Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put classic episodes online. NY/NJ need it.

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put classic episodes online. NY/NJ need it.

We’ve had nonstop interruptions in NY/NJ for weeks now. It looks like CBS didn’t put Friday’s episode online. I hope they add Katherine week to their website and app.

I haven’t checked yet but someone on another thread said that the older episodes are indeed online, but you have to select the “season” from the drop down menu.

Comment

Yes that it correct. You change the season and they’re there. They put 3 of the classic episodes up online. Nikki’s wedding, Jill telling John she’s pregnant, and the masquerade ball. All were great to see. They did not put up Chris & Christines honeymoon from Friday. I really hope they add the Katherine episodes.

Comment

Friday’s classic episode and today’s are not online. Because of where we live (in the hills some way outside St. Louis) we can’t get broadcast signals without putting a digital antenna in our house, which we’ve resisted, so we get all of our TV from streaming services, so it would be nice if the network put these eps up online.

Comment

• TunerEyes
        TunerEyes
        Scriptwriter
        TunerEyes commented
        Editing a comment
        I just went to CBS.com, using the menu ladder on the left go to Shows and selected Daytime to get to Y&R. You'll see Full Episodes and If you pull down the Season button I was able to see Season 11, 18 and 20 and the current one (47). Would think you should be able to see it and stream if you have internet.

Season 11 is the 4/13/84 Nikki/Victor Wedding. Did not see a subscribe button.
        Season 18 is the 10/02/91 Masquerade party. For some reason It came up with Subscribe button for me (I'm already a member so am able to view)
        Season 20 is the previous Friday's episode where Jack is suspicious of Victor as far as trying to get Nikki to go back to him. I didn't see a subscribe button for this one. From 03/09/93. I didn't get to see this one as all but the last 10 minutes were preempted for me here so will definitely be going back to watch.

Hope this helps.
        TunerEyes
        Scriptwriter
        Last edited by TunerEyes; April 27, 2020, 09:36 PM.

• joewriter
        joewriter
        Day Player
        joewriter commented
        Editing a comment
        Right, TunerEyes...I see those seasons/episodes, but Friday’s and today’s classic episodes are not from any of those seasons.

• TunerEyes
        TunerEyes
        Scriptwriter
        TunerEyes commented
        Editing a comment
        No doubt since the others have been put up all of the vintage ones will be too. Just need patience I guess. I have CBS All Access, so pay for that, and seeing the same episodes listed as going through their website that everyone has access to.

The aspect ratio of the old shows is quite striking and the videos have a soft edge to them.

Here we go. ANOTHER DAY of missed episodes. It’s bad enough the show ran out of new episodes, but now we can’t even see the classic ones! What the hell is cbs doing?!

Comment

I have been exchanging emails with a customer service person with CBS All Access and it has been frustrating to say the least. I had written to enquire about the site putting up the classic episodes that CBS had broadcast on Friday and yesterday and twice the person wrote back to say that the show was on hiatus due to the virus and that was why there were no episodes online on those days. I wrote back, twice, that I knew that the show was on hiatus and was enquiring about the classic episodes (which are reruns), saying that the first three had been up on the site/app but the two most recent had not. I finally had a response to my email responding to the second one I'd gotten telling me that the reason the shows were not online was because the show was on hiatus, and the person asked me to list the episodes that had aired but which were not on the site -- I am not sure why the person cannot look at the same information I can find online, but, okay, I sent a list...and included the episodes that are supposed to run today through Friday. I realize (and said this in my emails to the site) that there are worse problems in the world right now, but, as I say, it has been frustrating trying to get an answer because the person responding to me seems to have no idea what's going on with the network/site/app.

Comment

The classic episodes are not showing on the CBS app which is a huge bummer

Comment

• TunerEyes
          TunerEyes
          Scriptwriter
          TunerEyes commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes they are. You have to pull down on the arrow next to Season 47 to see the vintage eps they are showing from prior seasons. Did you read the above? They aren’t updating the area as regularly but the episodes are being listed.

• joewriter
          joewriter
          Day Player
          joewriter commented
          Editing a comment
          I see the episodes from season 11 (Victor and Nikki's first wedding), season 18 (the masquerade ball) and season 20 (Neil and Dru's honeymoon, and a secret that Jill has been keeping from John). Those all showed up on the site on the same day they aired on CBS, but none of the episodes since have shown up. That is the issue -- that they started out uploading the eps on the same day they aired, but they haven't the last three days.

• prissaO
          prissaO
          Recurring Poster
          prissaO commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here
          joewriter
          Day Player
          joewriter - I saw the 3 classic episodes (Nikki & Victor wedding, Dru & Neil honeymoon & the ball). I DYING to see the Catherine episodes. I absolutely love her.

I wonder if not showing the re-runs from last Friday, Mon., Tues., has to do with royalties and given that the show is on a shoe string budget, they pick and choose which ones get to be online after it airs on CBS TV. Maybe, not knowing when Y&R will be back in production, to make new episodes, and how many classics they can afford to rerun in its place, that it is cheaper to only air the reruns or classics one time only. Just guessing.

Comment

The classics starting last Friday are not being uploaded. I think it may have to do with the ratings. We will see when they come out this week but I doubt Y&R will count them because it will bring down their average.

Comment

I live in Los Angeles, so they'll show Y&R for about half an hour before it daily gets interrupted by Governor Newsom's coronavirus briefings. Yes, I believe the daily briefings are important. Its just that I was also looking forward to seeing these classic episodes. So, to only get half of it each day without being able to see it online or elsewhere is kinda of a bummer.

Comment

I checked the drop down menu for the different seasons. You have to SUBSCRIBE and pay in order to view the classic episodes.

Comment

• bronxgal
                bronxgal
                I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                bronxgal commented
                Editing a comment
                I subscribe to the app. The first three classics are up:

Victor/Nikki wedding
                John learning Jill is pregnant with Billy
                The masquerade ball.

All of classics starting with Paul and Christine’s honeymoon are not on the site.

I wonder if some of these older episodes were even digitized prior to this? If not they would need to digitize them and that might be hard to do since likely they are working from home. Plus they may not have the rights to the music. it would be nice though if they would respond and explain why some are not online.

Comment

The night before I type in the date of Y&R at google and see where it takes me.

Comment

After checking the drop down menu, I saw that all the seasons are online. But, you have to pay to access it.

Comment

Originally posted by 57A Keolu Drive View Post
                    After checking the drop down menu, I saw that all the seasons are online. But, you have to pay to access it.
                    I will say this again. I pay for the CBS All Access App full price without commercials. They are not there just the three episodes I mentioned up thread.

I clicked the drop down menu all of the seasons are not online.

If you try to pay for it, you still won’t get the classics that are airing this week.

Unless the OP is talking about another official site. But as far as CBS All Access they are not there.

Comment

• ncposton
                      ncposton
                      Board Regular
                      ncposton commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Chiming in here to agree with
                      bronxgal
                      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                      bronxgal. I also pay for CBS All Access. I have the full package, and the Chris/Paul honeymoon episode as well as this week's Katherine episodes are NOT available on CBS All Access.

• TunerEyes
                      TunerEyes
                      Scriptwriter
                      TunerEyes commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just came to mention that since the earliest ones mentioned, there haven’t been any more added. I went on tonight hoping to see a few more new ones. One of my days this week got more or less knocked out by virus briefings.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X