Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer and Abby Cancel each other out.

What the point in both of those characters on YR. YR writs them basically the same, except that Summer falls more driven to be more self-destructive. Why not have her off the canvas. Nobody misses Summer.

Uh, maybe YOU don't miss Summer, but some people do. I missed Summer. Sure, they have some traits in common. They're Newman women, so they're pretty, rich and spoiled. That doesn't make them identical. Abby is torn between the Newmans and the Abbotts. Summer has no qualms about being 100% Newman. Summer (before this latest rendition of her character) was always written to be more sweet and naive. Abby was always more ambitious and worldly (Naked Heiress, etc.). Abby is older than Summer so she has more life experience (she's been married, had a miscarriage, etc.) and is in a different place than Summer. Personally, I think we need both characters - they are both from very important families and are legacy characters.

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
      CouchCruisin' commented
      Editing a comment
      Like! I absolutely agree with your post.

How has Summer bn gon impacted anything on YR. No one is really talking about her. She is not on good terms with anyone of her peer group.

Comment

She and Kyle are very close and he even went to find her to tell her bye before she left. They have a long and complicated history including lots of romance. She and Fen basically grew up together. They were always together when they were little because their parents were best friends - it was always Nick/Phyllis/Summer and Michael/Lauren/Fen hanging out, going to the Fall Festival, etc. And they also have a somewhat complicated past because he wanted more from their friendship than she did. She and Mariah have an antagonistic relationship, which makes total sense considering who their mothers are.

I'd say she fits in pretty well and has an important place among her peer group.

She has actually been mentioned several times since she's been gone by several people.

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
        CouchCruisin' commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree with this too. Nice points and speaking of the antagonistic relationship she and Mariah share, it likely wouldn't be so bad if Mariah wouldn't take it to another level. Most of the time, Summer hasn't said a word when Mariah starts in on her. That is getting old to me.
        I was starting to wonder if Mariah is harboring secret feelings for Summer, especially since Summer sort of propositioned her LOL
        As much as I hate Mariah's snipes, I think I'd still rather see her with Summer than the insipid Tessa.
        They would be the back-up, only if Kyle and Summer don't reunite. I really want to see that happen! SOON

I miss Summer, but I just don't see any where on the canvas for her right now. I like Kyle and Lola (wish Lola would drop her sanctimonious act already) and if there weren't a couple I would like Kyle and Mariah. Arturo is playing house with Abby and Mia. Its apparent that they changed the story with Billy and Summer, so that's out. Fen is attached to Ana or Lola or whatever.

I love Hunter King and she makes a great Summer, but I just don't see any room for her.

As for Abby, they don't act like they know what to do with her again. For a while she was written with determination. Now it seems that she is just floating from Dark Horse to restaurant. I don't enjoy the character now at all.

Comment

As Phyllis's daughter, Summer is a very important character. Perhaps not now but in the future this character will pick up where her mother leaves off. In the same vein, Lucy Romalotti will also have a great role one day given her grandmothers are Phyllis and Sheila!

Comment

I think the main issue is they are both female legacy Newmans, and the Newmans have WAY too many legacy characters. Whereas, The Abbotts hardly have any. There is only Kyle and Abby, and Abby falls into the Newman camp.

If they would just write Summer with some depth and a shred of common sense, MAYBE she'd be rootable.

Comment

The actress playing Abby now has grown on me so I like her. I have never cared for Summer. The only time I remotely liked her is when she was sticking it to her mother who I really cannot stand. lol

Comment

I agree, however, Abby is likable and I love Melissa. Summer can be killed off for all I care.

Comment

I don't miss Summer at all. But Abby has improved a lot in the last year. I actually like her now. Within reason. She'll never be my favourite, but I'll take her over Summer any day of the week.

Comment

It is really hard for me to get "into" a character when they are part timers...hopping in and out whenever they are available. Summer and Lily are perfect examples. So I don't care a lot if she appears back in GC because when the next big gig comes along, she will be gone again. If Summer is going to be in stories, I'd prefer a recast of someone who wants the job full time. I think the character, with her relationship to Phyllis and Nick, requires full time status.

Comment

I have to respectfully disagree. They both deserve and should be on canvas. Y&R needs some spice in the younger category which is seriously lacking at the moment and that's something that imo Summer can bring unlike Abby.

Comment

Originally posted by Jj1701 View Post
                      I don't miss Summer at all. But Abby has improved a lot in the last year. I actually like her now. Within reason. She'll never be my favourite, but I'll take her over Summer any day of the week.
                      Same. Abby has improved but she still lacks chemistry with her male counterparts.

Summer imo is the worst character ever created on this show.

Comment

I would never assume to speak on behalf of an entire fan group...

Comment

That's how I feel about Victoria/Sharon as well. Minor variation to being the same damn character. They're pretty much interchangeable with one another, as they have very few differences. It never used to be that way, Victoria used to be ferocious, with a vulnerable side. But lately, under Mal, it has.

With Abby and Summer, there are differences. The main one being, Summer actually seems to conjure up strong feelings, though largely negative, out of the audience. That is actually a good thing. TPTB love when fans feel passion for a character. I rarely see Abby threads. I rarely see anyone talking about her or her pairing with Arturo, even though she gets a fair amount of airtime. Essentially, she's a potted plant, who seems to conjure up indifference.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X