Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The businesses of Genoa City

I wonder how even the most successful businesses (NE, Jabot) stay in business; they must run themselves. No work seems to be done at the top level.

Jabot:
    - Kyle & Summer are constantly making out or talking about their relationship within in the office; and/or leaving any time they want to make out at the hotel
    - Plus Kyle & Summer are acting like high school kids trying to outdo Theo in the task Jack has given them.
    - BUT Kyle is supposed to be Co-CEO, a position for which he is not qualified; and which he did not earn - has Jack forgotten this was supposed to be a 3-month trial? I would so like to see Jack remember that and say he doesn't cut it and demote him

NE:
    - When Nick was interim CEO we saw a bit of work, but primarily he too was making out in the office with Phyllis
    - Now Adam is in there as CEO I would think he would be spending his time familiarizing himself with what's going on within the company etc., but the first day is spent first with Chelsea and then duking it out with Nick

Chancellor Communications:
    Too early to tell how this will play out. I love that Lily is back; and like the business partnership between her and Billy - but hope they don't put them together as a couple. However, it's very early days and Lily said to Amanda that they had all kinds of contracts in the works etc. Seems a bit premature for them to have gotten that far; and to be offering a high flyer lawyer like Amanda a job.

Crimson Lights - while it's a meeting place for all the GC citizens and talk about whatever, at least we still see it as a going concern and people working there.

Someone has already posted about The Grand Phoenix.

The

There’s so much chaos and turnover of CEOs that I often joke to my wife, “I wish I hadn’t put so much of my retirement in Jabot and Newman stock.” I get that chaos is good for drama but with a new CEO or major change of direction a few times a year, it’s ridiculous that the show never reflects the financial cost of so much abrupt change.

Comment

• Jupiter Jane
      Jupiter Jane
      Soap Addict
      Jupiter Jane commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I forgot to add this constant change of CEO. The staffs' heads must spin on a regular basis.

• Mr.Sami_Brady
      Mr.Sami_Brady
      Soap Addict
      Mr.Sami_Brady commented
      Editing a comment
      You know, THIS would actually make a good storyline. Something grounded in authenticity and reality, yet dealt with by larger than life characters (if written true to character).

Originally posted by joewriter View Post
    There’s so much chaos and turnover of CEOs that I often joke to my wife, “I wish I hadn’t put so much of my retirement in Jabot and Newman stock.”
    You poor soul, you will never get to retire.

Comment

Jupiter Jane
    Soap Addict
    Jupiter Jane

While it is true that there is a lot going on in the background at Newman and Jabot, between the kisses going on with Kyle and Summer, they are actually producing work.
    According to Jack.

While in his temporary position, Nick was all over that desk.
    However, he was shown making phone calls and conferring with Victor, but maybe Victoria had everything in tip top order so there was nothing for Nick to mess up in the week he was there.

The same with Abby, who is never at work anymore because she is always in bed with Chance, (and other folks showers), and lets not forget the head chef. How many vegetables can she chop when Theo is always in the kitchen?

There is distraction all over Genoa City, but the businesses are thriving!

Comment

• couplingchick
      couplingchick
      Executive Poster
      couplingchick commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly... other than being a snarky hostess to people at Society I don’t see Abby doing a whole lot other than keeping Chances bed warm... at this rate her supposed hotel will never be built LOL!! And speaking of Society I say Theo should just quit Jabot and work there.. it’s no wonder he had to cheat on his presentation because he’s never shown doing any work really unless you call chasing after Lola in the kitchen and planning trips to NYC work?

The only one that did any work at these companies was Victoria.
    Jack is basically hosting Romper Room.
    Nick took a temporary job at Newman because Phyllis told him too.
    All Adam has done is take down Victors picture.
    I guess Lily and Billy are doing some work and they’ve found a great new lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by CouchCruisin' View Post
      Jupiter Jane
      Soap Addict
      Jupiter Jane

and lets not forget the head chef. How many vegetables can she chop when Theo is always in the kitchen?

Another business I forgot to include. Apart from Lola chopping vegetables in the kitchen - does a chef even do that - she also takes off whenever she is inclined. The idea of her running the Society kitchen and also opening a new restaurant in Miami makes no sense.

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
        CouchCruisin'
        Senior Board Member
        CouchCruisin' commented
        Editing a comment
        I absolutely agree with you! ...

• RestlessFan
        RestlessFan
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        RestlessFan commented
        Editing a comment
        So, I am guessing Lola is starting a new restaurant in Miami, BECAUSE, she will go there eventually, possibly? I am not even invested in this quad: Theo, LOla, Kyle, Summer. Why is Jack only a supporting player to this group? TPTB? I need to see Jack running Jabot in order to watch Jabot empire. Not, high school acting interns, all the kissing and making out, and goo eyes in the place of Jack/Jabot (those two go hand in hand, just like Victor/Newman). At least, Victoria, knows how to act in a corporate position.

Originally posted by Chatty Cakes View Post
      The only one that did any work at these companies was Victoria.
      Jack is basically hosting Romper Room.
      Nick took a temporary job at Newman because Phyllis told him too.
      All Adam has done is take down Victors picture.
      I guess Lily and Billy are doing some work and they’ve found a great new lawyer.

Abby with her tablet used to crack me up, too.

Comment

They must spend a fortune making new business cards every few days.

Comment

All Adam has done at NE is get visits from Chelsea and Nick, hang around the office and maybe one phone interview. Then he has SO much time on his hands he can call Chelsea in the middle of the day to ask if he should stop and get take-out on the way home.

Geez, whenever we saw Victoria she was surrounded by a 3-foot stack of manilla folders that she would flap open and slam shut constantly.

When will Adam do any actual work at NE?

Comment

Don't we all secretly wish we had a job where we could come and go at will, have no deadlines, and have as many visitors as we wish? Sounds good in theory, but a real business person would not want to work in that environment.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X