Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lily's Letter to Cane...what exactly was she saying?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lily's Letter to Cane...what exactly was she saying?

The jist of it that I got was that she is not the same person that she used to be? Your thoughts?

To me, it sounded like a breakup letter. She's changed, yadayadayada

Prison girlfriend?

Comment

• Borrie
      Borrie commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha that springs to mind...maybe Lily has a new girlfriend in prison.

I kept waiting for her to sum up what she meant but they never went there.

Comment

I think that they are obviously trying to set it up so that Cane and Victoria can be explored without it looking like Cane is off cheating while his wife sits in jail.
      Last edited by lawyer&mobster; January 11th, 2019, 02:19 PM.

Comment

I thought it was an explanation of why she seems so distant.

Comment

The writers are simply tripping! They are going to write Lily breaking up with Cane so they can write a Cane and Victoria story. It’s crazy because no one ends their marriage because they will be gone for a few months, the writers are writing Lily like she got a 20 years to life sentence. Lily should be in a county jail serving her few months sentence not a prison out of town. This writing is so wrong. Victor got a 10 year sentence and was out in a few months.

Comment

I'm sure Lily is feeling a growing distance between Cane and her. I think, because he hardly sees her any more, she has begun to realize that Cane does not fit into her life any more, she doesnt have much to relate to him about and he doesnt understand what she's going through. She also recognized that she herself has changed and had to in order to survive.

Just wondering if this is the beginning of the end of Cane and Lily. Hopefully, since being in jail, Lily wont take any b.s. from people any more. That would be interesting. Look out, Devon, you asked for it (since you insisted she go to jail) and you're going to get it! I'd pay to see her put him in his place and then some!

Comment

• ncposton
              ncposton commented
              Editing a comment
              I want to slap Devon every time he offers advice to Cane. Devon's blind need for justice is why Lily is in prison. He insisted she be separated from her family so that she and they know the sense of separation he felt from Hilary and his child. His last minute change of heart can't overcome what he set in motion. Congratulations, Devon. You succeeded in tearing apart your sister's family.

I hope this is the beginning of the end of Lily and Cane. They have been stale for such along time prior to her jail sentence.

CK wanted off contract to pursue other things . I think now would be a great time to end them and have Cane free for other romances. It brings drama especially in regards to how the kids would react.
            Last edited by lawyer&mobster; January 13th, 2019, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• YRRanger
              YRRanger commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep... with CK wanting to pursue other things... ITA.

This is so stupid, she changed, what, is she going to join a gang when she gets out. Why are the writers making her weak, she got a year, not 25 to life. Why would she change so much as to not want her husband and break her kids heart by breaking up w/him.

Comment

• YRRanger
              YRRanger commented
              Editing a comment
              Perhaps - with a lot of time on her hands - she thought about Cane and Juliet - more - and realized that reconciling with Cane wasn’t in her best interests after all. Just a thought. I always thought their reconciliation happened too fast.

• Elisheba24
              Elisheba24 commented
              Editing a comment
              Your mind is your worst enemy, idle time is your minds companion, she very well could have thought about the past. What Billy is about to do is diabolical. I guess you can't expect much from a man that used his girlfriends daughter like he did, I don't care how much she wanted it, he should have not acted like a fiend and did her. Makes me wonder what the guy is capable of, he told Victoria he would kill JT if he were not already dead, I believe every word out of his mouth on that subject.

• JTDMom
              JTDMom commented
              Editing a comment
              A year... meaning 6 months tops with good behavior. They are really milking this.

At first I thought it might be her "letting him go" so he would be free to move on but she is only in jail for a year and several months have already passed so it wouldn't make sense. Perhaps if something happened to extend her sentence that would make sense but until something happens poor Cane is just stuck in limbo. Pairing him with Victoria does not seem like a good idea.

Comment

It sounded like venting, almost like a diary entry, to me. I don't really get all of this either. It doesn't seem like it should be such a character changing ordeal since she's only in there for a few months, year at the most, but I've never been in jail so what do I know.

I don't think it's Devon's fault at all. Yes, he wanted Lily to pay but Lily herself wanted to accept responsibility anyways. And considering what Devon lost, his baby and wife, I think he had every right to be seriously angry and want her to pay for it. It's not like he seeked vengeance, chasing her down with his own car. He let the legal system take care of it, and even ended up asking for leniency for her.

