Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who told Sharon about Nick/Phyllis affair?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who told Sharon about Nick/Phyllis affair?

Since they are showing old episodes I was wondering if someone could answer this question for me.

Sharon does not know however I find it appalling that Nick can reunite with Phyllis and have zero care to how Sharon would react yet Sharon spent all of last summer denying her feelings for Adam because she was worried what Nick, The Newmans and the rest of GC would think about her. Why is it OK for Nick to be blissfully in lust with Phyllis all over GC when she is the equivalent of Adam and no one bats an eye and yet JG had Sharon spazzing out at the mere thought of Nick's reaction. She is a grown woman in her 40s and it's absolutely pathetic and every bit mysognistic that she allows Nicholas who has no say in her life whatsoever to continue to dictate whom she spends her life with. The writing for Sharon is horrible.

Comment

I meant when they first hooked up after Cassie's death sorry.

Comment

Sharon started putting pieces together and figured it out herself... It's been so long I forgot how Sharon started figuring it out. She basically lured Nick into a hotel pretending to be Phyllis and that's when she confronted him about the affair.

Comment

I forgot who told her, but the pieces came together after a shopping trip with Phyllis (turns out that they weren't shopping together). Phyllis was buying lingerie for her next tryst with Nick. Again, I don't recall the details, but when Sharon lured Nick, she was wearing the same lingerie that she saw Phyllis buy.

Phyllis was bold AF.
          Last edited by thecourt99; May 8, 2020, 04:21 PM. Reason: My memory failed me, so I made an update.

Comment

• Nancy T
            Nancy T commented
            Editing a comment
            Phyllis had a lot of nerve didn't she. Buying lingerie for her tryst with Nick while shopping with his wife.

• thecourt99
            thecourt99 commented
            Editing a comment
            nancyt Yes she did. Phyllis had dinner with Sharon and Nick as a family, and tried to play footsie with Nick under the dinner table.

• Doe
            Doe commented
            Editing a comment
            I will never forget that footsie scene. I wanted to reach into my TV and strangle Phyllis.

Phyllis and Daniel even went over and had dinner with Nick, Sharon and Noah (who was a pre-teen). Daniel and Noah were becoming close and they had forgiven Daniel for his part in Cassie's death.

I don't remember how she put the pieces together, but her confronting Nick wearing that lingerie was EPIC. Daniel catching Nick and Phyllis too was amazing. Great stuff.
          Last edited by *BackstreetGem*; May 8, 2020, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• Patricklover77
            Patricklover77 commented
            Editing a comment
            I found that scene on Youtube it was great and Nick just stood there dumbfounded especially when she said somebody else had worn that outfit and he was like who and she said "PHYLLIS" Nick looked like a deer caught in headlights.

I remember it was a series of clues Sharon picked up on. I think one was a figurine of the see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil monkees that Phyllis gave Nick. I also remember Lauren showing Sharon her wedding pictures because Sharon missed her wedding to Michael which was the same night the Phick affair started which may have shown Nick and Phyllis together, and Sharon picked a lingerie set that Lauren mentioned Phyllis had also bought. I do remember Sharon wearing the lingerie to confront Nick. It was good drama and clever how she put the pieces together. Sadly, I can only remember pieces though.

Comment

• agtr
            agtr commented
            Editing a comment
            Nick and Sharon wasn't living as husband and wife, they had let the death of Cassie come between them. They were not able to console and comfort one another. They let her death come between them.

I think Sharon found some receipt for loungerie or something I remember Sharon buying the exact outfit Phyllis had and invited nick to a hotel room and that's how she told Nick she knew.

Comment

• thecourt99
            thecourt99 commented
            Editing a comment
            So they didn't go shopping together? For some reason, I recall them shopping together for the lingerie.

• fracabell
            fracabell commented
            Editing a comment
            maybe the shopping was it, I don't 100% remember. I think during that time I used to record Y&R and watch it when I was getting ready for work in the AM. my bedroom at that time had the bathroom and the mirror was in such a way I could see the tv, and hear it well. my bedroom now that doesn't work at all. I really hated the ick affair so may not have paid much attention. it was pretty awful how Phyllis could go near Sharon knowing she was doing her husband. but that's Phyllis for you.

