X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RATINGS – Week of December 17 - 21

SOC's recaps - Week of December 17 - 21

http://www.soapcentral.com/yr/recaps/2018/181217.php

Nikki secretly consumed alcohol at the Jabot Christmas party. Reed hit something while driving in the snow, not knowing it was Nikki. Nate told the Newman family to expect the worst about Nikki's prognosis. Kerry and Jack made love. Devon signed Fen but dismissed Ana's desire to produce.

Total Viewers

1. Y&R 3,970,000 (-127,000/-363,000)
    Households
    1. Y&R 2.88/10 (-.09/-.23) <—— ties low

Women 18-49 Viewers
    1. Y&R 400,000 (-11,000/-29,000)
    Women 18-49 Rating
    1. Y&R 0.62/6 (-.01/-.04) <—— ties low (5th straight week)

Women 18-34 Viewers
    1. Y&R 112,000 (-6,000/+6,000)
    Women 18-34 Rating
    1. Y&R 0.32 (-.02/+.02) <—— ties low (4th straight week)

Women 25-54 Viewers
    1. Y&R 581,000 (-18,000/-111,000)
    Women 25-54 Rating
    1. Y&R 0.95 (-.03/-.18)

Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers
    Monday: 2.71/3,757,000
    Tuesday: 2.97/4,037,000
    Wednesday: 2.95/4,020,000
    Thursday: 2.98/4,064,000
    Friday: 2.80/3,970,000

Source:
    https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/201...ber-17-21-2018

Regardless of what one thinks of Mal's writing (I liked his dialogue writing more than his overall story concepts) it's those 'ties low' that sealed his fate. I am not sure anyone else could do any better, the rating are as it was the holidays and there ratings are asmuch a trend as anyting. But... given that Days, although still LOW in ratings, has managed to increase it's viewership over the last several years, we know it is possible. I am guessing we will have revolving EP's and head writers until the ratings go up, or the show is cancelled. Hopefully the ratings increase!

Thanks Holly

Comment

I hope the ratings go up...I don't want my soap cancelled.

Comment

• Smithey
        Smithey commented
        Editing a comment
        I am with you. I can overlook some things I'm not happy with just to keep the best soap on TV around. I've seen too many soaps get canceled because fans didn't like what was happening.

Sure it’s the holidays but way down from same time previous year.

Comment

Wow. The show fell below 4 million viewers? Yikes! That is ugly.

But I am not surprised the show has been INCREDIBLY boring the last few weeks.

Nikki hospital drama was boring
        Villy are mind numbingly boring
        Lola throwing a fit over a purse was dull and boring

Write better and more interesting stories. These ain't it.
        Last edited by VivianWard; January 4th, 2019, 10:50 AM.

Comment

^^^I am usually the one shaking my head, defending the show, because I think it's been pretty good for the last year, but the last two months have been horrid. And don't get me started on the Victoria/Cane kiss.

Comment

Originally posted by DCJim View Post
            ^^^I am usually the one shaking my head, defending the show, because I think it's been pretty good for the last year, but the last two months have been horrid. And don't get me started on the Victoria/Cane kiss.
            I know for a fact that we are entering the time that Mal knew he was on the way out! Per my source Mal knew due to the backlash of his stories, over a million viewers lost since January ect that they would probably not renew his contract which was up in October but they let him stay through the end of the year. That what we are seeing now is Mal trying ANYTHING & EVERYTHING to save his job. The exact words I was told is "things are gonna get a little crazy" in the last part of Mal's writing.

I was told that he did not like the Niktor "dream" sequence, thought it was cheesy which made me LOL because this is the person who wrote cheesy "Philly romcom" for MONTHS but approved the idea anyway as he knew the shift in power was coming at the time of editing & as a way to try to get a bump. We will find out about those scenes for ratings next week.
            Last edited by pink; January 4th, 2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Interesting that all soaps took a big hit over last year in total audience and two lost significant numbers from the week before.

Comment

I get the heyday of soaps are pretty much over but all I ask is for the good/interesting storytelling to continue. With all these change of writers it’s not happening sadly

Comment

Originally posted by TeamBB View Post
                  I get the heyday of soaps are pretty much over but all I ask is for the good/interesting storytelling to continue. With all these change of writers it’s not happening sadly
                  Exactly, it seems like we have a revolving door of head writers every year or after a couple of months. All this upheaval can't possibly be good for the show. Soaps are just not what they used to be. Hopefully the ratings will go up and we get some positive gains in the coming weeks, months. Thanks for posting Holly.

Comment

• Smithey
                    Smithey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry. The ratings won’t go up. If anything, they will decrease. TV ratings are heading south for everything. The constant changing of executive producers and headwriters guarantees one thing: Viewers are traded in for more changes and more plot devices instead of characterization.

This isn’t helping Y&R.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X