Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else enjoying the sub plots better than weekly theme?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else enjoying the sub plots better than weekly theme?

The theme this week was supposed to be about rivals but only a small portion of the shows was about that. Victor ranting and raving hasn't changed and Lilly and Hillary's feud was annoying the first time around. On Thursday I wanted to see McKenzie learning more about Katherine being her grandmother. Friday when Nick was saying how much Mariah looks like Cassie I wish the next show would be Sharon finding out that she is her daughter. They can easily show the problem and how it ended such as Sharon has Faith stolen, next day Ashley thinking baby is hers followed by everyone finding out baby belongs to Nick and Sharon. We are getting too many random plots.

Yes, me. For example today's episode; I really enjoyed seeing the actress (Angell Conwell) who played Leslie Michaelson (hope I got that correct) and her younger brother, Tyler (played by Roderick Williams (hope I got the name correct) today and I remember their story with their father who was in prison and later was released but later died. I remember I enjoyed their s/l with their father, and disappointed the father died, too. Enjoyed Tyler showing up in G.C. and enjoyed his romantic relationship with Abby, too (I really liked their relationship at the time, got invested, but I guess the regime weren't really into it, though, so now I don't get invested into Abby's relationships anymore, over the years, they don't last. I also got invested in Arturo/Abby, too, but regimes axe them again. So, no more for me, each time, regimes change and next regime axe my couples I got invested in. Anyhow, I enjoyed today's with all the characters, Neil, Devon, Cane, Tyler, Abby, Leslie at Crimson LIghts, enjoyed seeing Dylan, Paul, Ian Ward, too. Loved seeing Dylan working at Crimson Lights, too. Enjoyed Nick and Sharon at the cottage, too. I remember all the stories, but nice to see all the characters in this episode again.

Comment

• Chatty Cakes
      Chatty Cakes
      Recurring Poster
      Chatty Cakes commented
      Editing a comment
      Remember Hilary’s mom had been writing letters to Leslie and Tyler’s dad before she passed. They never really tied up the connection.

• Silentfan
      Silentfan
      Soap Addict
      Silentfan commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the original plan was to make Gus Hilary's father. Why that changed? I can't remember.

I'm loving seeing the older, forgotten stories and characters again. I wasn't even going to bother recording last week (Victor and Nikki's "love" story, puke - those two have always been toxic to each other) but some of the other story threads got me intrigued. Fortunately, there isn't too much emphasis on most of the supposed theme in each show and LOTS of other good stuff. My biggest complaint is that I wish they would air the shows chronologically, which they don't always bother to do.

Comment

• RestlessFan
      RestlessFan
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      RestlessFan commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with you about the toxicity of Victor and Nikki over they years. I saw an old classic episode when Victor and Hope early relationship and saw how Victor acted with Hope, he treated her like fragile china and Victor was way different with her compared to Nikki over the years. Victor has had a lot of women in between and same with Nikki she has had a lot of men in between (when they used to breakup and they both would have other relationships). Victor was very kind and considerate and he changed in personality (from a rough, abusive type to the kind, considerate) when he was with Hope and Sabrina. Nikki, tried to interfere with Victor and Hope, too and Victor found out and he very rudely/in anger, told Nikki to butt out, too. Hope, was totally the opposite of Nikki, in personality, too.

• Silentfan
      Silentfan
      Soap Addict
      Silentfan commented
      Editing a comment
      This paints present Nikki in a bad light. She was proud of her stripper past and while with Jack, strips down to her underwear to make Victor jealous. Now, knowing this, i can't take anything negative she says to Sharon seriously. Victoia yanking Sharon up by the arm I hated it! Why was Sharon upset?

The shows were never going to be a sole focus on the rivalries because they didn't splice together with numerous clips.

I hate the soaps that have two grown women fighting so I was I hit the FF through Jill/Katherine, and Sharon/Nikki.

I thought the confrontation between Jack and Victor was gold. I loved Jack telling Victor, "this ain't your board pal".

Comment

• RestlessFan
      RestlessFan
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      RestlessFan commented
      Editing a comment
      To me, Jill/Katherine's rivalry dates back to 1970's (I believe, if not beginning or early 1980's) and it is one of the biggest rivalry going far far back and the way it originated, too, and it is between 2 very strong women who are also strong in businesses, and both can give and take and just have the grit and strong personalities, and so I can take this rivalry over the rest. Nikki and Sharon, feels, like vanilla pudding, marshmellows, in comparison (besides they are dominated by their ex's over the years, too, and they bow to those men continuously, so I just can't take them seriously and they should not have been included in the biggest rivalries week, it should have included Sheila/Lauren, and also Christine/Phyllis, etc.).

• DallasGal
      DallasGal
      Aspiring soap scribe
      DallasGal commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the strong rivalries too but it is physical fighting that I can do without; especially if it is between two women.

Lauren and Sheila; Phyllis / Christine were very good. And after all these years P/C still get into verbal fights. 😀

While it does leave you wanting more (hint, hint CBS -- work on adding as many episodes from the seasons as you can on CBS All Access), I'm okay with seeing the episodes as is. I don't have a problem jumping back or forward in time, and really am enjoying seeing characters I know and those I don't from not watching back then, but will say it bugs my husband when we are watching a tv show or movie. While I will pretty much watch all the characters, I know some people will ff through some they don't like and that would probably have them not watching and possibly stay not watching.

Comment

How...would that even work to make sense? You’d have to show more than a weeks worth of episodes

Comment

yes am loving the sub plots better than most of the main themes

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X