Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bryton James is one hell of underrated actor and character.

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryton James is one hell of underrated actor and character.

This dude is talented. I knew when he was first introduced as a young kid on the show, that he was going to be a force. His acting raw, and real and I do think he is underappreciated as an actor and character on the show. I hope he will get more front and centered scenes and stories, he deserves. Between his acting during Hilary's death and his apology to Ana yesterday, this dude needs more airtime and a meaty story to continue to pullout his chops.

I've never been a big fan of the Devon character. However, I agree that Bryton James' acting since Hilary's death has been superb. I'll be surprised if he's not nominated for an Emmy.

Comment

• vdw842003
      vdw842003 commented
      Editing a comment
      He is def. going to be nominated and I can see him winning his second emmy with that performance. He better anyway.

I agree wholeheartedly. I love Devon, and I think BJ is a great actor! Devon is a genuinely good guy with a big heart who loves his family. He's right up there with Nick in my book. Considering how much I love Nick, and have pretty much my whole life, that's saying a lot. lol

Comment

I can't stand his character sometimes, but have to admit in the last couple of years, he's impressed me as an actor. I'd been indifferent to his performances previously, but he's been really great playing the various beats of this character these days.

Comment

I love Bryton & his portrayal of Devon. Even at his worst, Devon is a difficult character to hate.

Comment

I love Bryton and I love his character, Devon, but what they are doing to his character now, after making him so multi-layered over the past couple of years, is sad. The character of Devon is all over the place and doesn't seem like any one knows what to do with him. They are turning him into the one-note wonder Devon was years ago.

Comment

I agree Bryton is vastly underrated. He makes it look effortless. He's given Devon layers and depth and he connects with all his scene partners.

That apology yesterday, wow. He's well worthy of an Emmy, he's done some great work this year.

Comment

Originally posted by vdw842003 View Post
              This dude is talented. I knew when he was first introduced as a young kid on the show, that he was going to be a force. His acting raw, and real and I do think he is underappreciated as an actor and character on the show. I hope he will get more front and centered scenes and stories, he deserves. Between his acting during Hilary's death and his apology to Ana yesterday, this dude needs more airtime and a meaty story to continue to pullout his chops.
              you never see a meaty storyline for him

Comment

• vdw842003
                vdw842003 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, he has had meaty storylines but I want him to have more, he needs to front and centered not the damn rosales family.

Thank you for starting this thread. The character doesn't get a lot of love on this board but I agree that Bryton is underrated as an actor as is Devon, who I think is a great character.

He doesn't give an over the top performance, which I guess some find boring, but when you really pay attention to his delivery, he's quite good.

I loved the scenes with Ana when he lit into her about reproducing Fen's song behind his back. Not over-the-top with screaming or in-your-face threats but a really good "I am not playing these games with you" performance.

Comment

Up until Hilary died, he had lots of great scenes and has been superb in all of them. Right now he needs time to grieve, get over his loss and move on. Clearly we're in a transitional phase as we move to music/restaurant storylines and some new love interest. If he had some meaty storyline right now, many would say he's moved on too quickly like Nick and Billy. I love the rawness of his emotions and the way he goes from frustration/anger in one scene to contrition in another. Well done BJ.

Comment

I agree he is really a strong actor and when given the material, really delivers. Sadly he isn't given the material that often. I would love for him to get some stronger stories where he can really soar!

Comment

• megmigraine
                    megmigraine commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Agree with this. He has had some very poor writing over the years.

I think he has been more than exposed and lucky in storyline those past years, I won’t say he has been under used,.. compared to some that didn’t have the same luck ,and right now it’s really missing from our screen from a long time ... Bryton has been nominated already 5 times for Emmy, and I am sure he won as a young cast,... so I would certainly don’t put him as underrated actor and character...

Comment

Devon needs a strong wife who can bring him out and also be a business partner. With all his money he should definitely be a major player and have a bigger role in the goings-on in GC. I particularly like the way Devon quietly but firmly puts people in their place when they try to get in his business.

Comment

ITA-Although I do like Devon right now, I love the artistry of Bryton.

Comment

Originally posted by WorldTurner View Post
                        I agree he is really a strong actor and when given the material, really delivers. Sadly he isn't given the material that often. I would love for him to get some stronger stories where he can really soar!
                        Agree and he is so handsome. Give him a love interest!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X