Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst/Least favorite storylines

One of the worst storylines IMO at least in recent history was Michael having cancer and trying to choose a new man for Lauren. ln and of itself not the most compelling story again JMHO. What made no sense was Michael choosing Cane for Lauren. Cane was a married man with 2 small children whose wife was a cancer survivor. If he didn't want Lauren to be alone why wouldn't he have chosen a single man one perhaps who did not have small children. Cane going to work for Lauren also didn't make sense since he quit Chancellor because he didn't want to be working under Jill. Then to make the story even worse it was used as an excuse for Lily to have an affair with Joe Clark and then that led to Lily being Joe's alibi when Avery accused Joe of attacking her and later Joe setting Cane up for embezzling money from Lauren and Joe stalking Lily. Still shaking my head over that one!

My Least Favorite Storylines ever to me would have to be Kyle pretending to not love Summer anymore when he clearly did. Also putting Kyle in a horrible relationship where he was treated horribly and became a purse holder with Lola. I do love that the writers fixed that mistake. I hated that rewrite. Plus, Rewriting Summer's character also last year. Summer would never do the things she did last year.

Comment

1. Chadam origin storyline where they dumbed Adam down to the point of making him Chelsea’s glorified tutor and then shrink for her daddy issues all so I’d have to suffer through a character that never should have been long term.

2. The Kyle/Summer/Lola triangle - primarily because it was such an obvious attempt to shoehorn in a character (Lola) at the expense of a legacy one (Summer).

3. Anything Rosales related.

4. The Killer Coven (aka the JT murder but not murder story).

5. The Sharon is a train wreck storylines - her being a kleptomaniac, the Shictor marriage and general aftermath, the Summer paternity switch, the Sully/Christian debacle, etc.

6. anything involving Sage or Avery.

7. Connor the puppeteer and his issues.

8. chick 1.0 and 2.0

Comment

1. Everything involving Newman. Strangely I could understand the attraction about Victor Newman, but I really think the small interaction with real blood relative Newman are weak, and don’t add anything in storyline. Sorry just fall asleep if I have to watch Nikki and Victor, or Victor in his kids, and Nikki and her kids ...., I don’t embrace Victor as a patriarch and father, and Nikki as mother has the most boring and repetitive scene ever... and one of less attractive motherhood relationships on screen in my humble opinion .. even Jill with her mess up relationship with Billy, and all Billy casting have always glued me to my TV,... and how having the same casting over the years cannot create magic when they’re together is a nonsense. Watching the Abbott family is like sharing their house with them, ... , the Newman is like a very cold place, where I am not interested in any of the characters ans I found them really overated for what they really sell. Sorry without Victor Newman, Newman doesn’t stand... but a good decade already proofed then the Abbott was more than John Abbott... it’s not a debate against the Newman , but how I see their storyline if they don’t have the use of other supportive characters are simple filler scenes and nothing memorable...

2. The non use of the real Sheila Carter to end up her storyline in YR ...
      3. Cannot remember one storyline about Phyllis or Nick related, so I guess they are in my weakest link,... and because writers just recreate the millennial version , I will say it’s an ex æquo between their child and them ,..., how meaningless I found them to support a storyline..., repetitive, boring, and I forward most of it ...

Comment

Sharon's illness storyline. I want the character to survive. I love Sheila. But Phyllis should of never tried to be like Sheila.
        SheilaFan32
        Senior Board Member
        Last edited by SheilaFan32; May 17, 2020, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
          CouchCruisin'
          Senior Board Member
          CouchCruisin' commented
          Editing a comment
          Love or hate her, Sharon is part of the Y&R foundation.
          I don't think there is any question regarding her survival.

JT as an abuser left a bad taste in my mouth, given that we watched the character grow up and at no point did that ring true from his days with Mac, Colleen, etc. Seemed like a plot point used to justify the Big Little Lies rip-off storyline.

In another thread, I mentioned the MS as Sheila storyline. The character really doesn’t work without Kimberlin Brown and the idea that she would make herself look like Phyllis didn’t make any sense. More plot-driven nonsense, made worse a few years later when we met the magical sister Sarah Smythe and the twins...at the same time another doppelgänger storyline was playing out. I’m glad no one talks about that anymore.

