• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chatty Cakes
    Recurring Poster
    • Mar 2020

Mariah being rude to poor Theo

What a jerk she is looking down on Theo while she sits there gossiping about the Newman’s with her grifter con job girlfriend!
  • Chabby lover
    Contract Poster
    • Jun 2018

I might hate Mariah but I am team Mariah here. I don't like Theo more. Mariah has every right to treat Theo however she wants. .She knows the kind of person Theo is since she is with someone who is just like him.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jan 2014

I never,ever think of Theo, as a person to be pitied. Whatever happens to him, he brings on himself.
      Remember he taunted Mariah when she was missing Tessa, with a selfie of Tessa and Tanner hugging. Right at the time
      Mariah was suffering also with Sharon's cancer. He smirked as she left in distress.

Comment

• TunerEyes
        TunerEyes commented
        Editing a comment
        Mariah hasn’t liked Theo I think because of Kyle. She’s also been mean to him during casual encounters or business meetings. She has always had a snide way about her when she’s with someone she doesn’t like and that includes her time with Summer.

For me a redeeming trait has been how she finally let Sharon in and fiercely bonded with her. I’m so glad she is there for Sharon and Faith right now.
        Last edited by TunerEyes; April 16, 2020, 03:07 PM.

• henyvo02
        henyvo02 commented
        Editing a comment
        As far as Mariah and Theo go it takes one to know one and it is because of Mariah's past that she can see right through the snake Theo.

• Rubythroat1
        Rubythroat1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I like people who are not fooled by Theo. He has personality deficits.
        I don't think Lola is at all fooled by him, and can make him behave better.
    • Chatty Cakes
      Recurring Poster
      • Mar 2020

Their tone with him was ridiculous! And he was spot on about the competition. Kyle has worked there for a long time and his daddy is the judge.

Comment

• TexasTango
        TexasTango commented
        Editing a comment
        Theo came to their table and sat down interrupting their lunch to try and sell them on him becomming their PR person. They are hot on media sites and he obviously wants to use them.They made it plain from the moment he intruded that he was not welcome. After the way Theo tried to undermine Mariah with Devon why should she give him the time of day.

• henyvo02
        henyvo02 commented
        Editing a comment
        TexasTango i could not agree more .

• Rubythroat1
        Rubythroat1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good point, TT.........
    • Rubythroat1
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jan 2014

I'm not rooting for either Kyle or Theo. I think the women will be the driving force. Theo has been guilty of sabotage and using an underling to spy on Kyle and use Summer's
      password. Mariah and Tessa have Theo 's whole persona down to a "T".......

Comment

• couplingchick
        Soap Addict
        • Oct 2004

I’m not one to ever stick up for Theo and no doubt he deserves whatever is coming to him for cheating and scheming at Jabot instead of coming up with his own ideas however , I have always thought of Mariah as a bully... she does nothing but talk down to Summer all the time and is very immature and bratty like a child most of the time ... even when Summer is minding her own business. Mariah is older but comes off as way more immature than a lot of the younger folks because of her attitude sometimes imo. Snark every once in awhile is ok but when it is constant and ALWAYS happening it gets beyond annoying. I agree Theo has brought some of this on himself but Mariah could simply ignore Theo as well... be the adult and not engage him but instead she seems to enjoy getting in his face to insult him. Like I said Mariah has always to me at least had that bully quality and even though I’m not Theo’s biggest fan I can still recognize Mariah’s nasty behavior.

Comment

• Chatty Cakes
          Chatty Cakes commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve always thought Mariah was ridiculously rude to Summer. Calling her Snowflake and being condescending when they share a younger sister.

• couplingchick
          couplingchick commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks and yes... I get Summer is not everyone’s favorite but considering she’s younger than Mariah it really is quite pathetic how much Mariah comes for her for no reason whatsoever. It has to be jealousy even though she always desperately tries to act like she’s better than Summer and anyone with money because her obsession with summer and always having to go out of her way to be nasty to her is just nauseating and childish

• CDawnB
          CDawnB commented
          Editing a comment
          You are spot on. I LIKE Mariah but she's a complete turd sometimes. And she seems to throw it out there harder than most of them, coming across as ridiculously snide. I don't get it. It isn't cute.
      • mer
        Board Regular
        • Nov 2006

I don’t remember him asking if he could join them. Anyway, that’s just mean-Mariah dealing with creepy Theo. Not seeing “poor Theo”, nope not seeing that at all.

Comment

• couplingchick
          couplingchick commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t think he’s a victim either but it’s past time that mean Mariah matures into an adult already because I’m over her childish behavior... her own little sister Faith is ten times more mature than her

• mer
          mer commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree couplingchick. I actually don’t care for either one of them. In fact they’re one in the same, and not surprised by their behaviors.

