Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle's Pompous Speech

But honesty, integrity, accountability, and creativity- - those are the things that matter here.
    What a joke, surely he is not talking about Jabot.
    Guess the writers don't want us to like Kyle or Summer. Their smirky looks were awful today.

I was loving Kyle and Summer today their was nothing wrong about it. I agree to them also that honesty, integrity, accountability, and creativity are the things that matter it is true especially about work. I loved them. I have seen so many people who are loving them so much after today. They are a great team. I loved that Summer also felt bad about Theo but she shouldn't just like Kyle told her to stop. I love it. They are a great team. Can't wait to see more.

Comment

Honesty, integrity, accountability and creativity have been sorely lacking at Jabot.

Comment

How is honesty ,integrity ,accountability and creativity lacking at jabot we are not talking about what happens away from the office but what happens at jabot only.

Comment

Honestly? I wouldn't hold it against Theo if he clocked Kyle.

Comment

• soapgirl3
          soapgirl3
          Senior Board Member
          soapgirl3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Theo had it coming. Kyle & Summer showed what kind of a person Theo really is.

• Chatty Cakes
          Chatty Cakes
          Recurring Poster
          Chatty Cakes commented
          Editing a comment
          I think Kyle and Summer showed what kind of people they are. Entitled brats.

• TexasTango
          TexasTango
          Aspiring soap scribe
          TexasTango commented
          Editing a comment
          Theo is the one WHO CHOSE to cheat. When he explained to Dina he took responsibility which was nice to see. All Theo has done since arriving in GC is bait Kyle. Theo didn't use what he thought was Kyle's work because he was insecure he did it to try and one up and embarrass Kyle leaving him without a presentation. He was caught out for once and he has only himself to blame.

That scene was cringe worthy to watch for me.. First of all, why was summer even there? The competition was between Kyle and Theo. I felt bad for Theo, he was wrong for what he did but it was never a fair fight/competition. I loved the talk he had with Dena even though she couldn't comprehend or respond. His true feelings came out as to why he did it. Jack is an idiot too!!

Comment

• Sammie419
          Sammie419
          Senior Board Member
          Sammie419 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree. Kyle gets to brainstorm a proposal with Summer’s help while Theo is on his own. It was 2 against one from the start. The way Summer constantly criticizes Theo makes me dislike Summer even more. Summer’s closet is full of skeletons and she really has no room to talk when it comes to stooping to low levels to get ahead.

• 2bz2bwatching
          2bz2bwatching
          Recurring Poster
          2bz2bwatching commented
          Editing a comment
          Theo could have worked with Kendra instead of using her to spy for him. He instead chose to cheat and he got caught. Welp.

it’s funny to me that Theo is caught lying and cheating and yet somehow the people he tried to steal from and wanted to humiliate by trying to take their pitch are the bad guys because they caught him How does that work again? I was watching older episodes last night and saw more than once Jack try to tell Theo that he needs to stop trying to be so resentful of Kyle and concentrate more on himself instead.. sadly Theo never took Jacks advice to heart and now he’s unemployed.. that’s not Kyle, Summer or even Jacks fault ... that’s all on Theo because his poor choices cost him his career! I myself love Summer and Kyle and think they make a great team... it’s not their fault Theo lacks the confidence to put his own ideas out there and instead took the easy way out by trying to steal someone else’s idea... perhaps Theo has finally learned after this to try to just be himself from now on.
        couplingchick
        Executive Poster
        Last edited by couplingchick; April 20, 2020, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Sammie419
          Sammie419
          Senior Board Member
          Sammie419 commented
          Editing a comment
          What Theo did was wrong but compared to the actions of others, it was pretty minor. How many mistakes has Jack made over the years by using people to get ahead? He lost the company at one time. What about Billy and his actions while he was in charge - gambling, losing the Jabot yacht in a poker game. Theo’s actions hurt no one but Theo. Even with this competition, Kyle had the upper hand and no one thought anything about it. He had Summer by his side, giving him ideas - as they say “two heads are better than one”. Seems Kyle cheated in a way since the entire pitch was not just “his” but that is overlooked.

• couplingchick
          couplingchick
          Executive Poster
          couplingchick commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually Summers help was not overlooked and was very much acknowledged and appreciated by Kyle as he told Jack after his presentation when he congratulated him on a job well done. Jack never said they couldn’t have help and maybe Theo should’ve used Kendras help to give him ideas for his pitch instead of using her “ help” to steal someone else’s idea.

