X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueberryJam
    started a topic Devon's Complete 180 is Lazy Writing

Devon's Complete 180 is Lazy Writing

For a second, I thought the scene between him and Lily was a dream sequence, but it was real . All it took for Devon to get over things were insensitive guilt trips from his family members and a lousy 12 month jail sentence. Go figure.

• BlueberryJam
    commented on 's reply
    A happy medium would've been nice.

• BlueberryJam
    commented on 's reply
    6 weeks is rushed. A happy medium would've been nice.

• jpa777
    replied
    Lazy, yes, but would rather have him forgive and forget than be a mean son of britch that he was acting like.

Leave a comment:

• middleone
    replied
    Devon can't win for losing. One minute he's wrong for wanting justice for his late wife and deceased child. And,now,he's wrong for changing his opinion of Lily too fast. WOW! And if the writers
    had let this story(along with Devon's righteous anger at Lily)linger into the holidays,at least,people would be beside themselves upset with Devon. And tell him(via the TV set)GET OVER IT,
    DEVON!(Because someone needing to get over the senseless death of the love of his life,in a matter of MONTHS,is,perfectly,understandable,*eyes roll*) Now,that he sees things a little differ-
    ently,via some time passing,he's be a flake and is getting over it TOO quickly. WTHeck?! Mind you,I wouldn't mind seeing Lily in jail for a while and having to go through some stuff(fights,
    loneliness,etc..)and seeing Devon bemoaning the loss of his wife and child(due to Lily's negligence)a while longer. Because that would be realistic,but it is a soap opera and on soaps time
    doesn't mean a whole lot. One minute a kid is 7 years old and a few months later,he/she is 16 or 17. So,what difference does it,really,make if Devon gets over his anger,at his sister,weeks
    later or months later. Yes,with CK on recurring one would think it would be a longer time for him to "get over" his ill feelings towards Lily,but if the fans (or writers)want to move on to some-
    thing else,oh well...Surely,we didn't think that Lily would,actually,be in jail/prison for the whole YEAR did we?

Leave a comment:

• middleone
    replied
    Originally posted by Fanlady View Post
    I’m glad Devon changed his tune, Hillary was no saint and her actions should have been brought up that helped caused this accident. Michael should have said how Hillary was basically taunting Lilly the whole time she was driving, Hillary was equally responsible for that accident as Lilly.
    But the law doesn't consider the passenger or anyone who might be a distraction. It(law)only cares about the driver. If passengers in cars,who were a distraction,were taken into consideration
    and found at fault(and as a result,thrown in prison)a LOT of CHILDREN would be in prison for distracting their parents.

Leave a comment:

• Elisheba24
    commented on 's reply
    I believe Lily told Cane that she has been targeted by some inmates, I don't recall why they targeted her, if they know the details behind her incarceration. She broke down to Cane and Charlie saw through that window in the visiting room.

• alex200606
    commented on 's reply
    the problem is; good stories or at least half believable ones get the sack, whilst frozen, animated, 'this is ridiculously insulting', stories run through sweeps week. do they still do sweeps?

• littleliz
    replied
    Well after the hissy fit for a month he does a 180. He could have stopped Lily going to jail. He said she would never be his sister. Is this a cruel joke? I have no words about Devon left. How does a person change overnight? If Shauna stops in for a visit I will scream. Heard a new actress playing Lily?

Leave a comment:

• kha
    replied
    Originally posted by Elisheba24 View Post
    I thought it would take an attack from an inmate for Devon to show up at the jail. That attack might still happen it's the family keeps talking about. The family wants her in protective custody, Lily does not want to be singled out, she might get attacked, then Devon will feel guilty and demand she be released.
    Why should Lily get protective custody when nothing has happened to her? I thought the family was nuts to expect that just because ... why? Lily's not someone with a background who would provoke an attack. Not a former cop, snitch, or mafia moll. She's a suburban woman who ran a red light and someone accidentally died. There's a chance here for the show to do some interesting "Orange Is the New Black" kind of stories, but I know they won't put any money toward that.

Leave a comment:

• Fanlady
    replied
    I’m glad Devon changed his tune, Hillary was no saint and her actions should have been brought up that helped caused this accident. Michael should have said how Hillary was basically taunting Lilly the whole time she was driving, Hillary was equally responsible for that accident as Lilly.

Leave a comment:

• DCJim
    replied
    The concensus on this board (one that I do not agree with) is that stories drag on for too long. Be careful what you wish for ...

Leave a comment:

• Emerald Greens
    commented on 's reply
    I could see them eventually getting on better but it would probably take time. I expected this sl would play out for some time. The sl has potential.

I think it was another sl that shifted quickly when CK went to recurring.

• soapfan6
    commented on 's reply
    Yea I think this was the case! I think once CK decided to go recurring status, they had to do a 180 on the story! I for one was looking forward to the conflict! Now I have no reason to watch on a regular bases.

• Emerald Greens
    replied
    It could be due to the shift away from Lily and her family that they are suddenly wrapping this up. Every spoiler had been indicating this was meant to be a long term sl.

Leave a comment:

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X