It's funny how Nikki gets flak for letting Reed and Charlie off the hook without going through the legal channels, and Devon gets flak because he he let the legal system do its job. There really is no winning with everyone. lol

Comment

• enjoythesilence
                enjoythesilence commented
                Editing a comment
                Lets not forget Adam who was crucified for hitting Delia and he didn't even know what he had done.

• TunerEyes
                TunerEyes commented
                Editing a comment
                She definitely sounded depressed to me and like she was trying to make sense of where her life was right now. Separated from her family and especially her kids has to be hard for her. Thankfully Neil is there to visit her because it sounds like Cane doesn't see her that much. And being a "debbie downer" kind of guy he doesn't do much to help her spirits. Cane is always thinking of himself just like when the kids wanted to go to the memorial service and he refused their request.

I'm sure she's also thought about Hilary and the baby and knowing two lives were lost during the accident. Plus probably compares her life there now to the one she had before. Pretty sobering and a tough life. Wonder what she will want to do with her life after she's released. Maybe work at a woman's shelter or something like that?

• Tiffany37
                Tiffany37 commented
                Editing a comment
                enjoy, in the case of Adam, once he did find out he kept it secret. So in essence, he was at fault for that.

It was the weirdest letter saying she isn't the same person that she was. Both seem so distant and at the end of letter she just signed it Lily not love Lily or I love you.
              You mean a 6 month detour can make you just forget about the love you have for each other?

Comment

Originally posted by Elisheba24 View Post
                This is so stupid, she changed, what, is she going to join a gang when she gets out. Why are the writers making her weak, she got a year, not 25 to life. Why would she change so much as to not want her husband and break her kids heart by breaking up w/him.
                It is not that Lily is going to join a gang. She has had to become tougher in order to survive so as not to get her azz kicked while in jail. She has been exposed to people who have had difficult lives, far different than her own. Her eyes are being opened as to how the other half lives. She isnt living in a vacuum. She has to interact with the other inmates and she'is being exposed to how rough their lives were. That is new for her. She is not weak. She is being made stronger. I dont think she will change so much that she'll be on GC's most wanted list, but it has to affect her internally.

It's not that Lily doesnt want her husband. She's realizing that he doesnt understand what she's going through, and their idealistic life together probably wont work any more because she is not the same person she was. She didnt change on purpose. She simply did, and had to, because of her situation.

Comment

• Elisheba24
                  Elisheba24 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The gang reference was sarcasm. I think it's ridiculous that she spent that much time in prison, should have been out on probation. I think Lily's problems is guilt, she hasn't been in prison long enough IMO to become so cynical. Her dad has moved close by to visit regularly to keep her grounded, Lily has always been a drama queen, sometimes she would over dramatize things, it's how she got into this situation. I have always felt she should have kept her distance if she dislike Hillary so much. But she would inject herself in Devon and Hilary business, doing asured things like cancelling that doctor's appointment. She can't continue to live the prison life after she leaves, she still has kids.
                  Last edited by Elisheba24; January 12th, 2019, 06:52 AM.

• MsMalin
                  MsMalin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree with you totally Cloverleaf

• CloverLeaf
                  CloverLeaf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, Elisheba, I know your gang reference was sarcasm. So was mine about GC's most wanted list.
                  I do agree with your comment that Lily should have kept her distance from Hilary instead of fanning the fire. I also agree she should have been put on probation in the first place.

I think a stint in prison would change anyone. Not make them a worse person but change how they live day to day. Make them more cautious for one thing and a lot less trusting. Right not Lily cant spend the day mothering her kids, she has to worry about how she is going to get through the day safely and without cracking up, even if she in only there for a year. That's 365 days of terror. I think it would change anyone.

Maybe the writers watched Orange Is The New Black.

Comment

Originally posted by CloverLeaf View Post

It is not that Lily is going to join a gang. She has had to become tougher in order to survive so as not to get her azz kicked while in jail. She has been exposed to people who have had difficult lives, far different than her own. Her eyes are being opened as to how the other half lives. She isnt living in a vacuum. She has to interact with the other inmates and she'is being exposed to how rough their lives were. That is new for her. She is not weak. She is being made stronger. I dont think she will change so much that she'll be on GC's most wanted list, but it has to affect her internally.

It's not that Lily doesnt want her husband. She's realizing that he doesnt understand what she's going through, and their idealistic life together probably wont work any more because she is not the same person she was. She didnt change on purpose. She simply did, and had to, because of her situation.
                  Thank you, really good and sensitive explanations.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X