Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is more spoiled and self-centered, Abby or Summer?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is more spoiled and self-centered, Abby or Summer?

Note, no actor bashing.

Who do you think is more self-centered and spoiled? Abby or Summer? They are not perfect. They look like different halves of the same character for me.
    A side not may be because when JFP brought both actors from Hollywood Heights, she envisioned that these two characters have similar character traits.
    Do you think working at Jabot has matured Summer a bit? Have the business storylines gave Abby new layers?

They're both spoiled as heck but has shown some growth. I will have to say Summer though mainly because I will never get over running down Chelsea, causing her miscarriage and getting a new car and she never paid in fact Fen took the burden and blame for bullying that sweet kid years ago, However didn't Abby get away with running down Tucker right cant remember too much. man they are neck and neck. They are more a lot than they think and should be close.

Although I would say Abby has have to prove herself more than Summer workwise, at least when it comes to Newman.

Comment

• KendallSam
      KendallSam commented
      Editing a comment
      Abby ran down Tucker and got away with it.

I say they are =

Both supported Victor during his trail regarding what Marco and Kelly did to Jack and Phyllis... So Victor will forever have these ladies backs.

They both have trust funds and very forgiving daddies in their corner.

Fenn got more of the blame for bullying Jamie because he continued after Summer stopped which resulted in Jamie being on that roof. Summer started the bullying.

I think both have improved in the past year and a half. I’m not a fan of Summer but she has been going to work at the same place for awhile now, although I don’t care for Jacks coddling of her and Kyle. She hasn’t gone to Newman and demanded a high level job the way Adam and Victoria have.
    Abby’s been a bit of a job jumper but she’s doing well with Society since everyone eats there! She would have done better with Grand Phoenix if she had partnered with Phyllis like she originally was supposed to instead of dumping her for flaky Chelsea.

I would say both are less entitled and spoiled these days. Summer came back as very bratty and mean to her mom, blackmailing her dad, sleeping with Billy.....etc but she’s come a long way.

Comment

Abby definitely is more Spoiled and self-centered. Abby big time. Summer is not spoiled at all and she is not self-centered. Summer actually has proven herself and matured more since working at Abbott. She has grown up and I love the way she is now. I love how she was in the past also before she came back. That was a big time rewrite because she was never like that.

Abby has always been spoiled and self-centered and she is a horrible Aunt also. I would hate to have an Aunt like her.

Comment

• couplingchick
        couplingchick commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah Abby is the worst kind of relative/aunt... I mean what aunt sleeps with her own nieces husband? Sadly with a vapid person like that in your family who needs enemies? Summer is lucky Kyle is related to Abby or else Abby may have been going after him as well!
        Last edited by couplingchick; May 13, 2020, 03:32 PM.

I think both characters have grown up and outgrown most of the spoiled personality traits. However, I think Abby can be self-centered. And, I still don't understand her anger toward Summer unless it is a guilty conscious for sleeping with Summer's husband, Austin.

Comment

• couplingchick
        couplingchick commented
        Editing a comment
        The very fact that Summer is civil and not catty to Abby the way Abby is to her speaks volumes imo about who the more mature one is... after all if anyone should be holding a grudge and act hateful it should be Summer towards Abby since her dear aunt Abby is the one that was sleeping with Summers husband Austin! I honestly think that Abby being written to suddenly despise Summer for no reason whatsoever has to do with them introducing the Rosales clan into Genoa City and being shoved in our faces all of a sudden. Abby and Lola bonding over their hate for Summer was just one more way for them to suddenly make Lola and Abby BFF’s... absolutely ridiculous imo and poorly plot driven.

• DallasGal
        DallasGal commented
        Editing a comment
        couplingchick

Your analysis makes a lot of sense as it concerns Lola. Abby was singing her praises constantly but basically knew nothing about the girl.

I totally get why Abby doesn't like Summer because Summer is not a nice person and only ever looks out for herself. I think the fling with Austin was forgotten a long time ago and I doubt Abby feels any guilt now as she didn't previously.

Summer's been spoiled and indulged all of her life, and even though Abby was too at one point, it was never to the degree that Supergirl was. Summer is still very immature and entitled for someone her age. She still has a lot of growing up to do .... even my 14 year old daughter leaves Summer for dead in the maturity stakes. I find Summer's attitude at work appalling with her flirting with Kyle and sucking up to Jack and demeaning Theo.

Abby has stepped up and grown up a lot as she has gone from a character I could barely tolerate to one I kinda like now. I like that she is independent and has stepped away from the family business and has gone her own route. I like her friendship with Lola and Mariah and how they all support each other. So for me, Abby is the least spoiled & self centered.

Comment

Both characters are hard to watch for me and exhibit spoiled behavior. There is definitely an entitlement that they both have that I personally find hard to look past.

Comment

Summer is more spoiled and entitled.

Abby's shown maturity and growth.

Comment

Summer Summer Summer

Comment

Both but Summer is the worst out of the two.

