Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Emmy Predictions:

Although the Daytime EMMY's aren't for months, the pre-EMMY are currently being voted on and last year were announced near the end of January. Who are your Y & R pics for pre-EMMY noms this year:

For moi:

Lead Actor:

Bryton James
    Peter Bergman

Lead Actress:
    Eileen Davidson
    Amelia Heinle
    Mishael Morgan
    Gina Tognoni
    Sharon Case

Supporting Actor:
    Jason Thompson

Supporting Actress:
    Camryn Grimes
    Beth Maitland

Younger Actor
    None

Younger Actress
    Sasha Calle

-I wanted to put Michael Mealor in the younger actor category but he is out of the running by one year (he's 26) not sure he did enough for supporting actor.
    -I also wanted to add Marla Adams to supporting actress, but she had so little air time this year.
    -Melody Thomas Scott could be the running for lead actress, but might stand a better shot as supporting as lead for Y & R seems the toughest category.
    -The actors playing Mattie, Charlie and Reed may get noms in younger, but again, none had any lead stories last year nor any real meaty material.
    -I went back and forth with Peter Bergman, he was great of course, but except for a week or two around Ashley's departure, he too didn't have much story of his own.

The last year was really dominated by the JT story and the introduction of the Rosales family.

All good nominations.

I'd vote AH or ED for lead actress. GT was over-exposed so she didn't get a chance to shine.

No-one for lead actor.

Michael Mealor for supporting actor - he's just so good he deserves whatever award he qualifies for.
    Not sure if Thad Luckinbill qualifies for supporting actor time-wise but he was brilliant when he was last on.

Camryn Grimes for supporting actress - although has become a bit too 'nice' recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonymoby View Post
      Not sure if Thad Luckinbill qualifies for supporting actor time-wise but he was brilliant when he was last on.
      I thought about Thad but it felt like was only on for the first part of the year, but I think he actually was around and alive until April so he would qualify, either that or guest actor as I think they have that category.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoie1 View Post

I thought about Thad but it felt like was only on for the first part of the year, but I think he actually was around and alive until April so he would qualify, either that or guest actor as I think they have that category.
        Thanks for clarifying. Whatever people think of JT's personality switch, he played it brilliantly. And the natural chemistry between him and AH was amazing.

Comment

Im fine with all ur picks OP but why u choose Sashe Calle for younger actress. I mean what did she do so amazing last year for that award?

Comment

• krh5038
            krh5038 commented
            Editing a comment
            who the heck is she? lol (I'm serious I don't know)

• Zoie1
            Zoie1 commented
            Editing a comment
            she's Lola lol
            I tend to agree with you vdw832003 but often because there are so few actors in the age bracket, many get nominated as there is no other competition on the show. On Y & R, Lola and Mattie are really the only characters in the age bracket (Faith as well, but her appearances were few and far between in 2018) so it;s likely one will get nominated.

I don't get saying PB didn't have story of his own. It was the year of Jack is not John's son and it was tons of story for PB! Doubt it will get him an Emmy though.

As far as Thad I don't think there is any minimum amount of episodes you have to appear in and certainly others have been on limited amounts and still got nominated. Thad did some excellent work and I hope he submits and I think deserves a nomination.

Comment

Originally posted by WorldTurner View Post
            I don't get saying PB didn't have story of his own. It was the year of Jack is not John's son and it was tons of story for PB! Doubt it will get him an Emmy though.
            Peter was great in that story, but for me the writing was so bad and it was never really given the attention by the writers. It was revealed in the late spring, Jack had a few scenes with Traci and Ashley about moving out, then once he moved into the Club, the story was sort of dropped for three or four months during the summer. It was brought up again as I stated in the weeks surrounding Ashley's departure, but was always an odd 'afterthought; story that most hated and didn't seem to resonate with many. Peter was phenomenal in the few big dramatic scenes, it just wasn't a clean story with a focus or direction for me.

Comment

• WorldTurner
              WorldTurner commented
              Editing a comment
              For me, that story dominated much of the year and quite honestly made me sick of the Abbotts. I don't think there were any clean stories this year.

Lead Actor: Jordi Vilaususo (Rey)
            Lead Actress: Noemi Gonzalez (Mia)
            Supporting Actor: Jason Canela (Arturo)
            Supporting Actress: Loren Lott (Ana)
            Younger Actor: Zach Tinker (Fen)
            Younger Actress: Camryn Hamm (Shauna)

Comment

• mizliz59
              mizliz59 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks. This is the first time I've learned the names of the actors who play these roles. Why can't the program once in a while go back to the old format which rolled out the actors' names once or twice per week, while playing the beloved theme song? So difficult?

• WorldTurner
              WorldTurner commented
              Editing a comment
              The credits with the actor/character names airs once per week at the end of the show.

I thought Eric Braeden was amazing in the shows after he was attacked by JT ... while he was in the hospital and couldn't communicate. I don't know if there were enough shows to qualify for a nomination, but his acting was outstanding.

Comment

• CashierJudy
              CashierJudy commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree. He really played that so well. I hope he gets a nomination for those scenes.

• WorldTurner
              WorldTurner commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't know about the rules this year, but it only takes one or two episodes for a submission reel.

Gina Tognoni is always at the top of the list!

Comment

• Penelope P
              Penelope P commented
              Editing a comment
              I second that vote Genoa City Guy......she shines every time she's on IMO.

Lead Actor:
            Peter Bergman
            Eric Braeden

Lead Actress:
            Eileen Davidson
            Amelia Heinle
            Gina Tognoni
            Sharon Case

Supporting Actor:
            Jason Thompson
            Byron Young

Supporting Actress:
            Beth Maitland
            Marla Adams

Comment

Easy list: Peter Bergman, Eileen Davidson, Camryn Grimes, Marla Adams, and very begrudgingly, Mishael Morgan.

I do not think the entire Rosales family has had time to get any powerful scenes. Sharon Case did not get enough of the
              good stuff this year.

Comment

• prissaO
                prissaO commented
                Editing a comment
                I totally agree with this list!

come on fans Mishael Morgan lead Actress
              Bryton James lead actor

Comment

• Smithey
                Smithey commented
                Editing a comment
                I loved loved loved Mishael Morgan as Hillary, but I just don't see her as getting the lead actress nomination. As good as she did, I just don't see it.

And, like it or not, Bryton's Devon didn't contribute to lead actor status, in my opinion. He's still very much a supporting actor. THAT category I think he would be a winner!

I don’t have any horse in this race this year. Last year I thought Peter Bergman was phenomenal and he should have won... this year nothing catches my attention. Becauste mostly poor writing ... but I am sure it would be the usual ones,...between Gina, Eileen and Amelia for lead actress,..perhaps a win for Amelia because of the social topic,... or Gina because people think the fact she’s breathing it’s great ....

Male lead,... Bryton James for Hilary ‘s death, I dislike all the scenes and wasn’t moved one but, so it would never be my choice,...

Supporting actress.. MM for Hilary ‘s death ... not my choice either, or,..,..
              Camryn Grinnes because she was nominated and won last year and they always go for a second run the year after,..., but cannot remember something great this year, Tessa dragged her down all year,...

young actor ,...the one playing Reed,.., not bad choice but not my like either,

young actress .. of course the one playing Summer,.... , no comment but it would be her ... ...

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X