X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrob61
    Board Regular
    • Jun 2005

I'm all for an inclusive, integrated cast, but the writers have shown NO ABILITY to write a decent storyline for any AA character since I started watching over 15 years ago. Don't know why that is, but I am all for an integrated cast with equal airtime and storyline ideas!!

Comment

• AMBBLP
      Recurring Poster
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by chrob61 View Post
      I'm all for an inclusive, integrated cast, but the writers have shown NO ABILITY to write a decent storyline for any AA character since I started watching over 15 years ago. Don't know why that is, but I am all for an integrated cast with equal airtime and storyline ideas!!
      This is very sad. It is hard to believe that in 2019 we cannot have a character of color (anything with AA) get fair treatment. I absolutely hate that immediately everyone's mind goes to she must be for Devon or Nate. Why? Because of their color of course. That is not inclusion. That is seclusion and segregation. That is putting her in such a tiny box. I guess if the show is not written by Shonda Rimes there is no fairness for characters of color. Just shove them all in one tiny storyline segregated from the rest in every way. It is really a shame.

Comment

• Oldschooly&r
        Newcomer
        • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Ineedsun View Post
        Personally, I’m disappointed that she’s joining the cast. Not only did I despise her character on General Hospital, I read an interview with her where in real life, she was blaming the character of Lulu for Brytni’s character sleeping with Lulu’s husband, Dante. I’ve never forgotten that.
        So is that reason to dislike her in real life? I'm confused.

Comment

• Ineedsun
          Board Regular
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Oldschooly&r View Post

So is that reason to dislike her in real life? I'm confused.
          Yes. When she tried to defend the character of Valerie by blaming Lulu I found that a real turn off. The appropriate thing to say (to me) would have been something like “it’s a soap“ or “I say the lines I’m given”, not blame the cousin of her character for having an affair with Dante.

Comment

• guichard
            Contract Poster
            • Oct 2015

Some info about Elena nurse or doctor. It is from A mcdaniel(head cbs daytime)

"She went to medical school & was a hospital resident when her mother died. She left to go “nurse” her uncle to health. Technically she’s a doctor, but didn’t finish training to practice."

Comment

• AMBBLP
              AMBBLP commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok, so she needs to complete her residency. That is helpful info. Thanks for posting it.
          • Awesome2019
            Recurring Poster
            • Feb 2019

I liked her on GH and also she is very pretty.

Comment

• SheilaFan32
              SheilaFan32 commented
              Editing a comment
              I saw Brytni on GH too. I wish her character Valerie was paired with Kristina corinthos on GH.
          • caitie
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by guichard View Post
            Some info about Elena nurse or doctor. It is from A mcdaniel(head cbs daytime)

"She went to medical school & was a hospital resident when her mother died. She left to go “nurse” her uncle to health. Technically she’s a doctor, but didn’t finish training to practice."
            https://twitter.com/AngelicaMcD/stat...55662206726145
            Thank you for this piece of helpful information. Hopefully we will see her continue her career as part of her story.

Comment

• guichard
              Contract Poster
              • Oct 2015

Originally posted by caitie View Post

Thank you for this piece of helpful information. Hopefully we will see her continue her career as part of her story.
              you welcome, it clears the confusion

Comment

• fuzzywhat
                Board Regular
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Ineedsun View Post

Yes. When she tried to defend the character of Valerie by blaming Lulu I found that a real turn off. The appropriate thing to say (to me) would have been something like “it’s a soap“ or “I say the lines I’m given”, not blame the cousin of her character for having an affair with Dante.
                I can't imagine getting so upset over a response/opinion of a fictional storyline.

I have to say I really enjoyed this first scene. I thought this story was going to be a silly music or ex boyfriend plot, but it's a deeper rooted family plot, and both new actors captured my attention with few words. I'm interested.

Comment

• Hilarylover2018
                  Recurring Poster
                  • Aug 2018

she boring already to me i'm confused were is the Ana father which came out of no were

Comment

• Shoelover
                    Contract Poster
                    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Holly99 View Post
                    Elena Dawson's (Brytni Sarpy) first episode is on March 19.
                    Elena is a doctor & her first scenes are with Devon & Ana.

Source: SOD
                    Didn’t see her on the March 19th episode on East Coast unless I closed my eyes for a few moments....OK...Recorded the episode, just went back & saw that she was the woman in the motel room....Didn’t remember her name.
                    Last edited by Shoelover; March 23, 2019, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• caitie
                      Aspiring soap scribe
                      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by fuzzywhat View Post

I can't imagine getting so upset over a response/opinion of a fictional storyline.

I have to say I really enjoyed this first scene. I thought this story was going to be a silly music or ex boyfriend plot, but it's a deeper rooted family plot, and both new actors captured my attention with few words. I'm interested.
                      I liked the first scene, too. And, like you, I'm happy this isn't another music-industry-related story and is more about family and relationships - elements I like to see on my soaps. I also liked that the writers appear to be easing her in and I hope that continues because I've seen how difficult it is for a new character to be forced to the front too quickly. So far ... very good ... and I want to see more.

As for an actor speaking about his or her character's story line, I've noticed that they sometimes speak from the character's POV rather than their own to give more background to the story. That's all.

Comment

• ajsp35801
                        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Hilarylover2018 View Post
                        she boring already to me i'm confused were is the Ana father which came out of no were
                        Boring? After 3 lines and 3 facial expressions? That's a quick assessment .

Comment

• WorldTurner
                          WorldTurner commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I agree that is fast. I know I need to see more to see what I think of the character. I also know though I want to see more.
                      • AMBBLP
                        Recurring Poster
                        • Feb 2014

Sigh, reading tomorrows show recap says it all. This is one of the reasons I did not want Elena paired with Devon. Talk about isolation. Now they all will live with Devon. Elena, Jett and Anna will probably never leave the apartment. It is bad enough that Anna never gets to do anything but prop Devon, now Elena and Jett will also be on propping duty. What a waste. There was potential here but clearly JG is typical. Naturally Elena's only purpose will be falling for and eventually dying for boring Devon. I literally have no interest in this. The bad writing is infuriating.

Is there any other character that has literally 3 whole people who do nothing but prop them?

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X