Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

SOD: Michael Mealor (Kyle) on Doing Love Scenes with Hunter King (Summer)!

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelle4ever
    Day Player
    • Sep 2005

SOD: Michael Mealor (Kyle) on Doing Love Scenes with Hunter King (Summer)!

In last week's Soap Opera Digest, Michael Mealor (Kyle) says that one of his favourite people to do love scenes with is Hunter King (Summer) since Hunter is one of his bestest of friends. Michael said that since he and Hunter trust each other so much and are so comfortable with each other, they can go places that they can't with another scene partner. And Michael says that Hunter makes those love scenes look easy.
  • kahinamah
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Sep 2019

This does not surprise me, the scenes look natural, well played, and good chemistry between the two actors.

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
      Executive Poster
      • May 2014

That's cool.
      I'm sure being great friends makes the awkwardness of the situation tolerable.

Comment

• creation
        Board Regular
        • Sep 2018

He seems to love their friendship a lot, always stating something good about Hunter.

Comment

• mer
          Board Regular
          • Nov 2006

I can totally see it in the scenes (all their scenes). They play off each other so well and the chemistry is beyond amazing.

Comment

• JNLrafamily
            JNLrafamily commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with this comment....js
        • Fanlady
          Executive Poster
          • Dec 2010

Actually, IMO they seem awkward, his scenes with SC seems more relaxed. Also if you are fake making out with a close friend whom you are friends with their significant other should seem way more uncomfortable. I remember a article where HK said she was uncomfortable when her fiancée was a camera guy on Y&R and she felt more relaxed when he got a job with B&B. Also, IMO, these kind of interviews are not good for the stories because it sort of dictates what the actor prefers for their character, this then messes up the soap. I think this is partly the issue with other character matches too, if a certain actor prefers acting with another actress versus the actress for how the story should be written, to make it a good show, meaning, a lot of interference with actors and regimes preferences have truly messed up Bill Bell Sr.’s original story he was trying to tell. I’m not saying this as fact, it’s just my opinion.

Comment

• guichard
            guichard commented
            Editing a comment
            I read the interview. The point of the interview was him saying that love scenes are awkward to do but he is good friend with Hiunter which make them easier to do

• Chatty Cakes
            Chatty Cakes commented
            Editing a comment
            I also think they come across very awkward and fake.

• Lady Killer
            Lady Killer commented
            Editing a comment
            I really don’t get this, at all. How is stating what they prefer and their opinion of one thing over another dictating the story? They’re allowed to voice their preferences
        • *BackstreetGem*
          Board Regular
          • Feb 2019

Love scenes in general must be super awkward so it's probably easier to have them with people you don't have a relationship with. I can't say I pay super close attention to Kyle and Summer's love scenes but their romantic stuff really emphasises the friendship between the two actors. I can't say I get much romantic chemistry from them.
          Last edited by *BackstreetGem*; May 16, 2020, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Chabby lover
            Contract Poster
            • Jun 2018

I love any scene with Kyle and summer they have the chemistry I can see why Michael is comfortable with hunter. They have great chemistry and they are friends

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
              Executive Poster
              • May 2014

Originally posted by Fanlady View Post
              Actually, IMO they seem awkward, his scenes with SC seems more relaxed. Also if you are fake making out with a close friend whom you are friends with their significant other should seem way more uncomfortable. I remember a article where HK said she was uncomfortable when her fiancée was a camera guy on Y&R and she felt more relaxed when he got a job with B&B. Also, IMO, these kind of interviews are not good for the stories because it sort of dictates what the actor prefers for their character, this then messes up the soap. I think this is partly the issue with other character matches too, if a certain actor prefers acting with another actress versus the actress for how the story should be written, to make it a good show, meaning, a lot of interference with actors and regimes preferences have truly messed up Bill Bell Sr.’s original story he was trying to tell. I’m not saying this as fact, it’s just my opinion.
              In my opinion, it dictates nothing.
              I haven't read the article myself, but MM was quoted as saying, 'One of his favorite people to do love scenes with is Hunter', not his only favorite.
              If and until he states Hunter is his preference, I believe the interview should be taken for what it is.

Comment

• *BackstreetGem*
                Board Regular
                • Feb 2019

All these interviews are vetted by CBS anyway I hear - actors don't say anything in them the network doesn't want them to.

Comment

• Anotherwoman
                  Board Regular
                  • Jan 2013

I don't like Kyle and Summer. When they had him up and leave Lola out of the blue I became totally turned off by Kyle.

Comment

• Sara_in_BC
                    Sara_in_BC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yup me too. I enjoyed the old days where they gave couples angst but they were together for several years. It's hard to buy into a couple when they are so poorly written. If they wanted Kyle and Summer to be the couple they should have worked off that when Kyle married Summer to save Lola's life. The conflict should have been then. And it should have played out over several months.
                • JNLrafamily
                  Executive Poster
                  • Feb 2013

I like Kyle with Summer, they seem to balance each other instead of trying to change one another. I think it's great they are friends IRL, the article sounds like it makes their scenes more enjoyable for both of them.

Comment

• ericrx
                    Recurring Poster
                    • Jun 2009

Kyle/Theo/Summer/Lola = Fast Forward when I'm watching.?

Comment

• janesBydiction
                      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                      • Dec 2011

I'm not really crazy about this pairing, but I love their real life rapport with one another. Hunter had great things to say about him and the entire cast on the SOD podcast.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X