Comment

Summer is more spoiled and disgusting. Abby has her own money and eagerly delves into entrepreneurship while Summer stands around waiting for Abbott handouts. Abby certainly has gained my respect more than Summer.

Comment

• KendallSam
                  KendallSam commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Summer left a job at Newman to join Jabot.

Nick, Victor and Jabot offered Summer jobs and she toikt he one not with a family connection to prove herself.

Summer was working for the Fennmore's branch of Jabot 🤔 but Lauren is MIA again.

Jack did think Summer was his daughter for a year of her life and his. Add to that the fact that Jack helped Phyllis give birth with Summer. There is an Abbott connection. Summer and Kyle have been on and off since Summer turned 18.

• CouchCruisin'
                  CouchCruisin' commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Summer stands around waiting for Abbott handouts?

• SoapQuest
                  SoapQuest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Summer can prove herself at NE as her aunt has. She doesn't need to run to the company of her granddaddy's rival in order to do that, but she wanted to stay in Kyle's environment so she could remind him of her sick love and to keep a close eye on him and his wife.
                  Yep CouchCrusin' because a woman with self-esteem would have long left Jabot to be a top-level executive at her own family's company. She waits around for about crumbs that allow her to stay near Lola's husband.

Originally posted by rockgirl View Post
                I totally get why Abby doesn't like Summer because Summer is not a nice person and only ever looks out for herself. I think the fling with Austin was forgotten a long time ago and I doubt Abby feels any guilt now as she didn't previously.

Summer's been spoiled and indulged all of her life, and even though Abby was too at one point, it was never to the degree that Supergirl was. Summer is still very immature and entitled for someone her age. She still has a lot of growing up to do .... even my 14 year old daughter leaves Summer for dead in the maturity stakes. I find Summer's attitude at work appalling with her flirting with Kyle and sucking up to Jack and demeaning Theo.

Abby has stepped up and grown up a lot as she has gone from a character I could barely tolerate to one I kinda like now. I like that she is independent and has stepped away from the family business and has gone her own route. I like her friendship with Lola and Mariah and how they all support each other. So for me, Abby is the least spoiled & self centered.
                • I don’t see it... when Abby was Summers age she was just as so called “ spoiled and entitled “ absolutely no difference whatsoever. Abby is supposed to be quite a bit older and more mature at this point but she imo is way more vapid and self involved than Summer is. Also it’s never been explained why Abby suddenly hates her own niece ... it makes no sense. Out of the two characters and given their past history it’s SUMMER who should hate her own older aunt Abby still IMO...after all it was aunt Abby who slept with Summers husband ... not the other way around. I personally feel like Abby’s sudden hate for her own niece was purely a plot point for her to look good and gain points with the new Rosales family that was shoved down our throats last year... Abby and Lola suddenly becoming best friends came at the cost of Abby for no reason explained, turning on her own niece Summer. To this day I’m still waiting on an explanation why not only Abby but Mariah are so hateful to Summer when imo Summer doesn’t go out of her way to be catty with them the way they do with her ... to me that always makes Abby and Mariah who are supposed to be older than Summer looks like the more immature mean girls on the show.

Comment

Honestly, they are both spoiled and self-centered. They are different types of spoiled and self-centered though, to the point of splitting hairs.

Abby at least HAS a work ethic and is innovative. The Naked Heiress concept, as cringe-worthy and bizarre as that storyline (if it could be even called that) was, no one can argue that it was original, in-universe. It was basically Y&R's response to Kim Kardashain and Paris Hilton. Since then, Abby has worked and tried to find herself professionally. Most of the time it was outside the Jabot and NE bubbles (despite going back to it, when the writers didn't know what to do with them). Abby is ambitious when she doesn't have to be. She could easily rest and coast on the laurels of being an Abbott and a Newman, but she has made a conscious effort not to do that. That said, she has never had to STRUGGLE to start these businesses, and most work-related obstacles she's had are dealing with people who are immature or some contrived plot-point. Abby also has some level of self-awareness and is capable of being mature and compassionate. I'm probably giving the writers/TPTB undeserved credit with this, but I think the fact that she has buried a sibling and a parent (Brad and Colleen), and has had a miscarriage (via Stitch) gives her this maturity. She is also one of the ONLY characters (regardless of generation) to mention characters that have passed away. That said, in recent months Abby has been more immature and petty (screwing over Phyllis, screwing Chance in Phyllis' hotel room, etc.) That rivalry is forced and unnecessary.

