Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Y&R continue with where they left or move on to new stories

I think Y&R has an amazing opportunity ahead of them. They can either continue with existing stories OR move on the new stories without wrapping the existing one. By the time they get into the studio and produce these show, airing them might be June or July. So the life would we be technically moved on. If they are wise, I say move on and come up with compelling new stories. Especially after seeing the old gems again, as audience we would be spoiled. The current stories might not be drawing back us in or comparatively they might look and feel weaker. I am all about restructuring to strengthen Y&R.

What are your thoughts? Do you want them to continue or start with new stories?

By what I read of California's reopening they probably won't be back in the studio until July, maybe August. With that I see no way to just pick up where they left off. You can't just go from spring one day & then fall the next day. They will have to do a small time jump, especially to accommodate the holiday's. Honestly I'd love to just see them start fresh with new stories lines & add some flashbacks to how they got there in the jump for maybe the first 3-6 months.

Comment

They should pick up where they left off and continue They left off in a pretty good place. There are no seasons or dates mentioned on the show during this time of year.

Also, there was another post, since deleted, that apparently the writers have been furloughed since March 23 if true they have not been working. The. have at least have six weeks of scripts ready to go. And they just need to adjust for new guidelines. Because I would bet that there would be a two week/three week max turnaround from filming to air.

As far as the classics about 1.7 million viewers down from the current show, so that is obviously a portion of the audience who is happy with the a show as it is.

Finally, it is the same writing staff even if they came up with new stories most here would probably complain anyway. The style of writing is not going to change.
      bronxgal
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      Last edited by bronxgal; May 8, 2020, 01:58 PM.

Comment

I hope they continue with the stories they have going on. The stories that were going on where they left off were great so far. I would love for them to continue on. I would not mind much of a time jump

I would love for a time jump where
        Kyle and Summer are getting married

Phyllis met someone new and she has fallen in love again

Lola moved to Miami to work at her restaurant and run it. She left with Theo with her.

Kyle and Summer are still doing great at their jobs. Kyle is a great boss and Summer runs her own department within Jabot

Mariah and Tessa are still happy together

Abby's hotel failed and she is looking for work.

Phyllis's hotel is running great under phyllis command.

Chance and Abby did not work out he realized he could do better

Chabby lover
        Contract Poster
        Last edited by Chabby lover; May 8, 2020, 10:08 PM.

Comment

I don't care about any of the current s/l's except for Sharon's cancer story. I would like to see that one continue.

Comment

YR is in desperate need of a time jump with flashbacks/dialog to fill in the gaps.

Comment

I liked where the show left off and want to see what happens next in real time not through flashbacks. The Days time jump was a disaster. I don't want to see it on YR.

They have 6 weeks of scripts that will need tweaking for Covid-19 realities but I don't think they will spend the money to completely start over with a time jump, nor should they. There wasn't any reference to seasons in the final weeks before filming stopped so it can easily pick up with summer or fall. And they are going to want to hit the ground running as soon as it's safe to film. Unless they un-furlough the staff right now, they can't do a complete rewrite and start filming in June/July. And they aren't going to be writing for free. So each redone outline, breakdown and script is money out of the budget. It's just not practical or economically feasible.

Comment

Agree with Pink that they'll do a time jump to get back on schedule before the holidays. I think they'll build off of existing scripts, maybe abandon some ideas that never got off the ground. They can use dialogue, newly created flashbacks and narration from cast members to fill in the blanks.

Comment

It would be great if they ditched ALL the current stories and started writing DECENT, NEW stories that accentuated the characters, rather than plot devices that go nowhere.

Comment

I would love for them to continue on with the current stories. I am very interested to see what happens next.

Comment

I think a small time jump would be appropriate.
                      What would be cool imo:
                      -Adam back at Newman working for Victoria.
                      -Mariah and Kyle having an affair behind Tessa’s back.
                      -Sharon is cancer free after a short battle. Mia returns to Genoa City and tells Rey the baby is his after all. They let Mia and the baby stay with them.
                      - Theo is head of a department at Chancellor. He is doing well but also doing stuff to sabotage Jabot.
                      - Nick and Lily are having a passionate fling. They keep promising to end it but can’t stop.
                      -Summer was texting and driving and accidentally hit Phyllis. Phyllis is in a coma and Summer is legless in a wheelchair in prison.
                      -Jack has remarried a beautiful woman but he doesn’t know it’s Patty with a new face.
                      - Jill and Jack are in each other’s orbits.
                      - Victor and Nikki are temporarily raising Christian and Conner in an effort to give them a better brotherly start.
                      - Lola is running Society for Abby and is dating Noah Newman. She did have sex with Theo though and now isn’t sure who the father of her baby is.
                      - Hilary and Nate are engaged but she is having an affair with Billy. Elena finds out.
                      - Chelsea is arrested on a laundry list of fraudulent charges. She goes to prison and defends a legless Summer from being roughed up.
                      - Devon and Elena are planning the wedding of the decade.
                      -Abby and Chance are also planning the wedding of a decade and arguing with Devon and Elena.
                      Chatty Cakes
                      Recurring Poster
                      Last edited by Chatty Cakes; May 8, 2020, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Sara_in_BC
                        Sara_in_BC
                        Executive Poster
                        Sara_in_BC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They definitely need to explore Lily and Nick. Bring back the twins age advance Faith.

I'd like to see Theo and Victoria. Maybe she hires him for Newman and he does really well.

• BrAk5742
                        BrAk5742
                        Senior Board Member
                        BrAk5742 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The line about Summer/ Phyllis...

Hum it is not like the writers will come up with better story

Comment

Yes and no. Aside from Sharon's Cancer storyline, everything else is lackluster or boring. I think a time-jump could revitalize things. That said, I don't completely trust JG to come up with better storylines. I know he is capable of it, and there are other factors that dictate storylines (ex: Executive meddling/interference), but I have been more impressed and eager to watch the classic episodes than what has been shown in present time.

Comment

• mt0708
                          mt0708
                          Day Player
                          mt0708 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          My plan is to leave the last of the Pre-COVID 19 hiatus episodes on my DVR to see where they’re at.

They can't realistically or logically just abandon the cliff hangers they left us with. If they do that then it's Bobby's shower from Dallas all over again. (dating myself here but google it if you don't know) So for example, Sharon still has cancer and needs surgery- that can't go away- and there needs to be realistic fallout from the Adam/Victor murder storyline. BUT, they can certainly quickly wrap some stories up or change direction on some. Things could certainly be sped up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Chocolatelover7 View Post
                          They can't realistically or logically just abandon the cliff hangers they left us with. If they do that then it's Bobby's shower from Dallas all over again. (dating myself here but google it if you don't know) So for example, Sharon still has cancer and needs surgery- that can't go away- and there needs to be realistic fallout from the Adam/Victor murder storyline. BUT, they can certainly quickly wrap some stories up or change direction on some. Things could certainly be sped up a bit.
                          That was it from major story , no ? The other story had not really started Billy and Lily new business venture or had much in it Kyle/Summer/Theo/lola ----Phyllis/Abby

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X