• fep007
          fep007 commented
          Editing a comment
          Why is she childish, because she's smart enough not to want to deal with Theo? I haven't forgotten Theo sending Mariah that photo of Tessa and Tanner to inflict as much pain to Mariah as he could, when he knew for a fact that Mariah was upset about Tessa being on tour and not hearing from her, along with the fact that her mother is fighting breast cancer. Then he sits at their table, uninvited, and gives Mariah a false apology about what he did. Usually when someone starts off an apology with "If I did something to offend you....." you know their "apology" is BS, and Mariah knew it, which is why she treated Theo the way that she did because she knew he wasn't sincere. We have to remember, Mariah didn't like Kyle either at first because he was a jerk and was treating him just like she's treating Theo. Until he starts showing that he can be trusted, it's safer for Mariah to be on her guard with Theo.
      • MarietteM
        Senior Board Member
        • May 2012

Good for Mariah. Theo is not a good man.

Comment

• BrAk5742
          Contract Poster
          • Oct 2006

As much as I'm starting to love Theo... I understand where the heat is coming from concerning Mariah and why she doesn't trust him. He tried to undermind her when they both worked for Devon.

To be fair, I think Theo was only being facetious when he showed Mariah that picture of Tessa and Tanner. He clearly spoke as someone in the marketing business, and not someone trying to stick it to Mariah. However, Theo hasn't truly done anything to change Mariah's mind of him so she only saw him as the bothersome guy she's always had to endure.

Lola, Jack, and Dina are the only ones to see Theo's softer side. Lola and Mariah haven't had a conversation in quite a while so Mariah has no other information other than what she directly knows of Theo and Kyle's perception of him. No wonder she's mean to him.

There's one thing... considering the MANY chances Mariah has received over her tenure in GC (and especially with her recent one), I would hope she'd hold her acerbic tongue at times.

Side note: I have NO problem with how she treats Summer because they've had a contested relationship for years. Summer is only being nice because she's got what she wants (for now), Kyle.

Comment

• couplingchick
            couplingchick commented
            Editing a comment
            By the way I HATE that I’m defending Theo here because he has not been a favorite of mine in this storyline at all but I refuse to give Mariah a pass on her nasty behavior here which is par for the course for her ... simply because I may not like the character she happens to be bullying today lol

• BrAk5742
            BrAk5742 commented
            Editing a comment
            couplingchick - like I said, Mariah looks out for her friends. It might not be her business but she made it her business. Just as Summer kept butting into Kyle's relationship with Lola but that didn't stop her. I'm glad that Mariah calls Summer out. The thing with soaps is people do dastardly things to others then everyone turns a blind eye to the point that it's unrealistic (Hillary with Neil/Devon) while others don't let it go (Hillary vs Lily). Mariah is the latter.

As I said in my original post. Theo hasn't shown himself to be any different from the guy that undermined Mariah and tried to take her job away so understandably, she doesn't trust him. Theo isn't all bad... but the viewers have seen things that many characters have not seen when it comes to Theo. I happen to like both characters so that's why I can understand both sides.

If everyone kept silent in fear of being a hypocrite then there would be no storylines. Summer came down HARD on her parents for getting back together even though they're both single while she's literally sleeping with a married man. Big ol' hypocrite yet what will be will be.

As for Mariah and Tessa, I wish they had stayed broken up (no love lost there). Mariah is simply a shell of herself when she's with Tessa.

How about this, since Summer knows that Mariah doesn't like her... why keep poking the bear?
            When Mariah was talking to Kyle about Tessa, she could've walked away... SHOULD'VE walked away but nope, she stayed and endured Mariah's tongue.

You're never going to like Mariah, and that's fine... so there's nothing I can say that will change your mind.

• couplingchick
            couplingchick commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah we aren’t ever going to see Mariah the same way but that’s ok... I like Summer and can’t stand Mariah and you feel the opposite and you’re right.. no matter what neither of us will change the others mind and that’s fine. Summer could’ve left when Kyle went to talk to Mariah but why should she? Kyle has told Mariah he’s with Summer and that’s who he’s meant to be with.... he shouldn’t have to tell Summer to go sit somewhere else while Mariah unloads about all her self made issues with Tessa just because Mariah can’t be civil to her for 5 min. Summer was trying to be nice in that moment but Mariah selfishly lashed out at her anyway. I really wish one day Mariah gets over whatever issue she has with Summer because they do share siblings together and for that reason they’ll always be in each other’s lives .. I don’t think that’s asking too much really.
        • ekek
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Mar 2004

Poor Theo? He sat down to run game and use her. He's out for himself.