• rockgirl
            rockgirl commented
            Editing a comment
            All I can remember about that scene was Phyllis was shopping for lingerie and Sharon bumped into her while she was getting it. Phyllis was trying to hide it but Sharon was curious and asked her about it and Phyllis lied through her teeth about what and who it was for.

She didn't have the guts to tell a grieving mother she was sleeping with her husband. I'm happy that at least Sharon turned it around on them and busted Nick out later with identical lingerie.

How many times did Nick cheat on Sharon with Phyllis? Have to be quite a few. Seems he always had an
          excuse.

Comment

• thecourt99
            thecourt99 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've seen this question and am not really sure bow to respond. Nick and Sharon were together for 10 real years and during those years they cheated on each other. This was before Phyllis entered their relationship. During these years, Phyllis was using Daniel to get Danny away from Christine. Now, once Cassie died, there was a fissure created in the Shick world that couldn't be repaired, which can happen when a couple lose a child. Blame turns into resentment and because of the blame, they mourned with other people and not with each other. Phyllis and Nick's affair was different from the others, but even in that difference, Nick had decided to stop the affair and work on his relationship with Sharon. It ended once he found out that Phyllis was pregnant. At the time, Nick took a paternity test to prove that he was the father (only he saw the results). In future years, the story was written to say that the test was inconclusive, but he chose Phyllis because he didn't want lo lose another child. By the way - this made me extremely angry because it changed the lore of Shick for me. It's one thing to say that Nick had a child with another woman and Sharon couldn't bear it. It's another think to say that Nick wasn't sure that the child was his and wanted to claim it anyway, even if it meant losing Sharon. That said, I'm not sure how many times he slept with Phyllis while married to Sharon in this period.

After that, he was with Phyllis and cheated on her. There were a few times that he would get close to being with Sharon, but they were usually thwarted by Phyllis. He cheated on Phyllis this last time. And I recall another time where there was a Shick reunion that ended because Summer was sick and Nick needed to support Phyllis. So, he cheated on Sharon with Phyllis often and during different time periods.

I think she also got a hold of Nick's phone bill.

Comment

I honestly don't see why people still ship for Shick. Sharon and Brad were developing but at least Sharon tried to show restraint and try to work things out with Nick. I remember Nick being so cold to Sharon during this time and this was just a few months after Cassie's death. What was even lower was that Nick was boinking the mother of the son that indirectly caused Cassie's death. I know Daniel didn't put a gun to Cassie's head to drive the car with him in it but it still added salt to the wound when Sharon found out. Then when Phyllis was pregnant he didn't even care to check the paternity test to see if he was the actual father of Summer for YEARS. Yeah I want Sharon far away from him because she can do better!
            Last edited by Carjack4ever; May 8, 2020, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• KendallSam
              KendallSam commented
              Editing a comment
              Sharon found comfort in Brother in Law Brad's arms. Poor Vikki, Sharon slept with her husband. The crazy thing is Sharon (and I) were surprised when Brad said he wasn't going to leave Vikki for Sharon.

I liked Sharon with Brad!

• thecourt99
              thecourt99 commented
              Editing a comment
              I still ship for the original Shick. Nick treated Sharon horribly in the aftermath of Cassie's death, but at the time, I saw it as his pain. Nick was off with Phyllis, but Sharon was entertaining Brad. Sharon was confiding in Brad because Nick wasn't there (Sharon really didn't have friends and I don't think that the friendship with Dru had materialized yet - not sure about that), and Nick was with Phyllis because he wanted to avenge Cassie's death. I recall the early years of Nick and Phyllis' relationship and how he continued celebrating his anniversary with Sharon after being married to Phyllis. It was one of the reasons why Phyllis and Nick had to keep remarrying and restarting their relationship. Nick could not let Sharon go. My young self saw that as true love. When the newer writers chose to put daggers in their relationship was when I decided that I didn't want them back together at all. I hated seeing Nick bash Sharon for things that he forgave his other women for doing. It was also the time that Sharon was the town pariah and after she married Victor who was her father figure up to that point? I was done. I stepped away from the show too. I still get mad thinking about how great of a relationship Sharon had with Victor and how amazing it could have remained...but nope. Some idiot had to have them marry and change the entire trajectory of their relationship. I broke my own rule and let myself fall for them this last time. When Nick slept with Phyllis again....Ugh. So now, I never want to see them together again. I am happy with the memories of how they were.

