Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPOILER! Casting news

Christel Khalil as Lily is back completely she is not leaving any time soon. She and her family relocated to LA she is back as Lily and she is not leaving.

Source: SOD

Wow... well that’s good to hear. I actually enjoy Lilly , minus Cane of course lol. Interested to see what happens with Lilly now... but I have this feeling they are going to throw her and Billy back together

Comment

• couplingchick
      couplingchick
      Executive Poster
      couplingchick commented
      Editing a comment
      I actually wouldn’t be too disappointed if they went with Lilly and Billy right now. I’d rather he end up with Lilly than Amanda at this point and as long as Cane is out of the picture for now I may be able to stand this pairing. Now if only Jill was back full time ... I really miss her on the show and have enjoyed all her recent trips back

• Amethyst57
      Amethyst57
      Recurring Poster
      Amethyst57 commented
      Editing a comment
      Billy will just be using Lilly as his rebound. He and Victoria are done, he can't be with the woman (Amanda) he wants to be with...so he'll just latch on to Lilly.

• Anotherwoman
      Anotherwoman
      Board Regular
      Anotherwoman commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to have Lily back.

I like Lily. But they will have to step up the writing for her and Billy and not be so standard romcom formula if they are gonna try and make me forget about Billy and Amanda.

Comment

The Winter's needed more family members. So, this is good.

Comment

I've really been enjoying her more since she came back. I'm glad to see this news.

Comment

That's some good news.

Comment

Originally posted by EPJ46990 View Post
            I like Lily. But they will have to step up the writing for her and Billy and not be so standard romcom formula if they are gonna try and make me forget about Billy and Amanda.
            I hate Billy and Amanda as a possible couple with the heat of a thousand suns

But I agree that the writing for Billy and Lily is formulaic and predictable and therefore boring. if is Gamorra and Starlord from Guardians or Sam and Diane or any rom-com movie from the past two decades. It is old and I hate that the writers treat viewers like we are dumb and can’t see it from a mile away.

If she is going to stick around and be a power player, put her with Nick or Adam (watch Billy’s head explode with that one) - both of these would be different and unexpected.

Because for the life of me I cannot figure out why any woman who had her stuff together like Amanda or Lily would want to be in a mile of relationship with Billy. That is not character based writing and not good writing for women.

I don’t get it, either woman would be a repeat of the Villy dynamic because he will implode again.
            bronxgal
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            Last edited by bronxgal; April 14, 2020, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• EPJ46990
              EPJ46990
              Board Regular
              EPJ46990 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have wanted to see Nick and Lily for a while now. Phyllis would seethe and it would be funny to see the Dru/Phyllis dynamic comeback but through Lily.

I don’t think Amilly (or Lilliam) has to be a repeat of Villy. They could have Billy show growth for once with either woman. But the writing regimes actively choose to keep him stuck in self-destruct mode. I’m hopeful that this time around the writers will see that folks are beyond tired of the Villy dynamic and not continue repeating it by putting Villy back together or having Billy repeat his same mistakes even with a new woman.

Hell I’d even get behind Lily and Adam if it meant I was spared from more Chelsea and Chadam. They could be fire.

• bronxgal
              bronxgal
              bronxgal commented
              Editing a comment
              EPJ46990
              Board Regular
              EPJ46990 Sorry I can’t do hybrid names

I know some on this board hate Billy and Victoria but there are a lot of fans of the couple out there. And I do believe that they will eventually be put together again. They are just one of those couples that are going to be together no matter what they do to each other.

I don’t want Billy with anyone until he straightens himself out on his own.

I agree that the writers will most likely keep him in self-destruct mode - JT does do well with that kind of material so the writers may write to his strengths - and because of that it will be up to Lily or Amanda to fix him, and to me that is not sexy or romantic, and I want more for them.

If anyone has to help Billy fix his issues let it be Jill since it probably started with her in the first place
              bronxgal
              Last edited by bronxgal; April 14, 2020, 05:55 PM.

• EPJ46990
              EPJ46990
              Board Regular
              EPJ46990 commented
              Editing a comment
              bronxgal
              bronxgal I know Billy/Victoria have a lot of fans and that eventually they will get back together. However, I feel like they have gotten the Shick treatment, where it is just so predictable how their makeup and breakup will go that even their fans are tired of the runaround. The regimes ruin the magic of the couple with the same circular storytelling. The actors may have spark (I've never really seen it with JT/AH; SC/JM still have it IMO) but when you can pretty much write the storyline and watch it play out in your head....you just wonder what's the point of them even trying again. I don't hate the arguably "end game" couples, I just find them not worth washing, rinsing, and repeating until we're really at the show being on its last legs/headed off the air.

