Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching classic shows makes me not look forward to the current stories

Am I the only one that is not looking forward to the current stories when the taping returns? I really want to feel excited about the show but there aren’t any good compelling stories to look forward to, this is my opinion. Hopefully this time off will give the writers time to rethink the current stories and come up with better stories. I really would love for Jack to finally get a happily ever after. Also, I simply can’t stand Phick, so I don’t watch them in the classic episodes knowing they are happy together currently, I just hate it.

I don’t love anything currently except for Theo and hopefully Lola and Abby and Chance.
    Sharons story is depressing. I too can’t stand Phick and I also detest Skyle. Jack needs to grow a pair at Jabot.
    Billy is a constant let down. Victoria is also a big baby demanding the CEO position. Seeing the old episodes reminds me that she used to have spunk. Adam is such a handsome guy, he needs to find something other than Newman to fulfill him.

Comment

I am loving the current Stories. I love Phyllis and I love Nick I just don't love them together though. I do love Nick and Phyllis's friendship though and I hope that never changes. I love that she has someone she can talk to about anything. I detest Theo and Lola so I don't care about them. Abby and Chance also are just horrible.

I am loving Jack right now and I absolutely love Kyle and Summer they have the history and the chemistry. I can't wait to watch more of them.

Comment

I love the current stories. I am sorry but the classics aren’t doing it for me. I cannot wait for the show to return.

Also, I read in another thread that the writers are furloughed as of 3/23 so they aren’t working now anyway. So it is likely they will move forward with the outlines and scripts already planned.

I like that Lily is back and not taking anything from Billy. Love Nate and Amanda together. Jack and Jill reconnecting. Victoria not be roadkill for Billy and her father. Sharon’s cancer story and I want to see Theo’s next move.
        bronxgal
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        Last edited by bronxgal; May 11, 2020, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Nick and Phyllis this go around are beyond great, so I'm loving that. I look forward to seeing them pick up where they left off. The rest of the show is a hard pass. I'm not sad about not seeing new episodes, as I understand the circumstances YR are under. However, while I like some of the reruns, I'm not THAT into it. Maybe half of them I've skipped, as they aired either before I was born or when I was very young. I simply struggle to connect with much of it. But I get why they show them, and I hope they do well in the ratings.

Comment

JG's version of Y&R is not a great drama. His characters are flat. He does not write stories, such situations.

Comment

I was looking forward to the classics, but I don't know--I'm just not feeling them. There's a nostalgia for the 90s stuff that I watched with my mom, but looking back it hasn't held up that well. At least not as well as I remembered.

I understand why they had to suspend taping BUT I'll be glad when the actors are back on set. I'm ready for new stories, as imperfect as they are.

Comment

I just enjoy watching classic episodes of the young and the restless on YouTube. That's enough for me. But when I watch this show on TV. I want it to be new episodes. I miss the new young and the restless. I'll be glad when this is virus is all over and they can go back to work.

Comment

Josh Griffith's writing is not exciting and it is not Y&R. I am thoroughly enjoying the classic episodes and I really wouldn't care if they started re-airing the show from the beginning. I would hate for the actors and cast to lose their jobs, but this is far better than anything of the past year.

Comment

I’m just loving the old shows. Just seeing Paul in that beautiful suit. There was class and style and beautiful hairdos. The sets were amazing. I so miss Mrs C. Jill was such a character (not that she isn’t now). I hope to see some old Adam as MM. I so miss him.

Comment

I feel bad to say this, but I hope these classic episodes go on for a very long time. very very long time. there isn't one single storyline I like form the current show, and I like so many from these classics. The shows were so good back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Chabby lover View Post
                        I am loving the current Stories. I love Phyllis and I love Nick I just don't love them together though. I do love Nick and Phyllis's friendship though and I hope that never changes. I love that she has someone she can talk to about anything. I detest Theo and Lola so I don't care about them. Abby and Chance also are just horrible.

I am loving Jack right now and I absolutely love Kyle and Summer they have the history and the chemistry. I can't wait to watch more of them.
                        I like many of the stories right now too. And I hope they go back to work very soon.

From a ratings standpoint the show lost nearly two million viewers already, so many have checked out and seem to prefer the new episodes.

As for it not being Y&R the Y&R that made you fall in love with the show is your Y&R. Whether you started with Bell, Pratt, Griffith.

Comment

The classic episodes are boring me silly. The ones with Jeanne Cooper just make me sad. I want to get back to the "good" stuff. :-)

Comment

I hit the FF through some of the scenes. I have seen the Nikki and Victor weddings through the years via flashbacks, plus watching when it aired so while I enjoyed seeing everyone at the wedding, I did not watch the vows again.

The one thing that is striking to me is the number of good size sets. Example, Christine's office in yesterday's show. Also, the two day players that Michael visited (judges / lawyers) and the HR rep the other day. The show doesn't seem to do this anymore. It doesn't even use the recurring characters either (Paul, I am looking at you).

It might just be a sign of how long Victor has been on the show but he is not longer menacing. Victor was very intense in the conversation with Christine about Michael.

Comment

I find the current classic ancient and outdated but the current episodes are awfully boring . YR desperately needs to be rejuvenated. Throw everything out the couple and stories and start over.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X