Comment

The Phyllis and Billy affair. Absolutely disgusting, cruel and out-of-nowhere, just because two recasted actors had “chemistry”. Then the show cans one of the actors - so all that irrevocably trashed history was for nothing now .

Comment

Sharon and Victor's marriage. Not only was the story awful but, the ripple effects linger today. Victor and Sharon had a close relationship before that and now it is ruined.

Comment

Storyline with Summer/Billy where they tried to paint Summer as the one taken advantage of...pffft!

Comment

1) Phyllis and Nick.... any version... these two are sickening together.
            2) Adam's most recent return. They could have done so many new and interesting things with a recast Adam. Instead we got boring reruns of past storylines.
            3) Summer's paternity and making Sharon the scapegoat for Nick's misdeeds. The storyline should have always been that Summer was Jack's and Nick lied about the paternity test results. So many opportunities were lost in this horrible rewrite to make Sharon the bad guy in a storyline she should never have been in.
            4) The destruction of Sharon years.
            5) Katherine is Jill's mother, no wait, Jill is Lauren's sister. What garbage. They ruined so much history with these rewrites.

Comment

• not so young
              not so young
              Recurring Poster
              not so young commented
              Editing a comment
              I like your choices.
              All of these would be at the top of my list , along with throwing Sharon under the bus for the Sully/Christian baby switch , just to prop up Nick & Sage(another one of Nick:s disposable bedmates)

JT as an abuser. One of the worst character assassinations ever written on this show.

Victoria/Nikki/Sharon/Phyllis - burying JT in Chancellor Park and talking about their dirty deed almost daily for ONE year. Young turned these strong women into cartoon idiots.

Marco- raping of Phyllis and Victor getting away with.

Ashley turning on Jack and letting him believe John was not his dad.

Neil seducing Sophia and getting her pregnant. As soon as he got her away from Malcom then he dumped her.

Neil kidnapping Hillary and keeping her hostage at the boat house.

Dylan- everything about the character was a big bore.

Comment

The reliquary storyline from a decade ago...boring!
              The constant rewrites of Jill's parentage.
              Phyllis as Sheila...If you can't bring back Kimberlin Brown, just don't go there!
              Sharon & Victor's marriage....they had been written as having a father/daughter relationship for years. Now, that relationship has been ruined.
              Anything Tessa related...
              Anything Rosales related...

Comment

Can someone refresh my memory didn't Joe try to frame Cane to make it look like Cane stole the ransom money for Hilary?

Comment

• DallasGal
                  DallasGal
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  DallasGal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes correct. I was disappointed that Joe turned out to be so diabolical.

Sharon and Adam.. I can never understand how she would want to be with a man that kidnapped her baby and made her think she was dead. She lost precious time with her baby that she can never get back.

Comment

• not so young
                  not so young
                  Recurring Poster
                  not so young commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sharon was thrown under the bus to try redeem the Adam character who had been written into corner by MAB. They end up dragging Sharon thru the mud to put her with Adam. It was especially cruel when they had Nick snatch baby/toddler Faith from Sharon because she was with Adam.

• ArizonaMimi
                  ArizonaMimi
                  Recurring Poster
                  ArizonaMimi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I, totally, agree. This is one of the WORST s/l's ever!!! I have been a viewer for 40+ years, but this still bothers me, like some others. With Sharon and Adam being current S/L actors... this bothers me as much as Sharon/Victor being a couple........... UGH!

DallasGal I was very intrigued with Joe in the beginning and felt like he had a lot of potential a sexy single businessman who wasn't a Newman or Abbott was exactly what the show needed. It actually would have made more sense for Michael to have tried to fix Lauren up with him instead of Cane. That just never made sense to me for Michael to pick a married man with kids for Lauren instead of one of the single men in GC.

Comment

• DallasGal
                  DallasGal
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  DallasGal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Joe had a typical soap tie in to current characters with being the ex-husband of Avery and a friend of Ashley's. I thought Joe had good chemistry with Ashley and Avery. I wasn't too thrilled when he took up with Lily because she seemed too young for him. And she was already in a relationship so I thought Ashley needed someone to occupy her time outside of Jabot (or was she working at Newman during this time?). I agree that he had such great potential and he was introduced slowly.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X