As you said, I'm sure Billy will still get the "perpetual screw up" narrative, which is unfortunate. But, I wish they would put the DID twist in like they had started. It at least adds an element that we haven't seen before with him (not fully fleshed out at least). Like you said, Billy's issues are likely mommy driven, which is cliche. Billy probably still isn't over the fact that Jill treated Cane more like a son than Billy lol.

I could not care less about the character Lily. Pairing her with Billy is just another version of her and Cane - only thing that’s missing is the sexy Aussie accent.

Billy is more of a screwed up gambling lying cheat (embezzler on top of it all) than Cane ever was. Cane loved Lily and he regularly got a view of the underside of her nose. Cannot hardly wait to see her perpetual disdain return just for Billy. And he’s worried about VICTORIA judging him? Pffffffttt!
            JViv
            Board Regular
            Last edited by JViv; April 14, 2020, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Didn't Billy and Lily dated before or maybe they were only close friends? I am trying to remember. It was during the time Esther's daughter, Chloe showed up in G.C., pregnant with Billy's child and she was hiding who the father was (if I remember correctly) and she tricked Cane into thinking that he was the bio-father of her baby. Didn't Cane marry Chloe and he sort of bonded with Chloe baby (Delia) and that's how Cane and Billy came into conflict over the child (Delia) and Cane tried to claimed it as his own, but Chloe/Billy stopped him. I think it was during this time that Billy and Lily were dating and got close, too.

Comment

• EPJ46990
                EPJ46990
                Board Regular
                EPJ46990 commented
                Editing a comment
                They dated. My timeline may be off but I think this is how it played out.

I think Lily and Cane had broken up bc of the Chloe’s baby lie. Billy had spotted Lily modeling or something like that. Then he pretend to be someone else while talking to her online/texting. Eventually, it was revealed to Lily that the guy she was texting was Billy. I think Lily was upset at first but then they started dating. Cane wasn’t happy about them being together. But he had married Chloe and was excited about the baby. Then eventually Lily and Billy were at some cabin for a romantic weekend. And Chloe showed up and ended up giving birth and admitting that Billy was the father.

Cane was upset about not being in the baby’s life and was going to try to get custody but I think a combo of Lily Billy Chloe etc. talked him out of it.

• RestlessFan
                RestlessFan
                RestlessFan commented
                Editing a comment
                So, both Chloe and Chelsea have tricked men into marriages because the men were told they were the biological fathers of their babies. Chloe did it to Cane and Chelsea did it to Dylan.

• EPJ46990
                EPJ46990
                Board Regular
                EPJ46990 commented
                Editing a comment
                RestlessFan
                RestlessFan Yup. In fact, I think it came up when Chloe was encouraging Chelsea to do it. But I wasn't really watching the show at the time because I couldn't stand fertile Myrtle Chelsea and her being total idiot knowing full well how she whined about not knowing her dad and then finding out who he was and knowing Adam's history with not growing up with Victor in his life.

Well at least it's in a new s/l and not the same old boring Cane stuff.

Comment

Lily is Drucilla & Neil's daugher (even if Malcolm is the biological dad). I'm glad she's back. I don't necessarily want her with Billy but its good to see her in a business story and interacting with more people.

Comment

Originally posted by Chabby lover View Post
                  Christel Khalil as Lily is back completely she is not leaving any time soon. She and her family relocated to LA she is back as Lily and she is not leaving.

Source: SOD
                  Well, I just added Y&R back to my DVR with this news. I am very excited!

Comment

Originally posted by bronxgal View Post

I hate Billy and Amanda as a possible couple with the heat of a thousand suns

But I agree that the writing for Billy and Lily is formulaic and predictable and therefore boring. if is Gamorra and Starlord from Guardians or Sam and Diane or any rom-com movie from the past two decades. It is old and I hate that the writers treat viewers like we are dumb and can’t see it from a mile away.

If she is going to stick around and be a power player, put her with Nick or Adam (watch Billy’s head explode with that one) - both of these would be different and unexpected.

Because for the life of me I cannot figure out why any woman who had her stuff together like Amanda or Lily would want to be in a mile of relationship with Billy. That is not character based writing and not good writing for women.hrt

I don’t get it, either woman would be a repeat of the Villy dynamic because he will implode again.
                  IMO, Y&R is having difficulty moving upward the numbers for the key categories because there is not one woman in GC who does not owe her power position to a man. Hopefully, Lily will take a page out of Neil's book by becoming powerful because she is hard worker and qualified, without having a relationship with a man. If Lily thought Cane gave her heartache, nymphomaniac Nick and murderer Adam will rip out her heart.

Comment

This is good news, especially since she's been moved out of Devon's orbit and is new-venturing on her own! She told Billy that she had a boyfriend, so maybe a fresh male face will make an appearance I don't want her hooked up w/any of the GC male misfits. I just want to enjoy Lily in her freedom and Bossdom!

Comment

I think it'll be nice to have Lily back in town, without that albatross.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X