As if he didn't bribe someone to spy for him and log into his department heads computer. Whatever contempt he gets he earned.

Comment

• taramartin
            Soap Addict
            • Oct 2013

I usually like Mariah but I thought she was acting unnecessarily ugly.

Comment

• JViv
              Board Regular
              • May 2009

While Theo isn’t a ‘white hat’, neither is Mariah and ESPECIALLY neither is Tessa. Between the three of them I watch Theo’s scenes but ffwd through every single second of Tessa - so Mariah is a wasted character for me.

Given both Mariah and Tessa’s shady pasts - would have been enough to have just said ‘thanks and goodbye’. But that’s never how it happens in Judgy-town, Wisconsin.

Comment

• CDawnB
                CDawnB commented
                Editing a comment
                Judgy-town Wisconsin!!!! Well said and thanks for the laugh! Those two are too much...
            • CouchCruisin'
              Executive Poster
              • May 2014

Originally posted by Chatty Cakes View Post
              What a jerk she is looking down on Theo while she sits there gossiping about the Newman’s with her grifter con job girlfriend!
              Chatty Cakes Mariah's default is rude. I expect nothing less when I see her.

Comment

• couplingchick
                couplingchick commented
                Editing a comment
                Sadly you are 100% right @CouchCruisin’ !! I may not be Theo’s biggest fan but I’ll always call out Genoa City’s resident bully Mariah when she runs her mouth too much and today with Theo was no different. I just wish for once someone can call her out on her nasty behavior... even Summer bites her tongue when Mariah is consistently being a mean girl to her... just once I want Summer to turn to Mariah and read her for all her nasty and hypocritical behavior!Lol

• CouchCruisin'
                CouchCruisin' commented
                Editing a comment
                The Resident Bully is an apt description.
                I would also LOVE to see Summer give back some of the venom she gets for no darned reason.
                I don't care what happened in the past. It's ridiculous that Maria is still holding on to... whatever.
                People say Abby and Summer ganged up on Mariah. If true, why doesn't she also go after Abby this way?
                It makes no sense.
                If her bitterness comes from the past, she needs to leave it in the past and grow up.
                Theo, louse that he is, should have let her and Tessa have it also.
            • geraldine123
              Board Regular
              • Feb 2008

Mariah was perfectly justified in having attitude with Theo. Today, he arrogantly pulled himself up to her table, intruded in her conversation, and began pushing some agenda...again.

From her very first meetings with this guy, he has been unscrupulous and shady, and not only tried to take her job, but hit on her significant other.

Plus Kyle is one of Mariah's BFF's. It was Kyle she went to when she and Tessa broke up. It'd make sense she'd trust Kyle's opinions of him. Her personal dealings with Theo certainly hasn't given her cause to think Kyle is off the mark about him.

Comment

• henyvo02
                henyvo02 commented
                Editing a comment
                I know Mariah is very justified in her hatred of Theo and people forget that when it comes to Summer and Mariah well Summer gives as good as she gets it is not as if it is one sided.

• CouchCruisin'
                CouchCruisin' commented
                Editing a comment
                In the last, I will say six months, I don't recall Summer ever having a negative word to say to Mariah, even after being verbally bullied.
                But every time Mariah sees Summer, she is nasty, with exception to the day Summer found out that Sharon has Cancer.
                It is very much one sided.
                If I am mistaken, please remind me.

• couplingchick
                couplingchick commented
                Editing a comment
                @CouchCruisin’ you are 100% correct... Mariah is ALWAYS going out of her way to be rude and condescending to Summer and Summer is always the adult about it and ignores her and doesn’t engage whatsoever... imo they write Mariah as the younger and immature one instead of Summer who is in fact a lot younger than Mariah. The only instance I’ve been able to get out of people who say Summer is so called “ rude “ or “ mean” to Mariah was YEARS ago when Mariah first came to town to torture her own mother for cash... back then Summer was a teenager and yes she was rude to Mariah along with Abby as well but since then Summer has all but ignored Mariah and tried to be civil with her because they share siblings together.. maybe one day Mariah will finally reach maturity as well and learn to keep her rude and nasty comments to herself.
            • xoregonian
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Feb 2014

Ya it sure seems like Mariah is on team Summer and Abby more and more. I guess when she gets to be this awful to Theo, she doesn't need to be a snark to the other girls as much.

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
                CouchCruisin' commented
                Editing a comment
                The team Summer thing remains to be seen. I'm sure Mariah didn't want to show her butt in front of Sharon.
                And I was shocked at the goodbye cheek kisses between her and Abby. She never treats Abby the way she treats Summer though.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X