Summer, on the other hand, is not innovative. Yeah, she is capable of work but she isn't as driven as Abby. She has nothing to prove. Like Abby they were born into wealth and privilege and grew up wanting for nothing. Summer was a Newman Princess, whereas Abby was a miracle baby (in a way; and both were the result of extremely questionable or frown-upon actions: Abby was the result of AI theft, and Summer is the result of an extra-marital affair). Summer had her world turned upside down when she thought Nick wasn't her dad anymore and came VERY close to losing her mom in the same time-frame. Then she got married, and was widowed (more like a blip to be honest), and the only thing that came out of that was the retcon that Abby and Austin were fooling around (Note: Which Abby showed remorse and has tried to make up for it). Summer, like her mother, is capable of being extremely vindictive. She set out to seduce Billy to get back at her mom for (some contrived reason), only for Billy to exploit her in that manner. Which Summer immediately regretted. After her first marriage to Kyle ended, Summer showed maturity and growth when she was respecting Kyle and Lola's marriage (something she previously wouldn't have done).

In conclusion, they are both spoiled and self-centered. Abby is at least self-aware enough on how fortunate she is, and Summer is unaware of how lucky she has it. That said, in the recent months, Abby has been acting like a petty douchebag, deliberately provoking Phyllis, and Summer has been evolving into a better person (not wanting to flaunt her relationship with Kyle, not rushing things, and showing Mariah compassion), but that has been undermined by her scheming with Kyle at Jabot.

Also neither of these girls should be allowed to operate vehicles. Newman women being behind the wheel never ends well for anyone. Just ask Tucker and Chelsea.

Comment

IMO they are both spoiled. How could they not be with their respective parents (don't get me started). Both are entitled to a certain degree, Abby however, far outreaches Summer - particularly since Abby seems to think that she's entitled to everything and also entitled if that's the proper use of the word to get into everybody's face about other peoples business. Not a fan of either of the princesses although Summer use to be o.k. Haven't had any use for Abby in years don't have a DVR anymore so she's mostly on mute.

Comment

Originally posted by couplingchick View Post
                      • I don’t see it... when Abby was Summers age she was just as so called “ spoiled and entitled “ absolutely no difference whatsoever. Abby is supposed to be quite a bit older and more mature at this point but she imo is way more vapid and self involved than Summer is. Also it’s never been explained why Abby suddenly hates her own niece ... it makes no sense. Out of the two characters and given their past history it’s SUMMER who should hate her own older aunt Abby still IMO...after all it was aunt Abby who slept with Summers husband ... not the other way around. I personally feel like Abby’s sudden hate for her own niece was purely a plot point for her to look good and gain points with the new Rosales family that was shoved down our throats last year... Abby and Lola suddenly becoming best friends came at the cost of Abby for no reason explained, turning on her own niece Summer. To this day I’m still waiting on an explanation why not only Abby but Mariah are so hateful to Summer when imo Summer doesn’t go out of her way to be catty with them the way they do with her ... to me that always makes Abby and Mariah who are supposed to be older than Summer looks like the more immature mean girls on the show.
                      Just because Abby is Summer's aunt doesn't mean she owes her anything or they are destined to get along. What happened with Austin was such a long time ago and many things have happened since then that have determined why Abby and Summer weren't close. I can see why Abby doesn't like Summer because Summer does not spend a lot of time trying to maintain friendships. She tends to make enemies not friends. She has been more focused on her love life than her family or friends. This is why I believe Summer and Abby have fallen out rather than what happened with Austin.

Abby's friendship with Lola formed naturally and it's a genuine real lovely friendship which has helped Abby become a better person all around and I don't think it has anything to do with Summer and Abby's fallout nor did it come at the expense of her relationship with Summer as they weren't friends a long time before Lola arrived.

I can also understand why Mariah has never got along with Summer as they got off to a bad start, they both said some nasty and hurtful things to each other, and things never improved. I don't think they will ever really get along as they are far too different from each other.

Comment

• couplingchick
                        couplingchick commented
                        Editing a comment
                        We will just have to agree to disagree on this point because imo Summer has been no more focused on relationships with the opposite sex than her dear aunt Abby who I think has a higher man count than Summer in the last few years for sure. No matter how long ago it was the fact that Abby not only went after her own nieces husband but also Sharons boyfriend Scott later as well shouldn’t be overlooked ... I would hope that selfish attitude that makes Abby feel entitled to other women's men is something she’s grown out of but that doesn’t mean Summer should 100% forgive her and I guess my point was if you look at their messy past this gives Summer very much a reason to still hate her aunt but imo she has tried to move on but Abby for some reason has a chip on her shoulder ... the writing doesn’t make any sense and was never explained why Abby is so mean to her own niece. The Mariah connection as well makes no sense... if you talk about Mariah and Summer getting off on a bad foot you have to include Abby in there as well because Abby was even more mean girl and nasty to Mariah than Summer ever was... so again it makes no sense that Abby not only hates Summer all of a sudden but also throw in the fact that her and Mariah are such good friends and are all BFF’s with the latest cook in town from Miami and you have one massive rewrite imo that makes no sense. I can believe that Lola and Mariah May have had an organic friendship but adding in spoiled rich girl Abby and the threesome makes absolutely zero sense and to me it is completely out of character writing.

• CouchCruisin'
                        CouchCruisin' commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Co-signing couplingchick !! ... ...

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X