Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you describe Summer and Phyllis' and Phyllis and Daniel' relationship?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you describe Summer and Phyllis' and Phyllis and Daniel' relationship?

Since Phyllis consistently do questionable things, she has been in odds with her kids. I guess in some ways similar to Victor.
    She had her ups and downs with Daniel. Do you think she learned from her experiences?
    How do you describe her relationship with Summer?

Needy she needs her kids because she wants the father its been her mo since the start.. Daniel and her grand daughter are no use to her anymore since Danny is gone so she has totally forgotten them.

Comment

Phyllis relationship with her kids has been pretty good. She has been a good mother to Summer and I do think she was a good mother to Daniel also. She loves her children. I have noticed that. It has nothing to do with their father she loves her kids.

Comment

• Chris
        Chris
        Board Regular
        Chris commented
        Editing a comment
        She didn't even raise Daniel. They may have a good relationship now, but she's never been a mother to him.

Phyllis’ relationship with her children is in no way similar to Victor. IMO

Victor has been controlling and destructive when he lectures how he knows best how Vicki , Nick and Adam should live their lives.

Victor had Victoria arrested on her wedding day. He had Billy thrown in jail in a foreign country. He hired Chelsea to ensure that Billy was put away for a long time. The guy only showed a small glimpse of a heart when Delia was ill and needed Billy. And, not to mention all the mind games with Newman.

Nick has been in Victor’s crosshairs too. He destroyed his chances to expand his clubs with Noah. And he has tried to put Vicki and Nick against each other.

Victor hasn’t done Adam any favors either because he fans the flames in Adam’s relationship with his siblings.

Phyllis doesn’t pit Daniel and Summer against each other. Phyllis doesn’t like that Summer is in a relationship with Kyle but she doesn’t spend her days trying to break them up. She fought like hell to protect Daniel from Daisy.

i think Phyllis is supportive of both of her children.
      DallasGal
      Aspiring soap scribe
      Last edited by DallasGal; May 10, 2020, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Despite all her flaws, Phyllis does try her best with her children, no matter how misguided she may be at times. I have never doubted she loves her children. Comparing her to Victor is an insult, to be honest. Victor is controlling, and quite honestly, I wonder If he sees his children as extensions of himself.

Victor has had his children arrested for false crimes, as interfering in his children's romantic relationships, and has done inexcusable things to their partners, whether they were the targets or were caught in the crossfire. He's also caused Victoria to have a miscarriage (I believe it was her fourth one, first one with Billy as he had her arrested on their first wedding day).

To be fair, I can't recall if Phyllis did anything to any of Daniel's girlfriends, I know she hated Amber but I think, at worst she was only ever rude and immature with her.

Comment

Originally posted by Chatty Cakes
          Phyllis hasn’t been a very good mom. She really hurt Daniel with the lie about his paternity. He really doesn’t care for her very much.
          She also did a poor job on Summer. Not knowing who her daddy was but Phyllis wanted it to be Nick so that’s what she went with even though Summer was going to get with her brother Kyle, Also Summer has poor self esteem letting Billy use her for sex and Kyle for a liver donation and after all that she went running back to Kyle. A healthy girl wouldn’t want him.
          Daniel moved in with Phyllis so they could bond. He was actually upset with Danny for lying about his paternity. Daniel is the one who researched the best facility to give Phyllis a chance at recovery from the coma. He moved her to Georgia to be near him. This isn't the actions of a son that really doesn't care for her.

There was a paternity test for Summer that Nick lied about. It was Nick who wanted Summer so badly that he could not bear to find out the results so he never read the results and told Phyllis he was the father. In later years it was Sharon who altered the paternity test to show that Jack was Summer's father. Sharon hurt Nick by taking Summer away from him (per se) and hurting Jack by letting him believe that Summer was his. He agonized over the lost years. This was not on Phyllis.

Comment

• thecourt99
            thecourt99
            Aspiring soap scribe
            thecourt99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Daniel was upset with Danny for lying about his paternity because of how Phyllis twisted the story. Phyllis was the one to tell Daniel, and she told him in a way that made it seem that Danny only wanted Daniel so that he could be with Christine and keep Phyllis out of his life. Phyllis never told Daniel what she did. When Danny told him, Daniel's emotions had already taken over. That's why he was mad at Danny. Phyllis really manipulated Daniel.

• DallasGal
            DallasGal
            Aspiring soap scribe
            DallasGal commented
            Editing a comment
            @thecourt99

The scenes were just shown last week in the classics. Phyllis told Daniel that she got pregnant and told Danny that the baby his child. She told Daniel that she lied to Danny about the paternity. Phyllis told Daniel that she knew Danny would be a great father to him.

• JBB1974
            JBB1974
            Aspiring soap scribe
            JBB1974 commented
            Editing a comment
            She left out the part where she drugged Danny and made him think they slept together. She also left out the part where she tampered with the results. That's more than just lying. She also lied saying her and Danny fell for eachother. And if I recall it was Joanie that was more of a Mother to Daniel than Phyllis was. Why would a Woman who wasn't working need a fulltime Nanny?