Originally posted by thecourt99 View Post
            I forgot who told her, but the pieces came together after a shopping trip with Phyllis. She was out with Phyllis while Phyllis was buying lingerie for her next tryst with Nick. Again, I don't recall the details, but when Sharon lured Nick, she was wearing the same lingerie that she saw Phyllis buy.

Phyllis was bold AF.
            The bold is incorrect. Phyllis was at Fenmores buying lingerie, by herself, then Sharon popped up behind her, and asked her if she had a sexy night planned. Sharon then started asking a bunch of questions as she thought Jack and Phyllis reunited, and she was curious. Phyllis awkwardly tried to get out of that conversation.

Then Sharon and Nick had a meal together where they were discussing something business-related regarding Jack and the tension with Phyllis and his mom, which led to her stating that Phylis and Jack have a hot night planned because she was buying lingerie. Nick asked if she said that. Sharon said no, but it had to be for Jack. Nick was then jealous, after Phyllis canceled plans with him, as Jack was having a crisis.

Comment

• thecourt99
              thecourt99 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for the correction on that.

Reliving/hearing about the Phylliss and Nick affair is still stomach turning to me. Sharon( and others) have cheated and hurt people but they own up to their mistakes & try to be better people & are reminded about their mistakes(constantly). Nick is never made to own up to his mistakes and he nevers grows(be better person). He is similar to Victor, who also seldom own up to the hurt he causes.

The writers need stop trying to whitewash Phick as this pure and wonderful love story. This recap of their history, shows it was a nasty ass hurtful disgusting affair. IMO

Comment

• KendallSam
              KendallSam commented
              Editing a comment
              thecourt99 I really wanted Nick to pay for Summer's paternity cover up.

All the women usually get slammed for changing paternity results but not Nick. Nick got a storyline where Phyllis "had" to help cover for him because of Summer growing close to Kyle.

Phyllis mad for like an hour. Jack might have gotten a scene. Sharon was the scape goat that got Nick off the hook.

I learned Nick would never be held accountable for what he does and will forever get to look down on his two remaining ex wives.

• YoungandBold91
              YoungandBold91 commented
              Editing a comment
              I think Sharon got Phyllis back before she actually slept with Nick. The vault scene, her calling Nick, Nick finding excuses just to be near her.

I saw that affair as karma. Yes, it was wrong, but it wasn't, especially if the used-to-be mistress didn't give 2 damns about her marriage, yet expected her to give respect for hers.

Phyllis slept with a married man, whom she spent MONTHS hating. 8 months after Cassie's death, she buried the hatchet and decided to go sleep with him.

Sharon was slammed for being pissed about Nick cheating on her. What woman on that show is going to be like, "I have no room to get mad at you for being unfaithful when I've cheated myself."?

Hell, no woman in real life would do that. They'd do the opposite (Mostly).

In all the times she's cheated, not once did she pop up pregnant with the man's baby.

Can't say the same thing about St. Nick. He's still protected by the writers. Phick are still glorified as if it was right for them to do what they did, yet it's the end of the world when Sharon talks to another man and catches feelings for him, kissing him/taking off her engagement ring.

Shick have been written this way before, during, and after their marriage. Nick cheats, Nikki and Victoria just shrug it off. Sharon cheated/lied, they wanted to kill her because she hurt him.

It's always been said that Sharon's always excused for the stuff she pulled. Yes, by her fans, but NEVER on the show. The Newmans and everyone else who can't stand her never missed an opportunity to throw her rap sheet in her face and she hasn't let loose on any one of those hypocrites in the way she should.

She just stands there, letting them berate her. She never held back from speaking her mind and dishing out insults and that was Bell's era.

After Maria Bell/Jill Faren Phelps/Josh Griffith/Pratt's trashy regimes, she was reduced to a groveling, apologetic mess.

She apologized for Nick's lie about Summer, Sage's lie about Christian and Nikki/Victoria's secret about JT.

She was expected to be sorry for everything she did. She didn't get one apology from Victor for him making her relive her trauma about Cassie, or using her mental health history to keep her away from caring for Christian.

Their motto is, "We can stomp on your toes and you better deal with it, but don't think that you can step on ours."

