he gave in which he said the running theme of his movies is that, the "villain" does not get away at the finale. Very interesting and I've noticed (in his movies) that he's remained true to this theme. 2) I'm glad to know you on this Board!

• GwenSharonteam
                        GwenSharonteam commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Soapfan54 likewise,... always a pleasure of talking with you. Ah ah but best to stop the off topic, .. I wish just great characters in YR, and Bell create one in Neil Winters, by working with a talented actor who put life and make it big for so many kids out there to believe it, and even sometimes starting finance school just because of him, and I am sure they were all from many horizons,... I was checking al lot Kristoff’s twitter and his fans just saw him for the talent he was , and I wish the same for the next generation coming , actors that make them dream big, ..., I don’t believe television need to educate children but if we are asking so much for a television to show diversity because we are in need that it was more open to what world is now, embracing culture and showing the beauty in his diversity ...

So my diversity I like right now in YR is Dutch by adoption Theo , who cooked an Eastern European meal with Lola , and seeing than their souvenir of childhood can be so similar. I loved than Arturo was an entrepreneur in construction so refreshing to have a character which a job that should given great storylines if writers were creative at the time, and not focusing on the same soup and dynamic they try to sell us for years now,..., I watched first YR, and was astonished to see women of any shape and size being lead, .. and I wish you have more this type of diversity of beauty for male and female back now, ... and stop just seeing the romantic aspect of each storyline before rooting him for the big picture,... it will give again more layer and story when an actor or actress knows they are just more than the half of couple , and as story to tell for themself ,... it’s the diversity Bell gave in the past, and wish we could keep it,... diversity and still representation of strong woman , .. I think compared to 5 years , finally not just Victoria Newman can have a job, so we finally see them working again ,... I would love than Keemo family ,at least supposedly grandchild of Jack could come and being integrate in the storyline ,.. and when they have great actors just keep them, ..

So I stop before continuing babbling, but yeah m to another fun discussion 😄
                        Last edited by GwenSharonteam; May 30, 2020, 02:34 AM.

They could bring back Ravi and Mia and Mama Rosales, all were bright spots in the show. An Asian character or two would be good.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X