Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The last time you couldn’t wait to watch Y&R?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TunerEyes
    replied
    Some good choices there guys. Here's episode storylines I wanted to continue instead of waiting the next day to see.

Without really thinking back through all the storylines much, I'd say 1) Adam's haunting of Ashley had me wondering what the heck could happen now. Shocking storyline, which clearly they wanted it to be. 2) the Sharon/Dru over the ledge along with the Crystal Springs mall collapse were both up there and around the same time frame in general. 3) Kevin's closet terrors leading up to realizing what happened and complications from it afterwards really. The chipmunk railroad car falls into that as well as Kevin going for therapy and us wondering who he was talking to in that chair we couldn't see. Don't think we ever really knew did we?

I also have to add a 4th, the whole apartment building and Top of the Tower fire started by Ian I think was pretty exciting and wondering what would happen. A lot of characters involved so always wondering who might get trapped or injured or die. OK I lied I'll add in 3 more. Delia leaving the car and getting hit, Billy holding a gun on Adam in his despair and making him drive around town, and Victor falling down the stairs after JT attacked him (I can still picture that one happening!).

More recent storylines I don't think have been that intense. But if I had to pick a recent one it would be when Victoria had the party at her house with all the women and Nikki clonked JT and they buried him. That was pretty riveting and I recall sitting pretty close to the screen for that one.

Leave a comment:

• Delariean
    replied
    My last time was when Olivia had confronted Nate about sleeping with Keisha which was the tip of the iceberg...finding out that Keisha was HIV positive on top of that and the confrontation that followed....

Leave a comment:

• SoapQuest
    replied
    When MY was writing two years ago. All of the JT stuff, the Rosales, Kyle and Lola falling in love, the huge ugly delicious fight between Ashley and the rest of her family, Dina, Jack and Kerry, Billy seducing Summer after dumping Phyllis who slept with Nick. Just fabulous. I ran to the television everyday to see what was coming up next.

Leave a comment:

• fracabell
    replied
    last time I couldn't wait to watch this show was when Nick and Sharon made love in the cabin both times and nick came home and told Phyllis, and Phyllis cried and nick agreed with Phyllis that she was his therapist with benefits as he headed to make a life with Sharon. I wasn't all that happy when Sharon sent nick back to Phyllis cause peanut was sick, but it was so great and must see tv seeing nick come home after being with Sharon and telling Phyllis.

other than that it was way back before Phyllis did nick when his daughter died. loved when shick was married, and also loved when Victoria was with ryan. those were the good days.

Leave a comment:

• billyabbottfan
    replied
    Although I know not everyone loved the pairing the Billy/Phyllis affair had me HOOKED. JT and GT had amazing chemistry. (GT had chemistry with both Jack and Billy imo)
    I miss her...

When Billy Miller was Billy I loved the Billy/Victoria unexpected romance and the fact that Victor hated it so much.

The Drucilla vs. Phyllis battles back in the day were always fun. It was nice to see someone go toe to toe with Red.

The Cassie dying era was when I was really hooked... just because I felt the show at that time had people I loved to hate and tons of people I rooted for. Now it feels like I just tolerate most of the storylines.

Leave a comment:

• ncposton
    commented on 's reply
    Rubythroat1 I would be exactly the same if I didn't have the spoilers. I love this show.

• ncposton
    commented on 's reply
    Dru calling Phyllis a heifer never got old. Their fights were soap gold.

• Annabelle575
    replied
    Originally posted by Rubythroat1 View Post
    I sound very corny, but I always feel impatient to see the next episode. I'm going to feel 'discombobulated" when we have the first break in new episodes until who knows when?
    It will be like the time the fans had to wait until the fall, to see "Who shot JR Ewing? on Dallas"
    I think it is good to see someone still say this. Y&R is STILL Y&R. Our soap, almost 50 years old. It has changed much over the years, making us joyous, making us so sad, and sometimes enraging us. When you watch a soap every day, for years and years, this long, it is impossible to not feel a loyalty to it. Even when it makes you so mad you want to scream. LOL. There is that term "necessary evil." On some days, Y&R feels like that to me. Thanks for your post.

Leave a comment:

• Rubythroat1
    replied
    I sound very corny, but I always feel impatient to see the next episode. I'm going to feel 'discombobulated" when we have the first break in new episodes until who knows when?
    It will be like the time the fans had to wait until the fall, to see "Who shot JR Ewing? on Dallas"

Leave a comment:

• GwenSharonteam
    commented on 's reply
    You’re right, Long story telling are missing, and at the end, the one who was the most successful ...
    JT buried, you could enjoy the 4 actresses playing each other for at least a year, and same time had sub- storyline on it,... Jack’s paternity reveal were the best I could remember,... or shorter but not too bad the Kerry reveal, who make finally the fall of one character..., even Abbott lost everything in the same time,.. not happy what has came after since at Jabot, because it was the beginning of the end for them in the same time ...

