Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is what I dont get with the whole Lola thing.

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what I dont get with the whole Lola thing.

Isnt she primarily an Cuban cook. She is known for her cuban dishes. When was it ever indicated that she was this all around chef that can cook anything. That is why I never understood her getting top Chef position at Abby and Devon's club. If anything it could have been a platform for her to introduce her cuban dishes on couple of nights a week, like maybe cuban Tuesday and Cuban Thursday could be her nights to prepare her dishes but to give her the only and ultimate position of top chef is just weird to me and makes no sense. She isnt an allaround chef and she is going to be feeding people who like variety.

I'm surprised she isn't Iron Chef Rosales at this point.

Comment

She is so immature. She asks for opinions of her food and then has a tantrum when they do. If you can’t take the criticism, get out of the kitchen

Comment

• Mermaid777
        Mermaid777 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t really care for Lola since the purse incident but I think with this, she wasn’t really having a tantrum as much as having a moment of insecurity in her abilities. Then she was fine again with a little encouragement. It reminded me of years ago when I heard the story about how Stephen king through his manuscript of Carrie into the trashcan saying it wasn’t good enough, or something like that, but his wife dug the manuscript out of the trash and the rest is history. And with this storyline, I hope that it is not just all about Lola all of the time. I would like to see her talk to Kyle about his day and his life and his feelings occasionally!

I swear Lola and Devon need to be an item because if they dont have anyone agreeing with their choices, they throw a damn hissy fit.

Comment

Originally posted by vdw842003 View Post
        Isnt she primarily an Cuban cook. She is known for her cuban dishes. When was it ever indicated that she was this all around chef that can cook anything. That is why I never understood her getting top Chef position at Abby and Devon's club. If anything it could have been a platform for her to introduce her cuban dishes on couple of nights a week, like maybe cuban Tuesday and Cuban Thursday could be her nights to prepare her dishes but to give her the only and ultimate position of top chef is just weird to me and makes no sense. She isnt an allaround chef and she is going to be feeding people who like variety.
        ICAM OP - Abby made the offer based on very little; making food in a truck for the lunch crowd or at CL, and catering one party (and who knows who actually cooked that food) hardly qualifies for such a position. I think 2 nights/week tryout is a good idea. Personally, I am a picky eater - if a club I liked served a specific type of food that I didn't care for 7 nights/week, I just wouldn't go.

Comment

• montauk.way
          montauk.way commented
          Editing a comment
          It's going to be a wildly successful Cuban restaurant. (Presumably Lola has trademarked her amazing restaurant name and will charge a hefty licensing fee. I hope they get Ricky Martin to sing the song (with her name) at the opening.) The story isn't Devby and Lola starting a failing restaurant.

Having a food truck is totally different than running a restaurant. Will she cook the same thing for breakfast, lunch and supper? She should stick with her food truck. This whole storyline is so silly.

Comment

• gophereater
          gophereater commented
          Editing a comment
          So true....with a Food Truck--You are the boss with a staff of maybe 3 (you and 2 others).
          When you are running a restaurant kitchen--it is a whole different ballgame.

You have servers, dishwashers (not food truck paper plates), temperamental employees that argue, are lazy or don't show up for work
          Tons of paperwork to do, ordering and receiving and inventory

I know, I was in the business 20 years...it's no walk in the park, for sure

• Day 1
          Day 1 commented
          Editing a comment
          And cooking a la carte from fresh,which is time consuming.Who's she going to cook for,10 people?I forgot the 'magic" of tv will have her "cooking' different dishes for 100's of people every night.Totally ridiculous

Time to take some poetic license here. In the real world, this doesnt happen, but this is a soap. I find other things far more offensive and off the wall on this show than Lola being able to be a head chef at a new restaurant. It will work until it doesnt work any more and tptb come up with another s/l for her.

Comment

I'm assuming the restaurant will be offering a Cuban menu. Sounds legit to me. I'd go.
          Last edited by Tonymoby; January 8th, 2019, 06:12 PM.

Comment

This character is very useless and boring.

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
              CouchCruisin' commented
              Editing a comment
              Like, like, like! ... ... ...

• creation
              creation commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree. The character annoys me, especially the fish like opened mouth kissing she does. She gets on my nerve a lot!

Lola needs to go a round with Gordon Ramsey on "Hell's Kitchen". That would give her some idea of what the restaurant business is really like behind the scenes. It can be brutal. Not only will she have to come up with menus, ordering the food, cost analysis for pricing, she will also have a whole staff expecting her to lead the team. I don't care how brilliant a chef she thinks she is, Lola no way has the experience or the maturity to handle an exclusive restaurant and a brigade.

Comment

• gophereater
              gophereater commented
              Editing a comment
              Agree 200%--It is a hard road for a rookie
              Only a seasoned Chef should be considered for a job like that

Send her back to the foodtruck and don`t come back again lol

Comment

I do not understand why it is not plausible for her to know more than Cuban dishes. Anyone ever watched MasterChef Junior? Kids on there all the time be cooking all sort of dishes outside of their comfort zone. As a cook myself, my abilities are NOT limited to just one cuisine. I will agree that managing a food truck and restaurant is totally different from the two but if I had an Abby Newman and Devon Hamilton throwing money at me to have my own restaurant, I'd be all for it too! I liked Lola until she throw that hissy fit with Kyle over that purse.....Girl, you can accept a restaurant from your brother's girlfriend (a HANDOUT) but not an expensive purse as a GIFT? Girl bye!

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
                CouchCruisin' commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes please! Girl bye, and take your family with you!

• Loudoll
                Loudoll commented
                Editing a comment
                Just once when a girl rages against a guy unfairly such as the purse incident I wish the guy-victim would simply take his leave, along with the purse and give her a good lettin' alone. I nearly gagged later when she assured him he was "saying all the right things".

Originally posted by esthermiguel View Post
              I do not understand why it is not plausible for her to know more than Cuban dishes. Anyone ever watched MasterChef Junior? Kids on there all the time be cooking all sort of dishes outside of their comfort zone. As a cook myself, my abilities are NOT limited to just one cuisine. I will agree that managing a food truck and restaurant is totally different from the two but if I had an Abby Newman and Devon Hamilton throwing money at me to have my own restaurant, I'd be all for it too! I liked Lola until she throw that hissy fit with Kyle over that purse.....Girl, you can accept a restaurant from your brother's girlfriend (a HANDOUT) but not an expensive purse as a GIFT? Girl bye!
              Yep. I would say that too. Bye bye take all your family with you and don`t come back!

Comment

Lola cannot take constructive criticism without getting defensive and pissy and having a meltdown as shown today. She is pretty controlling and I see her butting heads with Devon and Abby sooner rather than later.

Today, Mia talked about the food she cooked not all that long ago and it doesn't sound like she has gone outside the basics of what she grew up with.

It's a huge step from cooking for a takeaway lunch/dinner crowd or a small dinner for two to a chef in a fancy restaurant. She's rude to customers already and she's got a big chip on her shoulder when it comes to money people. I don't think she has the temperament or knowledge base at this point to run a high end restaurant. What if a woman walks in with an expensive purse like the one she was so nasty to Kyle over?

Comment

• MsMalin
                  MsMalin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great comment. Gee maybe she should refuse to be paid by the rich clients.

Cuban cooking is very diverse and varied cuisine, it just not sandwiches. so she can be a top chef.

Comment

• vdw842003
                  vdw842003 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Never said cuban food isnt diverse but its just one type of food and she is suppose to be feeding a group of diverse individuals who im sure do not want to eat cuban dishes all the time.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X