If any of the Abbotts were concerned about Theo he wouldn't have been put in a competition with the CEO (BTW Jack has had to speak to Kyle about his resentment of Theo before as well) and when Kyle felt Theo was trying to steal his ideas he could have shown honesty and integrity by talking to him (warning him) instead of setting him up and entrapping him. Theo was definitely wrong but they all were and only Theo paid the price.

Comment

• TexasTango
          TexasTango
          Aspiring soap scribe
          TexasTango commented
          Editing a comment
          In the business world you expose the cheater, you don't coddle them. Theo has played Jack ever since he learned he was Dina's grandson. For the most part he tormented Kyle when there were no witnesses or just Summer and/or Lola. Theo is not an orphan with a sad childhood NOR is he an Abbott, yet he was given an important position at Jabot he did not earn. He was constantly rude to Summer, his boss, and Kyle the CEO for which others would have been fired but to his credit he did good creative work so he has no excuse because he was more than capable of competing without cheating.
          TexasTango
          Aspiring soap scribe
          Last edited by TexasTango; April 21, 2020, 02:35 PM.

As some in this thread say, every scene today involving Theo, Kyle, and Summer was basically disgusting. Yeah, Theo made a mistake. Big time. But Theo was SET UP by Kyle and by Summer. It was despicable. Then to see both Kyle and Summer smirking in delight over it was awful. And Jack was IMO off-base, given that he found out Theo WAS set up. Deliberately. And seeing Kyle fire Theo with that gleeful look on his face made me ill. Then Kyle and Summer get rewarded for all of it. Getting rewarded for underhanded bad behavior is just wrong. Yes, these things happen in the corporate world. Back-stabbing, plotting, sneaking around, doing anything for power. I suppose that is entertainment for some. But it leaves me cold. I do wonder if the character of Theo is leaving the show. Did Theo deserve to be fired? Under the circumstances, no. Demoted if possible. But not fired. But today Kyle and Summer became even lower than they were before this. Not admirable people.

Comment

• soapgirl3
          soapgirl3
          Senior Board Member
          soapgirl3 commented
          Editing a comment
          I respectfully disagree. I thought Theo was the despicable one for having someone spy on Kyle & steal his idea. His got exactly what he deserved.

• prissaO
          prissaO
          Recurring Poster
          prissaO commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with you
          Annabelle575
          Board Regular
          Annabelle575. I was actually surprised Jack didn’t reprimand Kyle for setting Theo up. Like you said, it was also unfair for Summer to be involved. Kyle & Summer make me sick.

Kyle and his constant companion Summer make me sick. Pompous is right. What a horrid working condition at Jabot for Theo anyway. I hope he runs over to Chancellor and gets hired by Billy.

Oh, and I see Summer's cleavage is back. Was her hideous dress ripped or something? That one cold-shoulder looked awful.

Comment

Originally posted by xoregonian View Post
        Kyle and his constant companion Summer make me sick. Pompous is right. What a horrid working condition at Jabot for Theo anyway. I hope he runs over to Chancellor and gets hired by Billy.

Oh, and I see Summer's cleavage is back. Was her hideous dress ripped or something? That one cold-shoulder looked awful.
        LOL . . . . thanks for making me laugh! You are right, Kyle was pompous. Very much so. And Summer came off very shallow. It was cruel what they did. Theo should have been smarter. But still, two wrongs don't make a right. IMO SKYLE's actions were worse then Theo's.

Comment

• Annabelle575
          Annabelle575
          Board Regular
          Annabelle575 commented
          Editing a comment
          couplingchick
          Executive Poster
          couplingchick, Thanks for your reply, I do appreciate that. I agree with you about how Theo was fired. It just felt awful, the way they seemed to enjoy watching Jack blast Theo. It was three against one in that room. Making a stupid mistake and then being exposed for it in front of your boss, and THEN being fired in such a cold way, was hard for me to watch. It could have been handled differently. Theo did something VERY stupid. The corporate world can be a very, very ugly place. Thanks again.

• TunerEyes
          TunerEyes
          Scriptwriter
          TunerEyes commented
          Editing a comment
          What Theo did was not like what Phyllis did not properly vetting that spy researcher at Jabot exposing the company or like what Billy did When he embezzled money from Jabot because of his gambling debts. Both of them were fired from the company. It wasn’t right by any means but this was a marketing challenge and stayed within the company. Let’s face it Kyle tried to destroy Jack and he was magically forgiven by Jack and not only allowed to work at the family company but when blackmailing Jack on threat of walking out on his dad’s company because he felt he should be promited to sole CEO, got the promotion to co-CEO.

