Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the bus warming up for the Sharon character again?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the bus warming up for the Sharon character again?

I truly hope not. Mal Young turned the ignition off for a bit but with JG at the wheel, I’m sad but almost sure he’s about to crank the bus up again. Does anyone agree?

Yup. Both times Josh Griffith called up the men in white coats for her. Not looking forward to this again.

Comment

That's what I'm most afraid of! Why can't he just leave Sharon alone (insert that Britney Spears clip)? Maybe Josh can make Mia the crazy one this time since it's already been hinted at!

Comment

One would think that "strong, intelligent" women would attract more of their desired demos than the usual soap trope of mentally unstable.

Comment

No. Sharon is a leading actress who gets story. All
          her stories can’t be flattering while everyone else takes their turns getting dumped on.

SC said she loved playing Sharon when she was acting out.

Sharon is on a soap which means Triangles, couples, rivalries etc...

Comment

• Smithey
            Smithey commented
            Editing a comment
            Great story doesn’t mean straightjackets every other year.

As long as they don’t go back and try and relive the bipolar thing and her off her meds and doing crazy things because of it.

I’m good with whatever comes for Sharon, i’m a fan and just like to see her as much as I can. Soaps are built on very flawed characters, Sharon is no exception. Having her in this weird love pentagon with Rey, Mia, Arturo and Abby( and quite frankly, that’s far more refreshing then rehashing shick for. The 100th time) and involved in the JT mess...is not th worse things Sharon has been involved in
          Last edited by lawyer&mobster; January 11th, 2019, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
            Emerald Greens commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree as long as she’s not with Nick I am mostly good with her sl’s .

• lawyer&mobster
            lawyer&mobster commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree Emerald Greens, Sharon and Nick do not need to be redone for the 100th time. It’s over, they don’t work anymore

Even if Sharon sleeps with Rey, the Only person who will hate her is Mia who already hates her. And Mia will probally sleep with Arturo which will give her no room to judge anyways. Abby who will be furious with Mia for sleeping with her boyfriend will probally call it Karmic justice for Rey cheating on her with Sharon.

It's not like they are going to make her the town pariah again.

Comment

I hope Josh continues to write Sharon like SSM & Mal.

Comment

The bus has been stationed on Phyllis for quite some time, so I hope someone else gets that same energy. I don't care who if it's Sharon, Victor, Nick, doesn't matter. Just let someone else be wrong for once, besides Phyllis.

JG didn't have the romanticized, sainthood, angelic perfection image of Sharon that Mal Young clearly had, however. Maybe he'll continue on with the sainthood writing, maybe he'll make her grey again. Who knows.

Comment

I sure hope not but with the way things are heading I fear it may. I hope I am wrong because the writing for Sharon has been great!

Comment

Originally posted by janesBydiction View Post
                  The bus has been stationed on Phyllis for quite some time, so I hope someone else gets that same energy. I don't care who if it's Sharon, Victor, Nick, doesn't matter. Just let someone else be wrong for once, besides Phyllis.

JG didn't have the romanticized, sainthood, angelic perfection image of Sharon that Mal Young clearly had, however. Maybe he'll continue on with the sainthood writing, maybe he'll make her grey again. Who knows.

Sharon is flawed. She is not a saint. I don't think anyone is a saint, other than the babies or maybe Tracy. Sharon got the brunt of negative character destruction writing by so many regimes for so long. Too long, 8 long years as a matter of fact. If anything, the others need to catch up by being written negative also. For 8 looonnngg yeeeaarrrrs, Y&R was lopsided, by different regimes writing Sharon very negatively for 8 looonngg yeeeaaarrrs. She was thrown under the bus just to make others look good (NIck's new women). It is only fair to her fans and viewers that Sharon is finally back to her real Bill Bell self. She is still flaw, too. She should not be eyeing a married detective. She is part of a group of women who buried a body, too. That is enough negativity. She needs to stay healthy for her children. She has progressed by getting her college degree and running her own business. She is due some happiness by finding a man who will be in her corner always or faithful to her. For so long, this character was not the same (Bill Bell's Sharon) after losing her daughter, Cassie. All she wanted was her own family, so she couldn't tell Dylan the truth about baby Sully. She is finally stable, healthy. Faith, her child needs her mother to stay happy and healthy, too. She is working, running a business or Crimson Lights, and also is a laison at the police station helping families. She has made so much progress. It took Sally Sussman/Kaye Alden to change the writing for Sharon. Mal Young continued it. If anything, Sharon finally needs to find a significant other who will make a life with her and to be faithful to her. Phyllis and Sharon are two very different personalities. Why do some viewers have to always compare these two? They are just so unlike each others. Sharon is leading her own life now. I hope the writers keep her strong, healthy, happy with herself. She finally dug her way out of the darkness of grieving her child, Cassie, has moved forward.
                  Last edited by RestlessFan; January 12th, 2019, 04:27 AM.

Comment

If the bus is rolling, it is aimed straight for revenge sex man child Billy Abbott.

Comment

IMO the only reason jg wrote that sharon was bipolar was to try and explain why she had done so many things i.e.: burning down the ranch, losing time and being a kleptomaniac and being trashed by mab.

i think he was trying to save her character not destroy it.

Comment

• WorldTurner
                        WorldTurner commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, I believe even he and SC said that. After all the awful things MAB had done to her character, he was trying to give an excuse. I don't see him doing that again.

• Mr.Sami_Brady
                        Mr.Sami_Brady commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Exactly! I don't fault JG trying to redeem Sharon; as he stated right off the bat that he needed to breakdown the character to build her up again. It all went south when they made Sharon tamper with Summer's paternity results.

• Soapfan54
                        Soapfan54 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Attempting to restore her character is what I remember about JG writing Sharon w/undiagnosed bi-polar disorder. I didn't like it and it took a loooooong time, but it was finally successful. Now please keep it that way! Thank yew! :-))

Sharon has matured greatly, has worked hard to educate herself, and was strong and wise enough to finally dump Nick after his latest bout of male weakness.
                      I think we are seeing a stronger, more level headed lady who tries to make the right choices. If the bus is coming, it might miss her this time.

Comment

• Day 1
                        Day 1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Couldn't disagree more,other than educating herself in "school"

Originally posted by janesBydiction View Post

But the difference is when Sharon is acting out or having a bi polar episode, she is kicked and kicked and kicked with all of GC nipping at her heels. I mean it be one thing after another and in the same episode no less. Phyllis don’t get half of the punishment. Clearly Phyllis have issues but everyone just treat her like the Queen of petty and immaturity and leave it at that. Sharon is treated like a devil in a button down shirt and skirt

Comment

• ev7
                        ev7 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you, Sharon is constantly reminded of all the bad things she has done more than any other character on the show. I hope the bus aims at someone else for a change

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X