Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of surgery is Sharon having?

Is she having a lumpectomy or a mastectomy? As someone who has had both I never thought I would not survive a lumpectomy. In fact it was done outpatient. Both made me fearful of what they would find and maybe I might die prematurely but not from the surgery itself. I don't see her urgency to "get her affairs in order."

I was under the impression it was a lumpectomy but I’m not positive on that.

Comment

I thought it was a mastectomy. I had a lumpectomy when in college.

Comment

Originally posted by Scandal View Post
        Is she having a lumpectomy or a mastectomy? As someone who has had both I never thought I would not survive a lumpectomy. In fact it was done outpatient. Both made me fearful of what they would find and maybe I might die prematurely but not from the surgery itself. I don't see her urgency to "get her affairs in order."
        They were celebrating the Dr saying a lumpectomy because she told Ray she’d be glad to get a break from chemo. I’m positive they said lumpectomy & no her talk about not making it is bad writing imo

Comment

So weird that she has no effects from the chemo. Did she have radiation at all? I mean her hair is almost to her waist. Not really
        realistic. I'm glad that she will only have a lumpectomy though. And she is talking to Nick like she may die so he can be sure
        to be with Faith. IDK

Comment

I thought she said they were planning on the lumpectomy but if they find the cancer has spread they will do a mastectomy. This was a few days ago.

Comment

It's a lumpectomy.
            I had a tiny procedure to remove a kist from my breast when I was about 17. I don't remember being very scared because I was very young and "nothing bad could happen to me", but my parents lived it very differently. It turned out to be nothing, but now, being older and wiser I realize I was lucky.
            I think the point they were trying to make was that Sharon is fighting cancer after all and this is the second type of action they are taking to fight it, since chemo didn't work. And if this doesn't work, either, she will lose her breast.

I don't have a problem with them being worried or with Sharon having a talk with Nick because I noticed that he has been kept on the sidelines for the most part, always getting his info from Rey and barely talking to Sharon alone. I know this is meant to show that he's respectful of their relationship, but I also believe that if Shick were allowed to share a really heartfelt scene, everyone would be like "Rey, who?"

What bothers me is the fact that Sharon doesn't look sick AT ALL. It doesn't look believable and I'm sure SC would be game for some rough scenes. Have her wear a wig, put less make up on her face, allow us to see her in sweatshirts...

Comment

I thought I heard her crying to Rey that since the chemo didn't work she'd have to have a mastectomy. I remember him holding her and telling her she will still be beautiful to him.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X