Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPOILER! Lola tells Theo her plans

Lola tells Theo she needs to go to Miami to deal with a problem on the construction site of her new restaurant

Source: SOD
    ncposton
    Board Regular
    Last edited by ncposton; April 15, 2020, 03:07 PM. Reason: Edited to clarify subject

Looks like the beginning of the end..,

Comment

I wonder how short or long this trip to Miami will be? The last time she left she was gone for like one day it seemed like. Maybe Lola can drag ditzy Abby down to Miami with her since Abby seems to think she knows how to handle new construction sites

Comment

• couplingchick
        couplingchick
        Executive Poster
        couplingchick commented
        Editing a comment
        I’d love for Phyllis and Abby to be in different storylines believe me! As a Phyllis fan it’s laughable that they even have Abby as a some what formidable opponent of Phyllis... It’s quite a stretch for me to believe that Abby is any kind of challenge for Phyllis.

• RestlessFan
        RestlessFan
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        RestlessFan commented
        Editing a comment
        Amanda, or the actress, could easily go back to a Hillary type (a force to be reckoned with), the actress was really good at that when she played Hillary. Now, the actress, is playing Amanda, and she is capable of playing formidable opponent to Phyllis, but TPTB are using Abby to fight over hotel business and also Chelsea since she was with Nick so I am gathering just from reading recaps that Phyllis is gloating to Chelsea that she now has the man Chelsea was recently sleeping with.

• couplingchick
        couplingchick
        Executive Poster
        couplingchick commented
        Editing a comment
        I like Amanda and I definitely think she has the backbone to be a formidable opponent to Phyllis if they chose to go that route one day... 100 times more believable than Abby lol

Bye bye Lola...me thinks Theo will be riding with you .

Comment

Hoping she will decide to stay there then Theo will follow her after the episode with his presentation. Good bye to both of them......

Comment

This sounds like her exit. Lola is probably never returning from Miami.

Comment

• couplingchick
          couplingchick
          Executive Poster
          couplingchick commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn’t be surprised if she didn’t... I mean other than Rey what does she have to return to? Especially now that she’s building her own restaurant from the ground up supposedly back in Miami where all her family is.

i really hope these two characters are not leaving for good. It was nice to see different dynamics such as lifestyle and socioeconomic status within various cultures on the show intermingling with legacy characters to possibly create new legacies. I actually like both of them just not necessarily together. I am enjoying Amanda and I am pretty sure she is here to stay for a while. Hopefully, the canvas will grow and become more intricate with some fresh faces soon enough.

Comment

Michelle Stafford and Christian Leblanc just did an Instagram live and they refuted the claims either one is leaving so, the plot thickens. It's possible they don't know.

Comment

• couplingchick
            couplingchick
            Executive Poster
            couplingchick commented
            Editing a comment
            Well I mean they are “ actors “ and they are both at the top of their game so .. lol. Did they mention anything about a storyline coming up involving their 2 characters? I LOVE Phyllis and Michael.. their friendship was always one of my favorites on any soap and it was so believable because of how well MS & CL play off one another. I’d rather see Phyllis with Michael any day over her childish fights with Abby

• shelle4ever
            shelle4ever
            Recurring Poster
            shelle4ever commented
            Editing a comment
            BackstreetGem, I have seen actors/actresses deny things only later for it to be confirmed to be true. Maybe they were acting surprised and shocked.

• *BackstreetGem*
            *BackstreetGem*
            Board Regular
            *BackstreetGem* commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd venture to guess that they just don't know, they don't work together often if at all. I don't think the show would actively tell them to lie to people. Like I said, they could just ignore the comment.

I REALLY hope that this is just a minor thing and Lola is coming back.

As much as we've had to endure Tessa (yet she's still here )... let us keep Lola! I need Lola and Theo to stick around.

Kyle should have to still see his ex-wife... especially since he can't get his assistant to get his food or have it delievered. I COULD do without Lola constantly saying that Kyle and Summer belong together, though.

