Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mariem202
    commented on 's reply
    Because the show needs characters like Adam, characters the fans either adore or hate and gets everyone buzzing. The Adam vs Newmans episodes the last few months have been among the rare ones to get over 4 million viewers. Phyllis has no friends either, should she leave? I don't get that mentality. Every show needs a troublemaker, Every soap has them as main characters. They so needed Adam, they tried to make Nick him when he was gone.

• not so young
    commented on 's reply
    Agree about the varied economic background. I think this help make the show relatable.

• leehaven24
    replied
    Yes, the writing was amazing, but the acting was too! Our Actors brought it every day. I think our actors would LOVE some great stories to tell.

Leave a comment:

• DOOLWill
    commented on 's reply
    I totally agree. Y&R always had characters from different socio-economic backgrounds, young and old. This continued till early 2000s and then it was gone.

• ncposton
    replied
    One thing I noticed watching the classic episodes is not everyone is rich, and I liked seeing inclusion of characters from across the economic scale.

Leave a comment:

• littleliz
    replied
    I know the sets were spectacular but what keeps me glued to the old Y&R is the writing. That is what is missing
    from the shows and the actors are mature and not the routine millennials. Their love lives are more interesting
    to me.

Leave a comment:

• thecourt99
    commented on 's reply
    They changed because the audience changed as other soaps were cancelled. Then they found that they changed too much, and began losing their base. They haven't been able to blend what they used to be with what they want to be.

• Artista
    replied
    Hands down, YR is the suck nowadays. No wonder soaps are in trouble. YR made the mistake of changing up something that definitely didn't need fixing. The good ole days. I would love to watch again from the first epi.

Leave a comment:

• bronxgal
    replied
    Originally posted by janesBydiction View Post
    I'm going to go a little against the grain here. I honestly wasn't into a lot of it. The weird facial closeups, the extremely loud melodramatic music, the slow dialogue, the dark lighting. Much of classic YR feels quite dated and archaic to me. I don't really care for much of YR today, but the stuff from 1991, for example, is a hard pass for me.
    I will go against the grain too. The closeups on very word bother me to no end and the music cues are too much. And the conversations that don’t end.

While today’s show is not perfect I like it and prefer it actually. But it is nice to see some of the characters when they were younger. And classic characters again.

Leave a comment:

• muffpuff
    replied
    Love every moment of these old shows, they totally hold my attention. Sigh, an era over.

Leave a comment:

• janesBydiction
    replied
    I'm going to go a little against the grain here. I honestly wasn't into a lot of it. The weird facial closeups, the extremely loud melodramatic music, the slow dialogue, the dark lighting. Much of classic YR feels quite dated and archaic to me. I don't really care for much of YR today, but the stuff from 1991, for example, is a hard pass for me.

Leave a comment:

• ekek
    replied
    I am enjoying it. I was an occasional viewer back then because I worked. But i recognized everyone but Phyllis. Different actress. But her behavior clued me in fast. Boy Sheila was tame back then.

Leave a comment:

• Forever Fan
    commented on 's reply
    Michael Baldwin was one scary dude, and yes I'd like to see those scenes as well. Bell created some dark characters. In today's environment, predators like Michael Baldwin and Kevin Fisher are not redeemable. They'd be sent to prison, like Ripley Turner, never to be seen again.

• 57A Keolu Drive
    replied
    Yes, these old scenes were so much better! I started watching this show since the summer of 1981, and I didn't recognize some of the characters. But, it was so much better.

Leave a comment:

• thecourt99
    replied
    I agree and I want to see the episodes where Michael Baldwin terrorized Christine. Those were AMAZING

Leave a comment:

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X