Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devon can finally be honest with someone!

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devon can finally be honest with someone!

I am so glad Devon can finally talk to an impartial person that can help validate the way he feels. I forgot about the fact that Nate is the one who did Hillary’s surgery after the accident and Devon is completely right about how Nate doesn’t seem to understand that would make it hard for Devon to be around him right now.

Yeah, I was always wondering about that. Nate did the surgery without Devon insight during that time and always wondered why they didnt follow up with Devon holding some kind of resentment toward Nate as he did with Lily.

Comment

• Tnc
      Tnc commented
      Editing a comment
      Right?! That was just swept under the rug.

Sorry, but Nate could have been honest with Shawna, Phyllis, Neil, or even Ana. This direction for Devon is not needed. More FF material for me.

Comment

• Tnc
      Tnc commented
      Editing a comment
      I disagree, they are too close to the situation to see Devon objectively. Each one of those people are also grieving but in a completely different way than him (you typed Nate but I’m sure you meant Devon). It’s like he told the therapist, it makes him feel as if they are telling him how to grieve, especially Nate.

• vdw842003
      vdw842003 commented
      Editing a comment
      I felt in a way he was kinda honest with Ana the other day when he opened up somewhat. Its just so much easier to talk to a stranger sometimes about grief instead because they dont know you and they can give a more honest opinion but at the same time, Devon is going to have to eventually be honest with his family, its the only way he can truly heal and moveon be happy again.

For me, way too depressing for this time of year, yet I realize it is the direction the story needs to go. It's not for me, these type of stories rarely are. So, I'll ff, but I hope they at least do sometype of PSA for depression and/or grief during the Holidays for those that are struggling with loss.

Comment

Its never easy losing someone at all but around the holidays its extremely hard because holidays r suppose to be about family and coming together, so it all make sense that Devon is losing it around this time. Hopefully come the new year, devon will be back to his old self.

Comment

I actually LOVED these scenes. I am a marriage and family therapist and thought the scenes were well acted by both. I’m usually pretty critical of professional stuff on this show but I thought this was well-played.

Comment

• Tnc
          Tnc commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought the same, I think the scenes were very well written and the actors did a great job.

• Pickles88
          Pickles88 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am so glad to hear you say this- it felt so real to me too, and I was surprised by how riveted I was during those scenes. I am starting to feel like Bryton deserves an Emmy for his portrait of grief, it’s incredibly authentic and moving.
          Last edited by Pickles88; December 7th, 2018, 08:51 PM.

It's boring. Also, Devon was a real butthead to Hillary. What a waste of show...... let's move on.

Comment

• vdw842003
          vdw842003 commented
          Editing a comment
          They both were terrible to each other but Hilary was really a mess toward him. Their relationship was def. of toxic and we they finally did have some kind of peace it was shortlived because she was dying and I feel like that its hard for Devon to move on and forgive because he knows they never had a real chance.

• colormebadd
          colormebadd commented
          Editing a comment
          Move on to what exactly? Every storyline is crap and every couple on the show treats eachother like garbage except Michael and Lauren. Who knows Mal Young is probably about to rip the Baldwin family apart next.

I didn't agree with that therapist pushing the pill s on Devon. To me that seems a little out of whack for a therapist. On anther note, why didn't Devon jump in when the dr. said that bit about loosing a child as well referring to Shauna? She is not a child, she is an 18 year old adult of no relation.

Comment

I am beyond thrilled that Devon went for help. He has a safe place to express how he feels. It is absolutely the right thing to do. Seeing a doctor is much better than drinking to excess.

Part of his problem is he lost his support system when he lost Hilary. He has pushed everyone away because they didn't see Hilary the way he did.

I don't think he's taken any pills yet but will probably push him to pick up that prescription.

Hopefully he will start being honest with the doctor about his two day marriage and the state of their relationship before the accident. I think a lot of his guilt stems from that.

Comment

Even Devon's therapist could not believe Nate, a family member operated on Hillary. This was the first time I heard Devon express his anger at Nate, he believes he is one of the reasons his wife is gone. Devon ususlly tells Nate he doesn't need a babysitter, or stop lecturing him, etc. But, this has really bothered him from the beginning. He should tell Nate how he feels, maybe Nate will back off, but I doubt it. Nate had no business operating on Hillary, there is an ethics code that states doctors should not treat family members. The doctor who was going to perform the operation looked at Nate like he was nuts.

Comment

• nfox
              nfox commented
              Editing a comment
              Mclecture thought he could save Hillary. Even though, the other doctor was like whoa...

• Tnc
              Tnc commented
              Editing a comment
              Mclecture.... ha, that’s awesome!

• Elisheba24
              Elisheba24 commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't know what it is going to take for Nate to back off. Devon must feel smothered, and yet, betrayed and stil, appreciative at times. Maybe the show can get a love interest for Nate, or maybe Nate can stop for a second and think Devon does not want him looking over his shoulder 24/7, just maybe a light bulb goes off and Nate contemplates his role in unethically operating on Hillary.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X