Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phyllis’s gift to Sharon

I actually loved that!
    A few years ago a coworker of mine that was in remission, made a chemo basket for someone who had been recently diagnosed. It made her day and had a lot of little things that helped.

I guess it shows that everyone has some good in them. Or maybe Phyllis did it because she knew Nick would be there & wanted to show off for him.

Comment

• ShesAllThat
      ShesAllThat commented
      Editing a comment
      that is ALL it was!!!

• rockgirl
      rockgirl commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah, it's all for Nick's benefit for sure!

• prim
      prim commented
      Editing a comment
      that's exactly what I thought

Of course I understand why some would like this angle, and think it is good for the storyline. While some will find it off-kilter, and actually tasteless. And very transparent. I am in the latter group. Those of us who detest Nick being back with Phyllis-----and especially NOW-----won't appreciate such posturing. Yes, Phyllis might "have a heart," however, for us to now buy that she "has a heart" for Sharon is just too ridiculous. Phyllis is being written to have "compassion" for Sharon in this, and apparently TPTB think the sting of the PHICK "reunion" won't sting quite so much with this kind of prop device. Sorry, but it just makes it sting more. For so many, it won't work. When Sharon received Phyllis' "gift basket" today, for me it pretty much ruined the scene in question. It is yet another reminder that we will probably never get SHICK back, not the way we should. Phyllis being shoved into the middle of Sharon's cancer situation does NOT make us Sharon and SHICK fans LIKE Phyllis. Just the opposite. It is way, way too late for that.

My apologies to the OP. But for me, and for those who feel the same way, it was necessary to say this.

Comment

• YoungandBold91
      YoungandBold91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Annabelle575 I think Shickies got the hint 7 years ago when the writers had that song, "Neverending" play in the background every time Shick had a lovemaking scene.

It was playing in an old Phick lovemaking scene. I watched it and thought back to Shick's '14 reunion. 😢

I think I have to swallow the big pill and get over Shick, but that'll be hard to do with Nick and Phyllis being shoved down my throat. They can't survive without Sharon. LMAO.🙄😂
      Last edited by YoungandBold91; April 21, 2020, 07:51 PM.

Originally posted by Chatty Cakes View Post
    I actually loved that!
    A few years ago a coworker of mine that was in remission, made a chemo basket for someone who had been recently diagnosed. It made her day and had a lot of little things that helped.
    I 100% agree. It's not out of character. Everyone takes it down a few notches in life and death situations. Heck even Nikki did the same. Phyllis has done as much good as she's done bad so I've always known that Phyllis has a heart - and the people who love her and who she loves have no problem finding it. Very nice gesture.

Comment

• Annabelle575
      Annabelle575 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it was a "nice gesture" from Phyllis, but it is still something that will leave many viewers cold. But for those who think it is a good thing, I understand that. I am simply unable to go there myself.

I liked that Phyllis sent that basket but it is somewhat overdoing it but nice gesture. And is she doing it to get a pat on the back from
    Nick or does she really mean it? Can Phyllis be so nice to Sharon and then turn on Abby like she does? She is Nick's sister. IDK
    BTW I loved what was in the basket.

Comment

I don’t really have a horse in this race as I don’t really care for Shick or Phick but to me...

It feels like the writers are being a bit heavy handed on P’s reaction to Sharon’s cancer. With Nikki, it makes sense that she would put aside their differences and go out of her way to be supportive bc at the end of the day Sharon is the mother of two of her grandkids and they would be devastated if she died. P can show empathy sure and have a desire for Sharon to pull through - I don’t think she’s a completely heartless wench. But at the same time, her near breakdown into tears when she heard the news and the gift basket just seems a bit much. I think it would have been better/more authentic if the writers had not had Phyllis almost crying over the news and left it at her having the banter with Sharon and then her encouraging Summer to be there for Faith.

Comment

I think Phyllis was shaken by Sharon’s diagnosis. There is something about cancer, especially breast cancer, that makes us feel vulnerable. I do think the gift was genuine, but this is Phyllis we are talking about...if there is an extra benefit for her, why not take advantage of that, too? Was it a bit transparent and heavy handed? I think so, but that’s usually the case with Phyllis. Subtle and Phyllis do not belong in the same sentence.

Comment

I am a Sharon fan and Phyllis gets on my nerves but I see nothing wrong with them stopping their feud at least for now. A cancer diagnosis changes everything.
          Plus Sharon’s been on a journey to a better place for a long time now, I don’t see her having a chocolate fountain fight or switching a dna test. Phyllis has remained stagnant and now can fight with Abby.