The beginning of Dina’s storyline, great acting from the Abbott’s casts ...., or Sharon’s hiding Christian as her son to Dylan, nerves cracking storyline, I hated them, but great arc in it, and great acting final ...., so it was well written even it shouldn’t be that way ... it shows well, you don’t have to like everything to enjoy it, if it’s well done ...

• RestlessFan
    replied
    The last most intense time watching was J.T.'s return from the dead (when the 4 women thought they buried him or killed him), 2018, I believe, and written under E.P. Mal Young. I think J.T./Victoria's abusive s/l involving 4 women or the bury of a boy by 4 women, was the last looooooooonnnngggg story arc, too. No wonder, I missed the looooooooooonnnggggggggg stories from the past, from all different regimes, which used to involve so many different characters (not just the same old 4 or 6 every week in short stories and the same dialogues just so they get screen time or paid), and the emphasis used to be on good long story telling with action, adventure, romance, full of intrigue, mysteries, etc. Now, it is so lacking in suspense, intrigue, action, and all the elements of long story telling is missing from Y&R. It feels more like 30 minutes dramas or short stories and it feels like is is more about a couple or two couples in the 60 minutes slot, the back and forth conversations and a lot of it is repeated, where characters keep repeating themselves. No real stories at all.

Leave a comment:

• TwoOfEach
    replied
    1) He was crazy and a lot of people hated him, but I always tuned in for YR when Pratt was writing. That was probably the last time I was truly on the edge of my seat with the show
    2) I did like the hotel hostage crisis. I wish it would have lasted longer

YR used to have the best emotional drama, but its been much longer since I really felt compelled by an emotional story. Maybe Delia's death arc.

Leave a comment:

• Crewe
    replied
    1. Sheila Carter.

2. Anything Drucilla Winters. Such an iconic charcter that is still missed even today. Her fued with Phyllis was must see tv.

3. OG Shadam with Michael Muhney. I was absolutely riveted. I have never seen such effortless chemistry between two characters and I've been around a long time. Hands down, their winter marriage and NOLA was some of the best writing and acting I have seen on daytime.

YR died a long time ago. It's going to take vision and execution to get this show back on track. I'm not expecting glory days but just a little care and a lot less iodicy will go a long way.

Leave a comment:

• GwenSharonteam
    replied
    From past to now ... last time I want to see the next episodes .

1) Sheila/Lauren the reveal .. to see if Sheila’s mother would manage to say the truth after her grange burn out ..
    2) Cane’s death ... and the way he appeared back during his ceremony..., ... one of the best dramatic arc YR did in the past, vey underrated storyline, such a deserved Emmy win for CK/ Lily ... https://boards.soapcentral.com/core/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==​ ...
    3) with my friend Sharon so many arcs and storylines , Lost of her third born child, .... Cameron’s storyline ... the sewer episodes with Nikki and Larry,.... Death’s of Cassie .. no spoiler at the time, I couldn’t believe it I was sure she would woke up and be saved last minute ... Reveal of the Phick affair, how can you make such great scene in underwear, the cliffhanger, Nick decomposing his head when he saw Sharon knew everything, .. I run the day after to see what happened ... and not miss it live, DVR or not, ... , Shack’s wedding ... the John ghost’s storyline with Gloria ... the all Shadam storyline .. from flirtation to wedding, to knowing he kidnapped he baby,to kangaroo trial ... to trying to save Sky, ... I still never understand how victor stay hidden when you know he could save a life .. , and after stay silent all along Sharon’s trial ... ,... , Later on ... Sharon’s losing Dylan’s baby ... Dylan’s last scene ,... even it’s just a glimp the last Shadam love scene was worth it the wait, for so long even it didn’t last ...but still watching for Shey ...
    4) ... I allow a small 4th for the present time ... I am still hanging for Jack whatever happens for him, Sharon and now Lola and Theo ... , I loved their first kisses https://boards.soapcentral.com/core/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==​ ... I tuned it for it ...

Leave a comment:

• Smithey
    replied
    The last time was under Mal Young. Nothing this past year AT ALL. I can’t imagine what CBS was thinking renewing this mess. They must not have had anything to replace it. Its like GL was in its final years—not one resemblance of its former self.

Leave a comment:

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X