Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a soap or a liquor ad?

LOTS of drinking on the show today, even Nick in the middle of the day.

Its a soap. Plenty of drama.

Comment

I remember Adam having that booze on a low credenza with Connor wandering around. I don’t really know any real people who live like that.

Comment

Yeah they always drink whisky in the office at work at home in the restaurant at the bar even befopre to go boink...weird

Comment

No wonder Sharon didn't want to live in that bar/house. Really Nick the Underground sign and full bar in the living room with 2 small children there? Easy access for a troubled pre-teen like Faith? When I was a teen the alcohol was locked up in a liquor cabinet and that was 40 years ago. Nick is so clueless at times.

Comment

The liquor is always flowing in Genoa City...home and the office and everywhere in between. Alcoholics spending their time at the bar and being tempted by carts filled with booze at home is just not a smart or realistic scenario. Same though goes for coffee,hot chocolate an baked goods at CL. When the folks in Genoa City are not liquored up they are flying high on caffeine and sugar.

Comment

I love the loose drinking on this show. One of the main reasons I enjoy it so much. I'm not much of a drinker but I love the drama it adds when one of the characters is over the edge. Excess is so addictive!

Comment

They could cut the "I'm so hurt/disappointed/angry" drink pouring scenes by 1/2. Not needed.... and why the Pavlovian response to negative things in their lives? Sets a bad example for the not-yet-developed brains of the under 30 age group.

Comment

Cane has to drink in order to read Lily's letter, no wonder Charlie thought it was ok to knock back the booze after Shauna broke up with him.

Comment

I’d Day drink too if I lived in Genoa City.

Comment

• bone323
                      bone323 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you. Drink Wisconsinably, as we say here.

I live 10 miles from "Genoa City."

Originally posted by YRRanger View Post
                    I’d Day drink too if I lived in Genoa City.
                    mic drop!

I don't mind the drinking really, to me it sort is a staple of soaps. I remember when I was younger thinking it was so great all these soap characters had bars in their living rooms lol

The only drinking that bugs me sometimes is Jack's. Jack went through hell as an addict, but the writers decided to focus his addiction on pills and let him drink. But... given his past addiction, Jack's drinking (in every scene some days) seems excessive. Jack was all over Billy about his addictions, in many scenes, with a drink in his hands. Always seemed odd to me. I think it is often a mistake to make some characters addicts as 'drinking' is an important soap plot device, (ala Mariah the night JT was offed) and often, can be fun in a story. When a character goes through what Jack and Nikki went through, it's then taken off the table and not entertaining.

Comment

Almost all the characters drink or belong on AA. Jack does especially get on my nerves since he is a former addict. Nikki of course an alcoholic and now Nick is
                      drinking in almost every episode. Neil belongs to AA and even Billy drinks to some extent so they ought to tone it down a little. Oh and Charlie got drunk a teen.

Comment

It reminds me of Dallas a bit, J.R. was always asking everyone if they wanted a drink. The booze was always flowing at Southfork.

Comment

• YRRanger
                          YRRanger commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes, it was. Usually it was Bourbon

Originally posted by Zoie1 View Post

mic drop!

I don't mind the drinking really, to me it sort is a staple of soaps. I remember when I was younger thinking it was so great all these soap characters had bars in their living rooms lol

The only drinking that bugs me sometimes is Jack's. Jack went through hell as an addict, but the writers decided to focus his addiction on pills and let him drink. But... given his past addiction, Jack's drinking (in every scene some days) seems excessive. Jack was all over Billy about his addictions, in many scenes, with a drink in his hands. Always seemed odd to me. I think it is often a mistake to make some characters addicts as 'drinking' is an important soap plot device, (ala Mariah the night JT was offed) and often, can be fun in a story. When a character goes through what Jack and Nikki went through, it's then taken off the table and not entertaining.

very well stated. ITA with every word.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoie1 View Post

mic drop!

I don't mind it either, and it's realistic. Lots of judgement on this thread.

Comment

• creation
                            creation commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Just opinions, as allowed.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X