Comment

After watching today’s episode I no doubt believe that Lola most likely will be coming back because of how she left things with Theo. Lola was singing his praises and boosting his confidence but the minute she leaves he gets his “ tip” from Kendra and begins his plans to find out Summer and Kyles pitch. I don’t know how Lola will react to this when it all comes out next week... you have Rey, Mariah, Summer and obviously Kyle who have told Lola over and over again to watch out for Theo and that he’s not this good guy that Lola seems to think he is deep down... I’m just curious how this will impact their blossoming relationship. I myself liked the scenes lately of Lola & Theo... I think she does wonders in making him more level headed and appealing. I have to wonder honestly if he would’ve seriously gone through with his little scheme to undermine Kyles pitch if Lola had stuck around to encourage him and give him that boost of confidence like she has in the past. Obviously it’s not anybody’s fault but Theo’s in the end for his choices that he makes just simply pointing out that she seems to bring out another side in him is all
            couplingchick
            Executive Poster
            Last edited by couplingchick; April 15, 2020, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• couplingchick
              couplingchick
              Executive Poster
              couplingchick commented
              Editing a comment
              shelle4ever
              Recurring Poster
              shelle4ever .. thats no doubt a possibility as well!

• shelle4ever
              shelle4ever
              Recurring Poster
              shelle4ever commented
              Editing a comment
              I wonder if Lola does stay, if Lola isn't with Theo, what's left for Lola story wise?? What else can be written for her??

• couplingchick
              couplingchick
              Executive Poster
              couplingchick commented
              Editing a comment
              Honestly I have no idea because other than her job and a few friends there’s not a lot keeping her in Genoa City... even her brother Rey is understandably busy with his own life and being there for Sharon through her illness. I really do like Lola with Theo... I think she’s been a positive influence on him and even though both are somewhat new characters I think there’s plenty of story still to tell with both of them.. even more so as a possible couple moving forward

Sasha was filming up until the last day before production shutdown. Lola has no place in the Jabot storyline so her being out of town makes sense. The Miami restaurant reads like a back burner storyline to give Lola a focus after the break up because she would never do the opposite like scheme to try and get Kyle back unlike her counterpart.

They’ve yet to even explore SKYLE’s reaction at seeing Theo and Lola be a full blown couple around town (Kyle hasn’t even seen them kiss), and this is a soap so you absolutely know they’re going to explore the other side of it. The quad is very much still at play and everything I’m seeing has me convinced we’re getting the eventual Kyle/Lola/Theo triangle.

It’s too obvious not to happen, two male relatives fighting over the same woman is your classic soap trope. And the trio + Dina scenes last week was literally a metaphor to parallel Kyle/Lola/Theo to John/Dina/Stuart. It’s barely been three months since kola’s breakup and Kyle MULTIPLE times has already been looking some type of way at seeing Theo and Lola together. So yeah I highly doubt Tyler and Sasha are going anywhere. If anything people should be asking what becomes of Summer because Hunter’s pilot is very much still in the works and could get picked up for the fall tv schedule.
            ChadamFan
            Day Player
            Last edited by ChadamFan; April 18, 2020, 01:37 AM.

Comment

• couplingchick
              couplingchick
              Executive Poster
              couplingchick commented
              Editing a comment
              Well of course it’s a soap and just like how Lola and Kyle had a good what 6 months or so of being together before he found his way back to Summer then sure the same thing could happen and he could once again go after Lola at some point even though they agreed a divorce and moving on was the best thing for both of them. I no doubt know that no matter what happens with Hunter King’s pilot ( although with everything being put on hold as of now production wise I’d highly doubt we’d know anything by fall time regardless) that Summer, like Kyle is a character that will be off and on Y&R for awhile to come. The same can’t be said for new characters such as Lola and Theo. I actually have started to enjoy Theo and Lola together and I think for now and for a few months or longer the quad will stay pretty much Summer/Kyle and their romance that’s blossoming and Theo and Lola exploring there new relationship as well. After all Theo has been through recently I see Lola in his story kind of like his saving grace... the one person who may be able to bring out the real Theo and not this tough guy and sneaky persona he has going right now that Summer and Kyle seem to bring out the most in him lol. Theo and Lola have both grown on me recently so I wouldn’t be opposed to them both sticking around... I think there’s plenty of story left to be told between the two

The really delicious soapy exit would be for a
            scene of Lola in Miami looking at a home pregnancy test positive, smiling with delight and then canceling her return flight to GC.

Having a secret like this hanging in the background could play a lot of different ways. Most likely - Kyle finds out and opts out of fatherhood. Or - Lola dies in childbirth right as Summer/Kyle are getting married and poof! -instant daddy angst. Either scenario gives Summer ‘outta here’ material.

Kyle and Summer will not last. They are eventually going to be on the outs because Kyle won’t meet the imagined Newman standard. Not that the bar is all that high or that Summer is deserving of someone better than Kyle. She’s a vapid twit with Newman expectations of worship that Kyle isn’t capable of delivering.