Comment

Originally posted by Annabelle575 View Post
            Of course I understand why some would like this angle, and think it is good for the storyline. While some will find it off-kilter, and actually tasteless. And very transparent. I am in the latter group. Those of us who detest Nick being back with Phyllis-----and especially NOW-----won't appreciate such posturing. Yes, Phyllis might "have a heart," however, for us to now buy that she "has a heart" for Sharon is just too ridiculous. Phyllis is being written to have "compassion" for Sharon in this, and apparently TPTB think the sting of the PHICK "reunion" won't sting quite so much with this kind of prop device. Sorry, but it just makes it sting more. For so many, it won't work. When Sharon received Phyllis' "gift basket" today, for me it pretty much ruined the scene in question. It is yet another reminder that we will probably never get SHICK back, not the way we should. Phyllis being shoved into the middle of Sharon's cancer situation does NOT make us Sharon and SHICK fans LIKE Phyllis. Just the opposite. It is way, way too late for that.

My apologies to the OP. But for me, and for those who feel the same way, it was necessary to say this.

I absolutely love your post and i just can't see Phyllis caring so dam much about Sharon . Like someone else said she has known for weeks but waits than just happens to send something while Nick is there. I am also not happy about Phyllis being thrust into Sharon's story I am sick of Sharon having to prop Phick!

Comment

• Soapfan54
              Soapfan54 commented
              Editing a comment
              IA w/both these! A coupla things bother me: 1) WHO's updating Phyl on Sharon's ongoing med situation? It's none of her business unless Sharon wants it to be, and 2) What if Sharon doesn't WANT to be bothered w/Phyl's sympathy or gift baskets? Guess she's just expected to be gracious--in addition to fighting off cancer...rme

Phyllis doesn't need to send a care basket to Sharon to prove anything to Nick. Phyllis already has Nick wrapped around her finger. Phyllis has shown compassion for those she has opposed in the past. The most recent storyline was Victoria. These two have never been friends but Phyllis was compassionate with Victoria and kept a secret for a year. She took a deal at the end after they had been arrested.
            Last edited by Moore ideas; April 21, 2020, 01:13 PM. Reason: About the forum, not the topic.

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
              CouchCruisin' commented
              Editing a comment
              Co-signing both your posts! ... ...

• creation
              creation commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, well said!

• ncposton
              ncposton commented
              Editing a comment
              I love Sharon and loathe Phyllis, but I do agree with DallasGal re: Phyllis' intentions and how she has shown compassion in the past. I do wish, however, she would just leave Sharon alone right now.

Nothing wrong with Phyllis showing Sharon some kindness (and scoring bonus points with Little Nick in the process)... but going forward... keep Phyllis out of Sharon’s storyline and keep Sharon away from Phick.

I’d like to see how Josh G is gonna write Phick without Sharon. For too long... Phick needed Sharon inserted and Shick needed Phyllis inserted (for dismantling). Let’s see Phick without Sharon for once. Maybe insert Jack or Ronan - so some of us can actually stomach the Phickness.

Comment

• couplingchick
              couplingchick commented
              Editing a comment
              oh I would LOVE for Ronan to come back at this point... Ronan and Phyllis were one of my favorites in terms of pure hotness on Y&R just the same as I feel about Phick because MS and JB had such great chemistry. I would love to see Phick have outside conflict from someone other than another female at this point in their relationship ... bring the angst that way instead of the tried and true " Sharon insecurities " they always play for Phyllis to have but also Sharon has enough going on right now which is another reason I don't want her unnecessarily put into Phick drama

Originally posted by DallasGal View Post
            Phyllis doesn't need to send a care basket to Sharon to prove anything to Nick. Phyllis already has Nick wrapped around her finger. Phyllis has shown compassion for those she has opposed in the past. The most recent storyline was Victoria. These two have never been friends but Phyllis was compassionate with Victoria and kept a secret for a year. She took a deal at the end after they had been arrested.
            Exactly. No one is 100% good or bad all the time. Say what you will about Phyllis, but she's not a person who would use a Cancer diagnosis to 1 up someone. She'd rather punch them dead in the face when they are up for the fight because she wants that street credit.

Comment

I must have a really nasty side to me - I would have sent the basket back. I don't accept anything from someone who has stabbed me in the back so many times.

Comment

• Soapfan54
                Soapfan54 commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL!!! CincyLady I'd've sent it back, also. Direct honesty isn't nasty, imo, if necessary to deter any misconception...

Originally posted by kayemu View Post

Exactly. No one is 100% good or bad all the time. Say what you will about Phyllis, but she's not a person who would use a Cancer diagnosis to 1 up someone. She'd rather punch them dead in the face when they are up for the fight because she wants that street credit.
              Sorry but Phyllis is nothing but all mouth . People have punched slapped and thrown her across the room she does not come out on top when it comes to hand to hand combat. She does how ever out sneak most people.

Comment

I really couldn't care less what Phyllis thinks about any of this and would like at least one story where she doesn't insert herself into. I don't think her reactions or sympathies are needed. If a woman that had done what Phyllis had done to me and my family wanted to give me a gift basket, I would take it but would pass it on to someone else who had more of a need for it later.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X