• YoungandBold91
              YoungandBold91 commented
              Editing a comment
              thecourt99 The outrage was because of Sharon outing Nick while Faith/Christian were in the room. Phyllis was once again blameless, as she always is, because her stans don't want to hold her accountable, just Nick.

Nick still couldn't stay away from Sharon thought.

Comment

• KendallSam
              KendallSam commented
              Editing a comment
              Nick won't stop cheating.

When with Avery, Sage and Chelsea he forgot all about Sharon and Phyllis and talked crap about his crazy ex wives.

• RestlessFan
              RestlessFan commented
              Editing a comment
              KendallSam, great post. Who was also at great fault, it is Nick. He did not do his husband duty to grieve properly for Cassie, instead, he fled his wife, Sharon and 10 year old son, and did not stick around. Which is the reason why, I grew to love Dylan for Sharon.

• thecourt99
              thecourt99 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nick couldn't stay away from women. For all of the flack that Sharon gets (and deserves), Nick is a serial cheater and he isn't called out on it enough.

Originally posted by Carjack4ever View Post
            I honestly don't see why people still ship for Shick. Sharon and Brad were developing but at least Sharon tried to show restraint and try to work things out with Nick. I remember Nick being so cold to Sharon during this time and this was just a few months after Cassie's death. What was even lower was that Nick was boinking the mother of the son that indirectly caused Cassie's death. I know Daniel didn't put a gun to Cassie's head to drive the car with him in it but it still added salt to the wound when Sharon found out. Then when Phyllis was pregnant he didn't even care to check the paternity test to see if he was the actual father of Summer for YEARS. Yeah I want Sharon far away from him because she can do better!
            And that last bit was one of the biggest nails in the coffin for Shick for me. Nick knew for years that Summer might not have been his and let everyone believe the paternity test was conclusive when it wasn't.....then icing on the cake was that instead of Nick getting raked over the coals for his lie and having it thrown in his face constantly, Sharon is the one who gets thrown under the bus for the Summer paternity switch and Nick came out scot free and a victim.

Also - did Sharon and Brad have a full blown affair? I recall them flirting and I think making out in a car once....

But to the originally topic, Sharon confronting Nick is one of the best scenes in my history of viewing Y&R. The other is when Nick and Phyllis have the epic blowout over his affair with Sharon. The Shick vs. Phick days were good.

Comment

• YoungandBold91
              YoungandBold91 commented
              Editing a comment
              I may be in the minority here, but how's it odd to see why Shick are still shipped even after all the crap they've done to one another?

How are Phick still wanted to be together after the blackmail/Dru, Nick sleeping with Sharon twice, Diane, and Avery?

Phyllis was throwing around threats and insults at her, expecting Nick to stay away from her, yet it was fair enough for her to do her dirty under the guise of, "You don't see her for the tramp she is."

Nick allowed Phyllis to trash Sharon. He was scared of her reaction. If I were a man, no way in hell would I let my wife (Who was my mistress at one point) go around throwing dirt on my ex just because she's tired of her being in the middle of our marriage.

One way or another, Sharon was in that marriage. It wasn't on purpose, not like Phyllis when she decided that Nick was fair enough to do behind her back, right?

Nick destroyed his marriage so he could have another child, and that was okay. The issue I have is the way Sharon was treated once the Summer paternity test fiasco came out.

All of a sudden, Sharon detested Summer? A child who still isn't proven to be Nick's bio child at all and he only claimed her because he felt in his heart that she belonged to him?

He said so himself when Phyllis confronted him about it - "I couldn't bear to lose another daughter." and that was it. Yet, it's denied and denied that Nick didn't see her as a substitute for Cassie, as if she didn't matter anymore since Shick's marriage ended.

Nick always gets his way. Faith, Summer, and Christian. Jack let Victor scare him away from getting his own test taken. Victor would've been livid had Jack had gotten his own test done and he made it sound like he was the fool for wanting Summer to be his.

Maybe it's because of the fact that he suffered a string of losses. He lost his baby he would've had with Nikki and the baby he would've had with Phyllis. After all, Victor was responsible for Nikki losing her baby (I don't know if he was, but Jack placed blame on him for it).
              Last edited by YoungandBold91; May 10, 2020, 03:06 PM.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X