Sumner, like Abby, will always destroy a relationship over her polluted bloodline. They only differ in how creatively they shoot themselves in the relationship foot.
            JViv
            Board Regular
            Last edited by JViv; April 18, 2020, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• Chabby lover
              Chabby lover
              Contract Poster
              Chabby lover commented
              Editing a comment
              Kyle and Summer will love she loves Kyle and she will be with him for awhile. Summer loves Kyle. They know everything about him and she doesn't have an expectation and neither does Kyle. They know everything about each other and that is what they love about each other. They understand each other. Summer is nothing like Abby at all. Summer doesn't destroy relationships that completely Abby and only Abby. Summer is not going to leave Kyle they are endgame. Even if they break up they will end up back together thy always do because they are in love with each other.

• JViv
              JViv
              Board Regular
              JViv commented
              Editing a comment
              Chabby lover
              Contract Poster
              Chabby lover - we will have to agree to disagree. Neither Kyle nor Summer know what abiding, adult love is. Both have shown, repeatedly, they have no moral compass (setting up Billy for an addiction relapse, exploiting a life/death health issue for your own gain, loving one woman with your whole heart one day the next it’s your skeevy best friend).

A couple for the long haul? I surely hope not as for this viewer they are as hurl worthy as Nick/Phyllis - Skeevy v1.0.

I'd like to see Lola return be that Kyle finds out from Rey she was pregnant and never told him. He tracks her down and confronts her. She returns because he says if she doesn't he will fight for custody.

Comment

• SoapQuest
              SoapQuest
              Board Regular
              SoapQuest commented
              Editing a comment
              That is almost what I've been hoping will happen except the custody drama. She started to show and that prompted her to leave town to plan her next move before anyone sees her bump. She returns with Celeste in tow to live with her until the baby is born. She tells Kyle she won't fight him about custody because it will be shared custody and as he watches their baby grow he begins to want his wife back.

• 1CorgiMom
              1CorgiMom
              Day Player
              1CorgiMom commented
              Editing a comment
              This was sort of what I was thinking may happen!

IMO, Lola is one of the most level headed, smart, and decent women on the show. She was established as ambitious from the start. After her disastrous choice of marriage
            partners with Kyle, there is no way she is going to get pregnant by accident, Remember the time she almost had a fit when she thought she MIGHT BE pregnant
            and the relief when she wasn't?
            Lola is pretty savvy with both Kyle and Theo, and knows their flaws. The restaurant is her focus right now, not the boys.
            Rubythroat1
            Aspiring soap scribe
            Last edited by Rubythroat1; April 21, 2020, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• couplingchick
              couplingchick
              Executive Poster
              couplingchick commented
              Editing a comment
              Rubythroat1
              Aspiring soap scribe
              Rubythroat1 ... I agree seeing as her ex Kyle has clearly moved on and is already in a rush to get a place with his current love Summer I doubt the show will back peddle with a surprise pregnancy especially since Kyle hasn’t even been intimate with Lola in almost 4 months now. I think the show is clearly goIng in another direction and for now Kyle and Lola are over.. whether she moves on in her relationship with Theo remains to be seen since she is very career driven and is busy with two restaurants, one in Genoa City and one being built in Miami but I think the potential is there for this couple if TPTB decide to explore it more

• 1CorgiMom
              1CorgiMom
              Day Player
              1CorgiMom commented
              Editing a comment
              SoapQuest
              Board Regular
              SoapQuest - now that would be one heck of a storyline and excitedly worth watching unfold!

• SoapQuest
              SoapQuest
              Board Regular
              SoapQuest commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, I hear rewrites are happening again so I'm crossing my fingers that when Mrs. Abbott returns from Miami there will be a little baby bump for everyone to see. Abby, Mariah, and Tessa will be beyond joy. I can see them now giggling and planning a baby shower. ;] Lola's surprise would finally be revealed after months of heartache and trying to keep life stress-free for her child.. I would love it if Celeste returned with her or followed shortly after. Jack would have to eat major crow and fall over his falseness to make sure Lola allows him into his grandchild's life. I hope Celeste gives both he and Kyle hell for the way they've treated her daughter. Theo's face would drop but he'd finally get why she hasn't been out with him especially to NYC. Kyle would go crazy thinking how he's treated his wife and the entire time she was carrying their baby. As for Summer, who cares what she thinks?

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X