Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

CLOUDFARE Security Message

Over the past few days you may have received a "Checking if the site connection is secure" message when accessing the site. This is perfectly normal and not cause for alarm.

This message indicates that the server is confirming that the SSL (the "s" that you see in the https before web addresses) security is, in fact, secure. This is not some sort of advertisement and it is not some sort of nefarious hacking.

Cloudfare, which is a provide of web hosting and security, has recently added this layer of security on the Soap Central message boards platform as an added layer of security.

The message may occur any time that your browser makes a new connection to the boards. The message may also stop appearing at any time as the process is further integrated into the boards.
See more
See less

Abby firing Arturo

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jupiter Jane
    Soap Addict
    • Mar 2004

Abby firing Arturo

I don't see this addressed anywhere, but apologies if it has been. We won't even get into the reasons someone can be fired because it IS a soap LOL - BUT does Abby even have the authority to fire Arturo? Nick hired him as his Construction Manager - or whatever title he used - so he reports to Nick, and his job doesn't necessarily cross with Abby's. She really can't arbitrarily fire him just because she's p...d at him.
  • PaintedPony
    Board Regular
    • Feb 2018

She told Arturo that she had talked to Nick and "You're fired!" Not sure if that was true.

Comment

• Jupiter Jane
      Jupiter Jane commented
      Editing a comment
      Missed her saying this .. in fact I feel sure she just said "you're fired".

• PaintedPony
      PaintedPony commented
      Editing a comment
      Jupiter Jane She definitely said, "I've spoken to Nick and you're fired." The problem is I think she hadn't spoken to Nick before she fired Arturo. But good on her...she knew Nick would get rid of him. Who wants a sleazy ex begging like a sick puppy, following you around at work, thinking roses will fix it? A room full of roses is for forgetting a birthday or anniversary, not filthy sex. Pftttttt
      Last edited by PaintedPony; March 30, 2019, 08:21 PM.
  • KendallSam
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Jun 2007

Nick asked Abby if she wanted him to fire Arturo and she told him she already made the call.

Then Abby told Nick she was leaving Dark Horse so he could now rehire Arturo if he wants... because Arturo is good at what he does.

Makes Abby look childish IMO!

Comment

• Melryan00
      Day Player
      • Mar 2019

If that's the case then Nick is well within his legal rights to just fire him but from a moral standpoint its wrong.

Comment

• not so young
        Recurring Poster
        • Jul 2018

Nick firing Arturo for what reason? Arturo cheating on his significant other? If that is the reason, that would be 2 pots/cheaters(Nick & Abby) calling the kettle black.

There are plenty of hypocrites in GC but Nick is at the top of the list.IMO

Comment

• Melryan00
          Melryan00 commented
          Editing a comment
          Right? Nick is the worst serial cheater on the show. And no one ever talks about it because they are too busy arguing the same old Sharon VS Phyllis debate.

• CloverLeaf
          CloverLeaf commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah but Abby is his sister, and Nick owns the company. For once Nick is supporting Abby. Let him have this mini gold star.
      • Shoelover
        Contract Poster
        • Dec 2017

Agree that people who work at an “at will” job can usually quit w/o notice and/or be fired w/o notice. But for Abby to fire him b/c he cheated on her??
        Last edited by Shoelover; March 31, 2019, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• DallasGal
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jun 2008

Arturo should have expected that his job would be in danger. If you cheat on the boss’ sister then you are on a fast track out the door.

Plus, it makes sense (firing) given the actor is leaving.

Comment

• Shoelover
            Shoelover commented
            Editing a comment
            Guess maybe the firing could be based on Arturo’s character. Now THAT would be funny considering the questionable character of both Abby and Nick. They truly can’t say they have such pristine backgrounds.
        • PaintedPony
          Board Regular
          • Feb 2018

I picked Arturo for a sleaze from Day #1, so I'm pleased to see his fall. In the space of 2 days he lost his fiancee, brother, respect of his sister, his job, and most hurtful to him, the love of his life...his truck. Bwahahahaha.

Comment

• not so young
            not so young commented
            Editing a comment
            Poor Arturo losing the live of his life(aka his truck).

This is too funny!!

• Terileeh
            Terileeh commented
            Editing a comment
            But he's got Mia and a maybe baby! Lol. Take her and go back to Miami!

• bestcom
            bestcom commented
            Editing a comment
            Arturo and Mia are two of a kind - unfaithful losers. They deserve each other and hopefully they are OFF THE SHOW. .
        • Sara_in_BC
          Soap Addict
          • Dec 2009

If it was a woman bring fired in the same situation it's Screams ME TOO! I feel this is a HE TOO moment on Y and R

Comment

• PaintedPony
            Board Regular
            • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Sara_in_BC View Post
            If it was a woman bring fired in the same situation it's Screams ME TOO! I feel this is a HE TOO moment on Y and R
            He was a Contractor, not an employee. Contractors can have their employment ended at any time. Done it myself when I brought in a contractor to work on my home. They are there as long as you want them there. They don't require notice or reason.

Comment

• Forever Fan
              Forever Fan commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually, I believe that Nick promoted Arturo to manager or VP of construction a few months ago. Don't recall the exact title. I remember he was reluctant to accept the promotion but Abby convinced him. So he was no longer a contractor, he was part of the Dark House management team.
          • Sara_in_BC
            Soap Addict
            • Dec 2009

All this firing and rehiring and job switching on this show is ridiculous

Comment

• bluejazz
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Aug 2008

Two thumbs up to Ms Abby Newman. She showed a player she doesn't play around.

I have really enjoyed Abby this week, from her laughing at the cheater's attempts to placate her to whipping her purse bib for her assault on Arturo's beloved. And her dump the cheater party, yes. Abby has become likeable and rootable.

Comment

• DepecheMode_Fan
                Soap Addict
                • Aug 2007

Meh. Good riddance!!!

Comment

• Elisheba24
                  Executive Poster
                  • May 2014

He's fired for being a jerk, in soapland that's allowed! I am critical of Abby when I feel she acts stupid around men and prospective suitors, but I was so proud of her telling that latin lover jerk where he could go - out of her life. She reiterated many of the reasons I felt she never should have gotten involved w/him, primaliy his sexapades w/her stepmother. It's amazing when a woman opens her eyes wide open, she can now see that incident at the remarriage of Rey and Mia, that Arturo proposed because Mia was reciting her vows to Rey, it was a childish and a plain as the nose on your face kind of a move. But, Abby only saw and heard the ring and the I love you Abby's. Her laughing in his face was so funny, I couldn't stop laughing, he thinks all he need do is wet those eyes w/a few tears, apologize and all is forgiven, he looked really pathetic when she walked out of the room. I also loved that checked him on doing a married woman, she gets it, it doesn't matter that the marriage is having problems, it's that Mia is married and Arturo should have said no. I hope she continues this strong stance w/men, don't fall head over hills for a man that you barely know and one that has shown you who he is from the start, a opportunist whore. Now, if only some of that can rub off on Sharon, but, maybe she has to go through the process Abby did, of dating, getting the ring and one day she realizes he is another lying piece of crap, maybe.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