Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nick's hypocrisy: Lecturing Adam after how he funded DH/Never wanted job [MERGED]

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick's hypocrisy: Lecturing Adam after how he funded DH/Never wanted job [MERGED]

This scene where Nick is all over Adam for leveraging his way into the Newman CEO slot when it was Nick who pulled all the crazy stuff he did while he was funding Dark Horse originally SERIOUSLY DUDE?

When Victoria returned to Newman he couldn’t leave fast enough to go service Phyllis. He had no interest in the family company. Now he’s mad because the top job is Adams.
    ncposton
    Board Regular
    Last edited by ncposton; April 15, 2020, 06:29 PM. Reason: edited to clarify subject

Comment

• littleliz
      littleliz
      Executive Poster
      littleliz commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know any good company that could survive all the changes in the CEO's. The three of them can all just step
      in and know what to do. Who to talk to and what deals to be made. It really makes no sense to me. He sure turned on Chelsea fast. He loved her ha ha!
      littleliz
      Executive Poster
      Last edited by littleliz; April 16, 2020, 02:24 AM. Reason: forgot about his reaction to Chelsea

• Rubythroat1
      Rubythroat1
      Aspiring soap scribe
      Rubythroat1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nick is a bit like Victor, in confrontation. He sidles right up to Adam almost nose to nose, and puts his face right in there. MG is about one inch taller, though.
      He probably had his fists balled up in his pockets just like Victor too.
      I was thinking "what gives Chelsea the right to be referee?-"stop this"....and they stop just like she was a grade school teacher!

• TunerEyes
      TunerEyes
      Scriptwriter
      TunerEyes commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes ape man in his full fury. Bad enough but big turn off with his “Boy!” comment to Adam. Who talks like that. Low class. Nick is a big bully at heart.

Nick functions from visceral, physical impulses—never reflective or rational. With both Phyllis and Adam, he is purely emotional/physical. Impulse control zero. I’m really tired of the continual animosity—for whatever reason—between Adam and Nick. The hypocrisy is overlooked, because Nick has no self-awareness. I had hoped writers would choose a different lens somehow, but they always revert to the past with no hope of healing or reconciliation.

Comment

Nick is just stupid, simple as that. I’m just waiting for a good laugh when he opens his mouth and makes excuses for not getting upset at the things Phyllis does that are just like what Adam does. I’m sure a good excuse or comments will be written for Nick to say, and the viewers are suppose to roll with it. This show is not good or entertaining anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanlady View Post
        Nick is just stupid, simple as that. I’m just waiting for a good laugh when he opens his mouth and makes excuses for not getting upset at the things Phyllis does that are just like what Adam does. I’m sure a good excuse or comments will be written for Nick to say, and the viewers are suppose to roll with it. This show is not good or entertaining anymore.
        I completely agree. This side of Nick we saw yesterday and today is something we have seen so many times. Seeing it yet again could cure insomnia. Great big angry Nick, He-Man, incensed protective brother, threatening Adam while getting up in his face to come off so powerful and manly. It does not work. I am not sure it ever did. And it is very likely he will give Phyllis a pass on her nefarious actions. Which will come off as absurd. Nick has no REAL internal barometer about what is actually right or wrong-----the only working barometer he has is the one attached to his overblown middle-aged hormones. Most of his reactions are just the usual knee-jerk automatic responses he always gives.

Comment

Originally posted by Y&R25years View Post
          This scene where Nick is all over Adam for leveraging his way into the Newman CEO slot when it was Nick who pulled all the crazy stuff he did while he was funding Dark Horse originally SERIOUSLY DUDE?
          I agree with you that Nick has pulled some doozies, but he was still correct about Adam.

Comment

Nick yelling. So typical. Can his character ever grow up?

Comment

Nick is sick. He didn't help at Newman because he wanted to. He did it so Adam couldn't have it. He has spent all his time raging at one person after another. For years he made sure Adam didn't feel like part of the family.

When he was yelling at Chelsea about Connor she should have said she was more worried about Christian. That is Adam's son and if Christian is raised to hate his father he'll hate part of himself too.

Comment

Why do the writers think that Nick and his bullying is entertaining. Most of the viewers are now ff through most of his dialogue and his romps with Phyllis. He is no longer entertaining the way he is being written and a lot of us no longer like his character. They always talk about Victor but they are no better than he is and in some instances they are just like him with the crap that they pull. They just haven't gotten around to pitting their kids against each other yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ekek View Post
                  Nick is sick. He didn't help at Newman because he wanted to. He did it so Adam couldn't have it. He has spent all his time raging at one person after another. For years he made sure Adam didn't feel like part of the family.

Exactly! He said yes to NE after Phyllis convinced with some well placed pillow talk and he only agreed because he didn't want Adam to have the spot, in a moment when Adam was not set on revenge, but on winning points with his dad. And then once he was in the big office, he put on his big boy suit and had booty calls with Phyllis all over that executive desk. All the while the entire family was patting him on the back for stepping up.
                  I just can't with this guy!!

Comment

I'm really tired of Nick's bullying behavior! He acts like a thug.

Comment

My issue with the way Nick acts is it's never effective. It would be one thing if Nick was some scary thuggish guy who really took care of things, but all he does is get in peoples' faces and, occasionally, knock them around. Then? Nothing. The problem still exists. That's why someone like Adam doesn't take him seriously.

Comment

I can’t help thinking, what exactly can Nick do about Adam taking over as CEO? Help Victoria? Moral support is fine, but does she really need his help, and what shape would it take, anyway? Intimidate Adam into giving up his position? Not going to happen. Take the moral high ground? Considering how Nick punished Victor by pretending to be a vengeful JT, and picking Victor’s pockets to start rival Dark Horse, um, okay. Nick has never tried to kill his father, at least to my knowledge, so he does have that over Adam.
                        Nick never sees his own behavior as bad or unethical because he thinks he’s right. But he’s not alone in that. GC is full of other people who are quick to judge, but unable to own their own failings.

Comment

Nick would not have gone to see Adam if Adam had not pulled an underhanded deed. Nick does tend to react at times before thinking it through but it is not like Adam did not have it coming to him. If Adam wants to keep Nick out of his face then stop all the shenanigans. Adam is not that important and Nick has better things to do they go after him. However, Adam crossed Victoria by using info on Daddy and Nick is going to stand up for her.

Adam is not a saint and his is not stupid. Adam knows if he goes after a Newman then he has to deal with all of them. If Adam is such a hot shot businessman then start his own business and prove it.
                          DallasGal
                          Aspiring soap scribe
                          Last edited by DallasGal; April 20, 2020, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X