• YoungandBold91
          YoungandBold91
          Newcomer
          YoungandBold91 commented
          Editing a comment
          This was just another way for Kyle to finally get Theo out of the picture. He took his wife, and as payback he loses his job.

I just don’t get why Theo isn’t spilling EVERYTHING that went down in NYC. I guess those secrets are gone forever - a missed cue storyline. We spent months with Kyle trying to keep Lola from knowing who he was in New York. There was more than just that vapid Summer wannabe that Theo brought to town.

I feel duped.

But - I’ll bet you a Crimson Lights gift card that when the going gets tough at Jabot, Kyle cheats way worse than Theo. Kyle has few redeeming qualities and Summer certainly doesn’t bring out the best in him.

Comment

Originally posted by taramartin View Post
          But honesty, integrity, accountability, and creativity- - those are the things that matter here.
          What a joke, surely he is not talking about Jabot.
          Guess the writers don't want us to like Kyle or Summer. Their smirky looks were awful today.
          You’re right
          jabot is about family , not what Kyle said .Kyle and Theo are family. Theo was fired, Kyle should have been too. He was ready to throw family under the bus, and it was neither professional or for the company
          but jack said nothing

Comment

I would have loved nothing more than for Theo not to take the bait, and come up with the winning idea. Kyle remains a jerk, and I'm still team Theo!

Comment

• Annabelle575
              Annabelle575
              Board Regular
              Annabelle575 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good way to look at it. Yeah, too bad Theo did not see what they were doing, and turn the tables on them. That would have been funny.

It seems s strange to me the way Kyle and Jack both acted toward Theo considering they were supposed to be focusing on John's legacy. How many times did Jack hurt or disappoint John and he always forgave him and was ready to hand out one more second chance? How many times did Kyle hurt or disappoint Jack only to be forgiven or handed one more second chance? Theo makes a mistake and is fired and Good Riddance.

What bothers me the most is Jack set this all in motion for the outcome he got. He had already told Nick how Theo was causing trouble in his relationship with Kyle ; therefore, would anyone even give consideration to the fact that Jack would choose Theo's proposal over Kyle. What would be worse is that Kyle and Theo knew it.

Theo crumbled underneath the pressure and didn't trust enough in his own ability or himself and took the easy way out. Theo was wrong but now does it make it better to allow Kyle to humiliate and embarrass Theo. Why not listen to both proposals and then let them know your decision. Afterwards ask to talk to Theo alone in private and then confront him with what he did allowing him to explain it and may be tell him one more mistake like that and he would be let go.

It would give Theo the chance to correct his mistake and allow him to prove himself while still putting him in notice. Jack 's intention was to allow Kyle to do what he did.

It is funny the superiority some people have when they forget their history and past mistakes and consider themselves better than someone else.

The sad thing is John whose legacy they are supposed to be trying to preserve would have never done something like that. He would have given Theo a second chance and never allowed him to be humiliated or embarrassed. One thing is for sure is that Jack will never be anywhere close to John.

Comment

• BlueberryJam
              BlueberryJam
              Senior Board Member
              BlueberryJam commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree. Also Jack, Kyle, Summer all seem to forget their own privilege and the fact that they all got a head start in life. They don't for a second take time to understand the affect Theo's less privileged background has on his psyche and his approach to life. Maybe they should come from a place of understanding & maybe Jack should try to steer him in the right direction and mentor him.
              BlueberryJam
              Senior Board Member
              Last edited by BlueberryJam; April 20, 2020, 08:30 PM.

• foxaylove
              foxaylove
              Senior Board Member
              foxaylove commented
              Editing a comment
              BRAVO! BRAVOOOOO!!!! I love my Jack, but man oh man did this whole scene play out so terribly. I feel like the longer Theo is in town the worse Kyle regresses (not that I put that on Theo), but it's interesting how that has come about.

• Jerze
              Jerze
              Contract Poster
              Jerze commented
              Editing a comment
              Excellent post and I agree. Of course there wouldn't be soapy drama but things could have been handled differently. I'm beginning to seriously dislike Kyle and his girlfriend.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X