This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, May 13 Classic Episode Discussion

Looking forward to another classic episode.

Avery’s on. I remember her exit being July 2015.

Comment

Victor takes Sharon to the stables to surprise her with a horse, but it is missing!

Paul is with Avery, discussing someone. I stopped listening because I was trying to remember her name!

Heather and Ricky (so nice to see both): Heather says maybe they can make a truce. Ricky says wouldn't that be nice as he walks out the door. I think he's moving out? (ETA: Heather kicked him out.)

Kevin and Michael at CL. Phyllis smooching Nick as he comes through the door. He is moving in. She mentions Daisy didn't do a thing to help her when she was losing the baby.

Daniel is on his laptop when Daisy comes in. She's thinking about apologizing to Phyllis about their argument. He cuddles the baby.
      TeamLuRe
      Soap Addict
      Last edited by TeamLuRe; May 13, 2020, 12:46 PM. Reason: Corrections!

Comment

I really dislike this era of the show, but Ricky and Heather were two missed opportunities and shouldn’t have been written out.

Comment

Unfortunately Paul is spot on re Ricky.

The gaggy relationship between Sharon and Victor

Comment

Paul has been investigating a Doctor Reed, but he's not sure Ricky's information is true. Dr. Reed is gone, and Phyllis would be the likely suspect behind it. Paul's afraid to think his son could hurt anyone or worse.

Ricky meets with a GCPD source. He asks about Dr. Reed, but the cop says he vanished. Ricky says he could write a story about it; he could sell it to make money (and get an apartment). The cop fills Ricky in on the past.

Phyllis still talking about Daisy. When is it going to end? Nick is taking this into his own hands!

Daisy tries to stop Daniel from leaving without saying where he's going and reminds him that they are married. She and Lucy are a package deal; he'll lose Lucy if she goes. He leaves without telling her where he's going.

Victor calling GCPD about the horse. He goes to the house while she stays at the stable. Voila! Nikki comes in with the horse and says along the lines of, "I didn't think you would mind if I rode him first. That kind of thing doesn't seem to bother you."

Comment

This isn't classic to me. This was way beyond the Bell era of good story. I hated Daisy and hated that Sharon married Victor even more. This is going further into her decent into mental illness and I hated that altogether. Ugh.

I also didn't like Ricky's storyline.
              thecourt99
              Aspiring soap scribe
              Last edited by thecourt99; May 13, 2020, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Big Cheddar1
                Big Cheddar1
                Day Player
                Big Cheddar1 commented
                Editing a comment
                I think they picked it because of the huge fight between Nikki and Sharon.

• thecourt99
                thecourt99
                Aspiring soap scribe
                thecourt99 commented
                Editing a comment
                Nikki and Sharon have had many fights over the years. Especially when Sharon and Nick were young and dating. Those fights/arguments actually made some sense as Nikki was the protective mother and Sharon was the new girl that Nick was obsessed with. Sharon being married to Victor made no sense then and it still doesn't. So the fight just made it worse. Given the it was one of the storylines that got that writer fired, I'm surprised that they pulled it out of the vault.

• Big Cheddar1
                Big Cheddar1
                Day Player
                Big Cheddar1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh, I agree - Sharon and Victor getting married was one of the biggest WTH storylines in the show's history IMO. He was essentially both granddad and stepdad to Noah & Faith. It would've been tolerable if they kept it as a strictly business/marriage of convenience, but they implied they actually got romantic (but spared us the love scenes, thank god). And yes, Sharon was later diagnosed as bipolar, but what was Victor's excuse for sleeping with Sharon?

Kevin and Michael discuss Daisy. Daniel cuts in and calls Daisy a sociopath! Michael leaves for work, so Daniel sits with Kevin. Daniel needs a stronger drink than coffee when he thinks about being married to Daisy until Lucy is 18.

Avery is at Phyllis' apartment. Phyllis and Nick tell her he's moving in and they got married last night. Phyllis apologizes for not inviting her to the wedding. Nick takes off so Phyllis can tell Avery that she lost the baby.

As Heather leaves her apartment, Ricky sneaks back in. He looks around and plants a spy camera in the blinds. He leaves a wrapped present.

Sharon and Nikki bicker with each other. Then they step it up by pushing each other and throwing insults! Nikki tells her to leave the ranch, but Sharon smarts back so Nikki attacks her. Fight!!!

Comment

I'm not really watching this because I don't know Ricky and Heather and
                texas
                Soap Addict
                texasTango is right, Sharon with Victor is gag worthy but I did want to make the observation that Ricky looks so much like the current Adam that I had to do a double-take.

Comment

• thecourt99
                  thecourt99
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  thecourt99 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ricky and Heather are Paul's children. Ricky's mom was Isabella who went to a mental institution after trying to kill Cricket. Heather's mom was April.

I couldn’t see the beginning. News and before that Cuomo. What year is this?

Comment

The fight continues. Nikki calls Sharon "trashy" and pours water over her. They continue on with their tit for tat until Sharon has Nikki down on the floor when Victor and a cop appear! Victor grabs Nikki, who yells at Sharon she's not done with her!

Daniel asks Nick to come to the club, so he leaves Kevin.

Phyllis tells Avery that Nick has been amazing. He had been really looking forward to the baby, as she had. Avery is sad. Phyllis says Daisy did this and cheated them. Avery brings up Dr. Reed, who is missing.

Paul runs into Michael at the GCAC.

I'm pre-empted, but I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the show! Have fun!
                TeamLuRe
                Soap Addict
                Last edited by TeamLuRe; May 13, 2020, 01:06 PM.

Comment

TeamLuRe commented I think it's 2015.”

Oh thanks! I remember this episode! I started watching Y&R in 2013 when Daisy was in jail! Back then I was so confused! I was thinking who is this woman and why is she in jail? 😂😂
                  sonyab1974
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  Last edited by sonyab1974; May 13, 2020, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• TeamLuRe
                    TeamLuRe
                    Soap Addict
                    TeamLuRe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I made a typo. I meant to say 2012. I can imagine you would be confused in 2013 if you hadn't seen all of Daisy's tricks.

Oh wow Daisy!!!! It’s been so long!!!

Comment

“I made a typo. I meant to say 2012.”

Are you sure it’s 2012? Cus I remember this episode. Hmmm oh wait I did used to watch Y&R whenever All my children had a commercial.

“I can imagine you would be confused in 2013 if you hadn't seen all of Daisy's tricks.”

Yeah damn!

Comment

Okay I looked up the date. For people who want to know, the date for this episode is June 15, 2012.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X