For all of Phyllis flaws, she is a good parent. Even though I believe she manipulated Daniel early on, I think her relationship with Daniel changed over the years for the better. I can understand the confusion about her relationship with Summer given that Summer returned hating her mother (we still don't know why), and trying to sleep with Billy (again...don't know why). Outside of that blip though, Phyllis has a great relationship with Summer.

Comment

• DallasGal
            DallasGal
            Aspiring soap scribe
            DallasGal commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with you about Summer's odd behavior when she returned from Dubai (was that where she was?). She came home with a chip on her shoulders and it seemed to always be directed at Phyllis which is what was the only explanation for her to go after Billy.

When JG started writing, Summer went back to how she was in the past. Summer never tired to seduce Kyle after he married Lola. She didn't wear revealing clothes at the office or trick him into staying late to on some bogus work project. She was still in love with Kyle but she wasn't actively trying to break up that marriage by pulling a bunch of shenanigans to discredit Lola.

I wish they would bring back Daniel even if they have to recast. Lucy could be a friend/enemy of Faith or a new love interest if they bring back Maddy and Charlie.

Comment

One thing I'll always remember and give Phyllis credit for is when she fought to get custody of Lucy after Billy bought her on the black market. Daniel protested that he didn't want to be a father, but Phyllis knew her son would change his mind, and lo and behold, he did just that. Thanks to Phyllis, Daniel is raising his daughter, not the child's psycho mother or the degenerate that bought her. All in all, Phyllis is a good mother who fights damn hard for her children (and grandchildren).
            ​​​​​​

Comment

• Chatty Cakes
              Chatty Cakes
              Recurring Poster
              Chatty Cakes commented
              Editing a comment
              That was one of Phyllis’s better moments. Billy was desperate to get Victoria a baby to help her heal after a miscarriage so he bought one. Phyllis was looking out for Daniel.
              The funny thing is later Billy and Victoria had their baby girl and it certainly didn’t help them as a couple.

Her relationship with Daniel literally defines much of what makes Phyllis Phyllis. A protector, a fearless fighter, a deep limitless love. Much of her vulnerability and insecurity can be traced back to her son being taken away from her. I WISH Daniel would come back. He brought out so much good in her. So much of what I love and identify with.

Summer is different. I think with the fast SORAS, the recast situation, the botched writing for the Phyllis/Summer relationship, it's hard to pin down. Summer had a lot of resentment for her mother when she slept with Billy and when she took the side of Victor during the Marco situation, which was never properly addressed. They just glossed over it and moved on. I guess I could say that Summer represents seeing some of own negative traits manifesting in her kid. IDK. I do hope that the relationship gets better focus.

Comment

I still think she is needy and she used her kids when ever it suited her needs of getting a man. I even remember her having a boyfriend and telling lil Daniel to call him daddy so Danny Sr would hear it and try and make him jealous. She is a user .

Comment

• DallasGal
                DallasGal
                Aspiring soap scribe
                DallasGal commented
                Editing a comment
                Danny won custody of Daniel as a toddler and they moved out of Genoa City. I thought he was SOARS'd to a teenager when he was back in GC. Who was the boyfriend?

• rockgirl
                rockgirl
                Senior Board Member
                rockgirl commented
                Editing a comment
                I can't be sure, but I think Juniors farm is referring to Tim Reid the psychiatrist who Phyllis had an affair with while she was married to Danny. I can remember there was a man that Phyllis was trying to get Daniel to call Daddy. It may have been him or someone else but I can't remember.

It appears to be estranged.

Comment

I've always found Phyllis relationship with her kids to be strained. She wants to be all mumma bear with them, but they don't seem comfortable with it.

Comment

Originally posted by DepecheMode_Fan View Post
                  One thing I'll always remember and give Phyllis credit for is when she fought to get custody of Lucy after Billy bought her on the black market. Daniel protested that he didn't want to be a father, but Phyllis knew her son would change his mind, and lo and behold, he did just that. Thanks to Phyllis, Daniel is raising his daughter, not the child's psycho mother or the degenerate that bought her. All in all, Phyllis is a good mother who fights damn hard for her children (and grandchildren).
                  ​​​​​​
                  Didn't she bail Daisy out of jail after she basically raped Daniel?

Comment

• DallasGal
                    DallasGal
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    DallasGal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes Phyllis did that but if I recall correctly it was a necessary step to protect Daniel's little girl (Lucy) from that psycho Daisy. I think Phyllis referenced this yesterday (albeit quickly) to either Avery or Nick.

I like Phyliss depending on the day and story. One thing I cant deny about her is her love for her children. Her relationship with Daniel was very sweet. The fact that she can look Summer in the face and hug her, after Summer pursued and slept with her man, to me shows how much she loves that girl. I know she spent Summer's trust fund but to this day I cant figure out this disdain Summer has for Phyliss, Phyliss may not be perfect but she has tried to be a good mother and for soaps I would consider her a good mom.

Comment

• DallasGal
                    DallasGal
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    DallasGal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, and the show yesterday displayed Daniel's love for his mom. .

I always find it entertaining when the children disapprove of their parents choices (Nick and Phyllis reunited) but think that everyone show be thrilled with theirs (Summer and Kyle).

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X